• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

O.T.S. BATTLE IN THE CANYONS AUG 27, 28

Re: O.T.S. BATTLE IN THE CANYONS AUG 27, 28

Neat country to shoot in, congrats to all the shooters who survived the 110 degree heat. Heard lot's of good reports overall about the match, wish I could of been there. Looking forward to next year...

That is some beautiful country to shoot in.I notice a tree/shrub in the pictures growing in one direction.Maybe that is why the Oklahoma contingent does so well in the wind.You guys have never shot without it blowing 25 to 35.The hills are nice too. The tallest thing we have here is an overpass,and the last time we tried shooting off of it ------.Well, let's just say the state troopers didn't think it was such a good idea.

I would like to thank Travis and his crew for a great match.

It was good to see some old friends and make some new ones. Them boys in Oklahoma can shoot.

Thanks to all the sponsors.

They said it was hot but I drank so much water I couldn't tell. I still feel like a half empty 55 gallon drum.

Shooting in Oklahoma is a huge challange!!! Not just because of the wind but RATTLE SNAKES!!!!!! We had a run in with one Sunday morning. I know it was at least 20' long and had 7 inch fangs. Well maybe it wasn't, but that's what I saw as I started running and then realized there might be more in the direction I was going and slammed on my brakes and stood in the same place searching to see if I could move again.

Congratulations to the top shooters. I look forward to doing this one again but maybe in a different month (hint, hint).

Mick

Well, well, well!! Thank all of you that worked your asses off to put on a really great event. It was just a pile of good fun. A long ton of good people who are true riflemen. Good on all of you.

great match,travis & his crew ran it well. thanks to all the sponsors. lots of good people, good shooters, good meals. thanks again

I would just like to say thanks again to Travis, Jerry, Butch and the rest of the RO"s and crew that ran this match. Would also like to thank the guys that put on the food and all of the sponsors for your donations. I know you guys put a lot of time into this match and it showed. It was a tough course of fire. We were tested in many ways and will become better shooters from the experience that we have gained from this match. I would also like to give a big thanks to Nightforce for your donations ( that was awesome.)

This was just a great bunch of people to be around and spend the weekend with. I really enjoyed shooting with all of you guys. Looking forward to next time.
( just hope it cools off a bit )

Congratulations to Jon Beanland for a Great Win & for having the top 3 shooters shooting Beanland Custom Rifles!

A Huge thank you to Travis, Jerry & the whole RO staff. Thank You guys Very Much.

Also a Huge thank you to all the sponsors, Especially Kyle Armament for the Suppressor Certificate I picked up.

I thought the plaque to the land owner was a really cool idea.

Dean-o

A big thanks to Travis, Jerry, Butch the O.T.S and all the R.O.'s and other crew(s) that that worked their butts off and no one ever really sees. Most shooters/competetors probably have no idea of the amount of work and time that goes into a match like this, not to mention the conditions and logistics at match day(s). This was a very challenging COF, and it was reflected by the scores from an extremely talented group of shooters. Congrats to Jon, Brody, Tom, Eddie ...really good shooting, especially in such brutal heat.

Really enjoyed the fellowship, seeing many friends that you only get to see at one of these events.

Lastly thanks to all the sponsors for a really great prize table. When you get ready to buy equipment continue to support those who keep our sport alive and running.

See ya next time...

BTW ... Mick's snake was 'bout 8" long... and Mick can scream like a littel girl...

I believe Mike Luckett stepped on it an killed with his boot. I think he got a pretty good kick out of the expression on there face when he did that.

great match! tough targets, thanks to Travis, and all the RO's. Thanks to the cooks, food was great! Thanks to all the sponsors who went above and beyond. no match for old men.

Big thanks to all the sponsors and range officers that made this match happen. Travis put on a match that had a lot of new types of stages for me, and I really enjoyed shooting them. It was hot one, but everyone had a good time.

I would like to echo the sentiments of all the shooters.

Travis, ROs and staff THANKS!!! I know it’s a lot of work and prep to make one of these events happen. Also a big thanks to the land owner, people like that are getting harder to find.

Even in all the heat everyone acted like true sportsmen. I feel the reason this sport has such a strong following is the camaraderie. I saw more than one person checking on someone to see if they were ok (that kind of heat does take a toll).

Thanks to all the vendors that sponsored this event. Knowing that every dollar counts in this economy and still willing to support events like this. I can only speak for myself (I know others feel the same way) it is not going unnoticed.

Congratulations to Beanland and the other top shooters.

Looking forward to next year hot or cold!

A big thank you is due to Travis, Jerry, Butch and all the other RO's.

We thought we would get a cool down from the AZ heat, but to our surprise it wasn't.

I promise I will come better prepared next time with a gun i have more than 20 rounds down the tube. It did make my day to hit the 1135yd target with a small framed AR15(6.5 grendel).

I was lucky enough to win a certificate to Butch's Gun shop and before leaving town we went down and did a bit of shopping. What a great guy and fantastic crew. Thank you Butch!!

I met so many nice folks, some from OK some from TX but I can honestly say that we were treated so well it makes me miss that part of the country.

Thank you all again for having us down for the match and again thanks to the RO's and the sponsors and the folks who did the cooking for us.

Scott Milkovich
Specialized Dynamics

Congrats John on a nice win and thanks to the whole crew for the great job they did. All the R.O.'s were very nice. And everyone I shot near by was a true sportsmen despite the heat. Thanks again all.

I want to thank all of the people who worked on putting this match on. It was a lot of hard work and they did a great job. Had a lot of fun and met good people. Looking forward to the next one. Big thank you to Travis and all of the sponsors Tom Ross

great match guys, I really had a good time, and enjoyed shooting with some great shooters. Big thanks to Travis, Butch, Jerry, Earl, and all the others that helped. I know that its a big job to put on a match of that size, and we all appreciate your hard work. Thanks to the sponsors for an awesome prize table, and to the cooks for some great food. Looking forward to the next one.

I brought the camera but forgot to use it...probably would have shot better pictures!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Thanks to all involved,especially for the patience given to a first timer.I had a great time burning up all those last minute loads.A special thanks to C3 & C5 for keeping me in the game when I couldnt locate the targets or get one ranged.Couldnt have picked a better group to start with than Charlie Company.

Getting a late start home Sunday put me rolling in at 2am only to find my garage being burgularized.Little difficult to retrieve 17 lb rifle from Starlight case.Managed to finish calling in Liscense number before making contact with the perpatrator.If he had only seen me wipe out those hostage targets for a NEGATIVE 70.

Guys, Woodward just got nailed by mother nature. She's been whomping her for the last week but good. If you shot this event, check up on our brothers in Woodward.