• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NYT article on US Navy Seal sniper

Re: NYT article on US Navy Seal sniper

Fucking seals... Sigh 338lapua huh? weird, lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He teaches what’s required to take that perfect shot: Study the terrain, correct for elevation and wind, prepare for the vibration after the shot, and keep in mind the Coriolis effect, the effect of the rotation of the Earth on a bullet’s trajectory. </div></div>

Hmmm....not sure what to think about the Coriolis. I guess I don't shot far enough for it to be a concern. Do people take this into account when shooting ELR? I am not knocking his comments, was simply surprised to see Coriolis mentioned as one of the things to keep in mind. Sadly this will invariably lead to all my none shooting, book reading, friends stating this as gospel....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He teaches what’s required to take that perfect shot: Study the terrain, correct for elevation and wind, prepare for the vibration after the shot, and keep in mind the Coriolis effect, the effect of the rotation of the Earth on a bullet’s trajectory. </div></div>

Hmmm....not sure what to think about the Coriolis. I guess I don't shot far enough for it to be a concern. Do people take this into account when shooting ELR? I am not knocking his comments, was simply surprised to see Coriolis mentioned as one of the things to keep in mind. Sadly this will invariably lead to all my none shooting, book reading, friends stating this as gospel.... </div></div>

He forgot to mention the gravity of the sun itself..........

It was mentioned in shooter so they had to mention it

Hahahahaha. The "effect" is long shots more than most shoot spin drift plays more that it does till serious yrs