• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nxs vs lrhs vs shv

Joko111

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2021
Maryland
Looking to put a scope on my proof elevation, I will be shooting and hunting out to 500 yards ... I’m currently looking at
-shv 3-10 illuminated force plex
-lrhs 3-12
-nxs 2.5-10 42mm mil

No experience with either NF, but can wholly endorse the LRHS/TS lineup from Bushnell from experience with a half dozen I’m currently running. However, the 3-12 are pretty scarce, perhaps because others seem to share same opinion. Have you considered pre-ordering the LRHS2 from GAP? Would take a look at that, certain.

Reactions: Joko111
No experience with either NF, but can wholly endorse the LRHS/TS lineup from Bushnell from experience with a half dozen I’m currently running. However, the 3-12 are pretty scarce, perhaps because others seem to share same opinion. Have you considered pre-ordering the LRHS2 from GAP? Would take a look at that, certain.
Yes I have that’s now one that I am looking at .... but I’m not sure how the ffp will work for hunting and it’s also a bit long at 14.5 inches for this hunting rifle

Just me, but I tend to prioritize glass and tracking over length, and the LRHS/TS aren’t too heavy to inhibit your ability to place an accurate shot. Nor do I consider FFP an impedance, unless you’re hunting in dark, heavy timber or first/last light, in which case illumination is your friend.

Just me, but I tend to prioritize glass and tracking over length, and the LRHS/TS aren’t too heavy to inhibit your ability to place an accurate shot. Nor do I consider FFP an impedance, unless you’re hunting in dark, heavy timber or first/last light, in which case illumination is your friend.
I’ve never used a ffp reticle and where I hunt we typically have the best luck around first/ last light .... and it’s a large field with woods all around so I think it could become an issue without ilum or sfp .... not 100% sure tho

The LRHS G2 reticle IMO is one of the best low light FFP reticles out there. I’m not sure they ever made the 3-12 in a illuminated reticle though or at least I have never seen one. The LRTSi was made in a 3-12 with the G3 reticle.

The SHV would be my last choice of the scopes you listed. Capped elevation and IMO the reticle options aren’t anything to write home about.

If your trying to keep the weight down and aren’t opposed to SFP I think I would give the Vortex LHT a hard look. I don’t think it’s as durable as the other scopes you listed but it’s a very nice scope for the weight.