• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oakley M Frame Lens

EddieNFL

SMSgt
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2006
Florida
Looking for a new lens for my M-Frame. Was told that any M frame lens will fit any M frame. Mine has the clip that pops into a hole in the lens, but I read just drill a hole in, say Sweep lens, and it will fit. Anyone have personal experience? Thanks.

Those frames with the hole plug are military. Not sure about drilling but all M frame lenses will fit. That said I would get a new frame & lens - unless you are military & required to use the mil-spec frames (then carefully drill).

Be real careful drilling... I did it and ended up cracking the lens.

There is no reason to even have the damn hole in the lenses, as the plastic thing that keeps the lenses in breaks pretty easily, and is as useful as a jockstrap made out of 90 mile an hour tape.

Sure you feel tactical, but is it useful?

Stick with the straight M-Frames, don't fuck with them.

Thanks for the input. They are military frames, but I've been retired a while. Found a couple of lenses. Drilled one earlier and it fits like a charm.