• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NXS 2.5x10 vs Mk8 1.1x8

madppcs

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2011
    Forest hill, Louisiana
    Looking for a compact scope for my Dpms mini Sass.
    I WAS considering the Mk8 until I saw the price. FUCK THAT! How in the hell do those retarded assholes justify their price?!

Now I'm really leaning towards the Nxs 2.5x10. But I'm really wanting something closerto a 1x magnification.

Any suggestions?

Re: NXS 2.5x10 vs Mk8 1.1x8

you obviously haven't looked through the Mk8 or seen the specs have you?

MK 8 are amazing pieces of gear. I dont know about full retail but I have one ordered.

No I haven't looked through one. Honestly I JUST started shopping around for a scope.
    Can you guys please enlighten me on what's so special about this scope? I can buy a Gap10 for the price of that scope

They are leaps and bounds above anything that Leupold has ever put out. I would put glass clarity on par with the Germans, adjustments are great, tracks true, beefy, well built, and 34mm tube. Nightforce isn't on the same level as the Mk8

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are leaps and bounds above anything that Leupold has ever put out. I would put glass clarity on par with the Germans, adjustments are great, tracks true, beefy, well built, and 34mm tube. Nightforce isn't on the same level as the Mk8</div></div>

Agreed, no comparison. Deals can be had on the 1-8, they are worth it.

look at the march 1-10 or they have a ffp 1-8 I think they are awesome to use but more than nightforce

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">look at the march 1-10 or they have a ffp 1-8 I think they are awesome to use but more than nightforce </div></div>

March 1-10? What is that? Typo?

The March 1-10 isn't even close to as nice of a tactical style optic as the Mark 8. I've owned both, and still have the Mark 8.

What reticle are you guy's going with in the Mark 8? M-TMR or Horus. Not a big fan of either. I wish they would add the normal TMR with a dot like the Horus version has.

MK 8s are showing up used/demo here pretty cheap - like $2100.

They have issues though - single turn 5 Mil elev knob tops the list. No day use reticle lighting. Heavy beaaaccchhhh. BDC rets that may or may not do what you want with your ammo.

The two scopes you are talking about are apples and oranges. First vs second focal plane is the biggest difference; near or true 1x is another.

I'll agree with this point though - with all the scopes out there, it is still puzzling why ALL the scopes have some sort of issue.

A FFP NF 2.5-10 with the current knob options (10 mil/turn, ZS) along with the ability to have the same reticle as in the F1 would get me 90% of the way there, and yes I would buy multiples of this scope today if it were available. Add locking knobs along the lines of what S&B is doing? Now we're talking....

Let's hope for good news from SHOT along these lines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What reticle are you guy's going with in the Mark 8? M-TMR or Horus. Not a big fan of either. I wish they would add the normal TMR with a dot like the Horus version has.</div></div>

I've got the M-TMR in mine. I hate Horus reticles so it's currently the only option. I actually like the reticle, but it needs a center illuminated dot like on the Short Dot to be perfect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

They have issues though - single turn 5 Mil elev knob tops the list. No day use reticle lighting. Heavy beaaaccchhhh. BDC rets that may or may not do what you want with your ammo.</div></div>

Not sure what you are talking about here. I'm guessing you haven't actually used the scope. Mark 8's have a single turn 10.5 mil locking turret. Also, neither of the reticles available in the scope are BDC.

The Mk8 may be a fine scope as yall stated. But I cant justify putting 3-4k worth of glass on a 556 cal. I make ALOT of money, but Dayum that just doesnt seem like a wise purchase.

On the other hand, I did look through a Mk4 2.5x8 TMR illuminated reticle today. It was 1000$. I currently have a Mk4 4.5x14 TMR and I love it. I cant even find a single issue with it.

mk8 is level better than nxs compact.
    and it's 2.5K not 5K.

pay once cry once.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madppcs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Mk8 may be a fine scope as yall stated. But I cant justify putting 3-4k worth of glass on a 556 cal. I make ALOT of money, but Dayum that just doesnt seem like a wise purchase.

On the other hand, I did look through a Mk4 2.5x8 TMR illuminated reticle today. It was 1000$. I currently have a Mk4 4.5x14 TMR and I love it. I cant even find a single issue with it. </div></div>

What objective on your Mk4 4.5x14?

Scott at Liberty Optics had some for $2.5k and I've seen them on eBay for $2.6k recently. I've not seen any used ones for $2.1k yet, but obviously the new price has come down and the used price should follow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rainier42</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madppcs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Mk8 may be a fine scope as yall stated. But I cant justify putting 3-4k worth of glass on a 556 cal. I make ALOT of money, but Dayum that just doesnt seem like a wise purchase.

On the other hand, I did look through a Mk4 2.5x8 TMR illuminated reticle today. It was 1000$. I currently have a Mk4 4.5x14 TMR and I love it. I cant even find a single issue with it. </div></div>

What objective on your Mk4 4.5x14? </div></div>

Its a 40mm
    Its the one with the AICS chassis.
    IMG_2973.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like a 50mm. </div></div>

Its the 40mm. My Nightforce on my M21 in the background in that pic is a 50mm. And its bigger than my Mk4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about the Mk4 3.5-10x40 with TMR and M5 turrets? </div></div>

My Mk4 in the pic above is the TMR reticle. I really like it. And the 2.5x8 Mk4 I looked through the other day was a TMR illuminated. Im leaning towards that one actually.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madppcs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about the Mk4 3.5-10x40 with TMR and M5 turrets? </div></div>

My Mk4 in the pic above is the TMR reticle. I really like it. And the 2.5x8 Mk4 I looked through the other day was a TMR illuminated. Im leaning towards that one actually. </div></div> Yeah I have the 3.5-10 on my .223 and it will go onto my .260 next and I like it a lot, especially for the money. I would have got the 2.5-8 if it had M5 turrets.