• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NX8 4x32 mounting

Duramax6

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
I was wondering what base guys were running on the NX8 x32. I just arrived today. I have a 20 moa base on the rifle at the moment, just wondering if that would put me too far at the bottom of the adjustment. Reason for asking is that I sent a previous scope in for tracking issues, not a NF, for not not returning to zero, their reason was that the scope was bottomed out on elevation. Max distance we shoot is around 800/900 yds. Thanks in advance.

Basically, take whatever the total elevation travel is on the optic and divide it by 2. This will give you total up/down with a 0 MOA base (generally speaking). For instance, if you have a 100 MOA total elevation adjustment, you will have 50 up and 50 down so you can go with a 50 MOA base and still zero. With that said, that is written not actual. So, for this example, I would not go more than 40 MOA base so I should have 90 up and 10 down. This will allow you some room to zero properly. So, your 20 MOA base should easily be fine for your NX8.

Edit to add: looks like the NX8 4-32 has 90 MOA internal elevation adjustment so I would not go more than a 35-40 MOA base. Your 20 will be more than adequate to get you well past 1000 yards.

I used a 20 moa rail on my 2.5-20 and I easily had enough to zero, I can dial 22 mils up from my 100 yard zero( I like to set my zero stop back past my zero .5 mils).
I don't know how far you are planning to shoot, but that's enough for me to dial a mile with the 6.5.
Hope that helps,

Appreciate it guys. Gotta it mounted and hopefully get out to the range in the next couple days

I use a Geiselle Super Precision Mount.
I currently have it in a 0 moa Mount. Since I’m using on a 6.5CM, I wish maybe that I had a 20MOA , but I haven’t needed it yet.