• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Obsession/disorder?

Re: Obsession/disorder?

i can relate. if it goes bang i want one. nothing goes into my safe that doesnt get shot. i shoot pistol on monday nites skeet on tuesday trap on wednesday and thursday. in the summer we shoot rifle on friday nites and in the winter we shoot rimfire indoors. saturdays and sundays are split up between ata nra highpower and idpa

Glad to see that im not the only one!!!
shocked.gif

also have a gun on layaway at 2 separate gun shops all the time just as an excuse to go to the gun shops every other week

My wife asks" how many guns do you need". I replie "how many pair of shoe's do you need? End of discussion.
Or I it's always just one more.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love that one... "life was alot easier when i was just a drunk"

By the way when I hear "how many guns do you NEED" my response is: It's not a question of need, it's a question of WANT. I don't NEED more guns, I WANT more guns. :)

I buy a rifle, deck it out, shoot it for a while until I'm bored and then go buy another one. I rarely sell anything. Right now I'm on my GAP 338. I don't see myself getting tired of shooting this thing. It's ridiculously addicting. It is a little large for song dogs though, so I'm doing some upgrades to my 5R at the same time. Should be good to go for quite a while.

My shooting varies. Sometimes it is every weekend, sometimes I'll go a few months in between.

More than anything, I think i've become a gear whore. I used to be the type that wanted multiple guns. Now I just need a few and want them set up just perfect.

Like any good addiction in life, I will always be in recovery.

I have been addicted to lots of activities, but I just cant kick shooting. Must have been the gateway drug cause most things involve firearms these days

Is it an obsession, or a passion? I know people that collect coins. They buy them, and put them in cases on display never to be touched. Same with people who used to collect hess trucks. However, I don't condone the behavior. Take them out and pull the trigger. It'll be okay. Haha.

Re: Obsession/disorder No denial here they are investments. In my happiness!😉

I buy a rifle, deck it out, shoot it for a while until I'm bored and then go buy another one. I rarely sell anything. Right now I'm on my GAP 338. I don't see myself getting tired of shooting this thing. It's ridiculously addicting. It is a little large for song dogs though, so I'm doing some upgrades to my 5R at the same time. Should be good to go for quite a while.

My shooting varies. Sometimes it is every weekend, sometimes I'll go a few months in between.

I also have an obsession with weapons. I am always adding something new to my collection. Sometimes I feel like I'm sick of it. But it's definitely not a personality disorder, I've read about it, used https://paperap.com/free-papers/personality-disorder/ for that. It's just an obsession, it's normal. For each person, it manifests itself at different ages and it can be completely different hobbies.
What rifles do you buy the most?

Last edited:
I say you like to spend your money on what ever you love , but ask the girl she would probably say I was crazy for packing the house with guns ammo and the rest of it . Either way it works out she likes shoes and cloths I don't complain when she goes shopping well not too much , I figure she is worth it and she does not cry when I bring more guns or ammo home . If you enjoy it and can afford it . Who cares what someone else wants to labels or thinks about what brings you joy . Some people like cars other trucks some go nuts over girl friends/ wives ( I don't get more than one at a lime , too expensive and risky (to me) but god bless them all the same ... besides you can't be a gun hoarder if your not hoarding guns so buy more tons more .