• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NVG Counterweight

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
I’m looking for suggestions for a counterweight kit for my TW bump helmet. I currently have a TW helmet cover on it. I have RNVGs with a G24 mount, peltor ear pro mounted on the helmet and IR strobe.

it’s not terribly unbalanced, but I have to really crank down on the BOA to keep it from sagging which really gets uncomfortable after a few hours of use.

I’d like to have something that’s multi-functional. I don’t use a battery pack, so weights that are quiet for hunting, holds extra items like chemlights and batteries for strobe and RNVG.

I'm in a similar boat. On my ballistic I rock a SOE Gear NSW Ballast to hold my MS2000 strobe and AA/AAA/123 batteries. Multifunctional as you described. Works out because you don't HAVE to run a battery pack with -31s. My bump on the other hand has a TNVC Mohawk (don't remember which version) to hold my battery -31 battery pack and Hel-star.

Some of the counterweight pouches can hold batteries if you don't buy the weights. Just be sure you wrap the batteries in a ziploc or something to waterproof them. I did some amphib stuff and got dunked losing all my backups once. Not a fun time.

Reactions: aslrookie
The lowest profile option is one that you make yourself out of lead, duct tape, and velcro tape.

Reactions: DoubleHaul
Checkout the Nodpod v2. Jack Banks makes them and posts them on the fb nvg groups and they are legit. Basically a 3d printed battery pack about the size of an anvis pack, that holds 5 AAs and 4 Cr123a's. I run one in my crye night cap and will be using it in my TW helmet / Mohawk mk2g2 once they get delivered.

Reactions: aslrookie
I bought a cheap Chinese counterweight off of ebay. It had crappy steel weights in it, so I tried replacing them with lead shot in tubes. The lead shot wasn't really heavier due to all the space between the shot pellets. So yesterday I melted them all down. Let them cool and then cut them into bars/strips on a regular wood cutting bandsaw. They are perfect now and add the weight i needed. I may make my own pouch for them too