• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OAL of 7mmRM + 180 Berger?

Murphy's Law

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2011
Australia
My apologies if this has already been covered. Just hoping someone would be able to give me the total length of a 7mmRM round loaded with a 180 gn VLD Hunting projectile seated to base of the neck?

Thanks.

Murph

Re: OAL of 7mmRM + 180 Berger?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MALLARD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3.290? </div></div>

That is the OAL that Berger gave me for the 180 VDL. Standard for 7mm RM in all the manuals too.

I think mine are closer to 3.480 OAL when on the lands in my gun.

Well, when I load bergers I never worry about the OAL on the cartridge. It is not important, just go by your lands and play with seating depth 0.01jammed into l&g's then work your way out. OAL is kinda redundant with bergers

Sorry guys, I should have said - this is more about the mag box than anything else. I'm waiting to get my new rifle just finished by Chad Dixon. I know he used a Wyatt extended box which has an internal length of 3.825 inches. I'm trying to establish whether there will be enough length in that box to -

1. Initially seat the bergers right out so I can use a full case of powder and

2. Progressivly increase the OAL of my rounds as the throat wears.

Cheers.

Murph