• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes NXS 2.5-10x32

Smokey85

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2009
North Dakota, USA
looking at picking up a 2.5-10x32 nxs with the NP-R2 ret. the local gun shop doesnt keep a whole lot of these lying around so id like to know if the reticle is illuminated like the velocity ones are, and how good these are at early morning/last light. also any thoughts on these or similiar scopes?

Re: NXS 2.5-10x32

aren't all nxs illuminated? The website and brochure is not very clear on that point, so I don't know for sure, but...

my NXS has the MLR (illuminated) and even though the brightness is not easy to adjust, it works well during the transition of lighting conditions early and late in the day

they are illuminated with a brightness control. There is no focus knob. the adjustment is in the place of the side focus.

i was pretty sure that they all where but the new guy at the shop was less than helpful. high setting for the brightness was way bright but that was under a store spotlight.

they come standard with illumination. if it isn't illuminated, either it's fake or the battery is dead

As JCH mentions, the left knob on the 2.5-10 is the illumination dial & provides 9 brightness settings. The brightest setting is not daylight visible, but it is insanely bright at dawn and dusk. My cell phone pics are horrible but here's the brightest setting aimted into a room lit with a single 60W bulb. BTW this is the NP-R2 reticle you ask about:

NF_Lit.jpg

Can't go wrong with NF IMO. I have the 5.5x22-56 for my bolt action. Planning on getting this one for my AR10 build! For the price of a S&B I'd rather buy 2 NF's!