• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nylon Brush

Re: Nylon Brush

Bartlin recommends never to pull the brush back over the crown. I don't see how nylon can damage stainless steel anyway. Unless you yank the rod back too fast and the back of the brush damages the crown. But if your careful I don't see any legitimate threat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It all depends on what you pull it back with.Carbon not a good idea.</div></div>

Are you referring to carbon cleaning rod or carbon on the brush?

Just curious for clarification. Thanks.

I've been scrubbing the shit out of target rifles for 35 years now with brass brushes and yes you probably can wear, wear isn't the right word it's more like smooth up or polish, the lower edge of the crown slightly but it takes a lot more strokes than any tactical guy will ever run through a barrel. A clean barrel is a happy barrel. Scrub away and don't give it another thought.

If carbon on your brush is a concern just push a wet patch down the barrel before you start. I do know brushes last longer by doing that.

That's wny I like this site. No where else can one get info from premier builders. Thank you; will give it a try.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave Tooley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been scrubbing the shit out of target rifles for 35 years now with brass brushes and yes you probably can wear, wear isn't the right word it's more like smooth up or polish, the lower edge of the crown slightly but it takes a lot more strokes than any tactical guy will ever run through a barrel. A clean barrel is a happy barrel. Scrub away and don't give it another thought. </div></div>

That ^