• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

O.T.S. BATTLE IN THE CANYONS AUG 27, 28

Re: O.T.S. BATTLE IN THE CANYONS AUG 27, 28

Ok here goes what i have for entry i have checked these with the checks i have deposited if youre name is not on here and youre check has cleared let me know, this is what i have.if youre name is not on here and you waited to long to send a check i have a waiting you may be put on if you want.

brody Ward
dean morris
bran roberts
kevin elpers
lloyd waggoner
floyd cook
bradley bell
joey thompson
neil bailey
eddy clark
matt parry
mike luckett
chantry whittington
ryan richman
mike cassle
justin shireman
curtis ferrall
vince mueggenborg
david mann
tom ross
Bj bailey
adam roberts
jason sloan
andy stefus
john rorie
steven elmenhorst
ryan thomsen
jason christian
tom phillips
steve hurst
steve eacret
les dyke
rex ranoe
scott hardison
garrett donley
rich emmons
military
military
military
scott milkovich
john hayhurst
micheal nitzschke
lynn allen
geordie richardson
michal harrison
ryan sears
bruno-bronislaw niestatek
nightforce
nightforce
john beanland
ben burrows

this is what i have please make sure you see youre name and sorry if its spelled incorect ill fix it later cant wait the prize table is goin to be awesome.

Looking forward to this. See y'all there.

Mick

Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting a bunch of new ones!

-Steve Eacret

i think i failed to mention that this is a record year, yesterday was day 46 over 100 degress and no rain since december good thing i ordered 60 cases of water for the match

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tac driver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think i failed to mention that this is a record year, yesterday was day 46 over 100 degress and no rain since december good thing i ordered 60 cases of water for the match</div></div>

Sure that's enough?
wink.gif

dont now thats over 36 bottle per person i hope so if not will do the bear grils trick..lolol

I hope you have plenty of humidity... I'm not use to heat with out the HIGH humidity......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
???????
</div></div>

yup...

Thanks for the info tac driver. I apologize for the tenor of the post. The info is much appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hypertex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
???????
</div></div>

yup...

</div></div>

WTF??? Don't you have another thread to vandalize?

Travis, just a question about gear, are tennis shoes gonna be ok or are we running in uneven terrain, which boots would make more sense? Just asking cause a bum ankle.

shoes or boots. ill try not to make you run in bad terrain. but you will be in canyons for 2 days so iff you have a bad anckle you might want boots!

Hotel booked, time off scheduled, ammo loaded, and to keep from being DQ'ed on arrival rear bags are being made. Looking forward to shooting with some familiar faces and some new ones.

Are you kidding me with RM3G and the wife thinking about shooting this month, if the rifle is done - Thank you again for working with her and letting her test out what felt best to her - and the dies come in, plus all the other ammo I want to load boredom is not an option. Also, who knows if my 6XC dies come in I may just try to set them up and run that rifle.

I've shot almost half of my new brass, 170 more to go and then I can size, prep and load for OK.....

Scott, jsut get a pair of Birkenstocks, you'll be fine
smile.gif

Could you please explain why your capping the caliber max at .30?

I'd love to participate, but apparently my .338 Lapua is discriminated against... Ha.

Really?

.30 max and a 3100fps speed limit is pretty standard fare. Although I'd almost like to see someone blast through 250-300rds on a 338 in a weekend thinking it would give them an advantage in a practical match....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LapuaMile</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could you please explain why your capping the caliber max at .30?

I'd love to participate, but apparently my .338 Lapua is discriminated against... Ha. </div></div>
Just a guess but I'd suppose he wants to keep steel damage to minimum and stage failures and slow downs caused by destroyed steel a non factor.

We got guys in Phoenix too that have big calibers and don't shoot matches, or don't understand the logistics of a match. The desert is their playground, they'll be able to tell all their buddies how good of a shot they are because they have a 408/338/etc...., some can hit a target at a mile, but never come play our game...............and this is their excuse, "you won't let me play".

For the number one reason is that they are shooting my steel that i purchused with my money and i dont want holes in. Number two is nobody wants to lay beside you all day and take the precusion off youre gun! its not descriminating just to damn big for what we do, i have 3 338's ,408 chytac, and a 50 bmg and could not imagine shooting any of them 250 times in one weekend. But i tell ya what you get enouf guys and ill put on a large bore match just for you have a perfect place for a 1000 to 2000 yard match just let me know!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tac driver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the number one reason is that they are shooting my steel that i purchused with my money and i dont want holes in. Number two is nobody wants to lay beside you all day and take the precusion off youre gun! its not descriminating just to damn big for what we do, i have 3 338's ,408 chytac, and a 50 bmg and could not imagine shooting any of them 250 times in one weekend. But i tell ya what you get enouf guys and ill put on a large bore match just for you have a perfect place for a 1000 to 2000 yard match just let me know!! </div></div>

True that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tac driver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i have 3 338's ,408 chytac, and a 50 bmg and could not imagine shooting any of them 250 times in one weekend. But i tell ya what you get enouf guys and ill put on a large bore match just for you have a perfect place for a 1000 to 2000 yard match just let me know!! </div></div>

I have heard a lot of people over the years looking for a match like this. I agree that the round count and the pace would need to be reduced, but it would be interesting to see how many would step up to the plate. The Mammoth match in January only had a couple of heavy class shooters and something like a hundred in military and open.

eta:
In my experience there are very few men who can do better with a heavy rifle at almost any range or c.o.f. under field conditions than they can with a 6.5 or 6mm. I have tried and cannot.
Tom Fuller comes to mind as one of the few men that I have witnessed to have this skill and discipline. He shot a score in heavy at mammoth that would beat most shooters in other classes shooting at closer targets. He also shot top 10 with a 338 at the Cup 2010.
Many talk the talk, but few walk the walk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tac driver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i have 3 338's ,408 chytac, and a 50 bmg and could not imagine shooting any of them 250 times in one weekend. But i tell ya what you get enouf guys and ill put on a large bore match just for you have a perfect place for a 1000 to 2000 yard match just let me know!! </div></div>

I have heard a lot of people over the years looking for a match like this. I agree that the round count and the pace would need to be reduced, but it would be interesting to see how many would step up to the plate. The Mammoth match in January only had a couple of heavy class shooters and something like a hundred in military and open.

eta:
In my experience there are very few men who can do better with a heavy rifle at almost any range or c.o.f. under field conditions than they can with a 6.5 or 6mm. I have tried and cannot.
Tom Fuller comes to mind as one of the few men that I have witnessed to have this skill and discipline. He shot a score in heavy at mammoth that would beat most shooters in other classes shooting at closer targets. He also shot top 10 with a 338 at the Cup 2010.
Many talk the talk, but few walk the walk. </div></div>Wade is a lot like E.F. Hutton...When he speaks,its worth listening to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Back to the match at hand-info packets heading out soon?</div></div>

Sorry working on packet sending now but i only have 21 emails so if you dont recieve something that means i dont have youre adress. Hope yall are ready for this i will see you friday night in mooreland ok 73852 for check in and the fish fry from 6;30 till 9.00 pm

This will be the only time you are allowed to check zero is fri night.

No spots are left open sorry

I know the small crew from AZ LRPRS is heading out Thursday. Good luck gents and REPRESENT!!
cool.gif

do we have to come check in Friday night or can we just check in Saturday morning.

Check in is mandatory if not at check in you will not be able to shoot in the match. side pot or calcuta will be done friday night, along with safty breifing and all forms must be signed. We will meet at 6am sat and hope to be shooting by 7 with all the cof's dont have time for anything else on Sat.

Just want to make sure were all one the same page come time to pull the triger!!!

I hope everyone is ready for a good time and safe travel see you Friday!!!!

Directions to check in is : From stop light in mooreland
Go 0.5 block east
North into
will have sign at road

To all the sponsors that stepped up and helped with prize table a big,BIG THANK YOU, for making this match what it is. Once again thank you and I will have a sponsors list post after the match.

My journey begins today, see y'all there.

Mick

Just outside of Amarillo looking forward to shooting with all of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just outside of Amarillo looking forward to shooting with of you. </div></div>

Good grammar chicken choker, And he got the most sleep, gonna stop for breakfast in armadillo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just outside of Amarillo looking forward to shooting with of you. </div></div>

Good grammar chicken choked, And he got the most sleep, gonna stop for breakfast in armadillo </div></div> Yeah you are one to talk Mr. Armadillos causes leprosy.

Great event and great folks! Travis, this was an awesome and challenging event. You and the RO's really made the match and I look forward to taking part in year seven.

Big thanks to all the folks who helped make this thing go. Great match, despite the heat! Congrats to Jon Beanland for once again whipping our tails!!

Thanks Travis had a great time despite the heat. Big thanks to all the RO's and help you had. A big thanks to all the sponsors as well.

Thanks again,
Scott

Good time, wish I had done better-but if you gotta do less than stellar landing on a sponsored place can't be beat!! Huge thanks to Butch of Butch's Gun Shop of Woodward OK, both for ROing all weekend and for being a sponsor!
When I saw I got 20th I never would have guessed it meant a new pistol!!!

Great match thanks to Travis and his crew

Met a lot of good folks and got to see some others I haven't seen in a while.

Congrats to John Beanland on the win and thanks to all the sponsors.

I'd also like to thank all the RO's, helpers, and Travis. Good match.

Hit us up with the sponsor list when you can so we can thank them as well.
That was a hell of a prize table.

Travis,

Thank you and all the RO's for sweating your butts off in 110 degree heat and making this a fun weekend with a very challenging COF.

Thanks to the sponsors for an excellent prize table. Even though I shot poorly, I still got to take home some goodies!

Good learning experience for me, as I seldom get to shoot the distances we were shooting, esp. with the good hit and (with me :D) miss feedback.

Great bunch of shooters, everyone kept a good attitude in the horrible heat.