• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Odd encounter while zeroing

Bb214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2018
I’m not 100% sure this is in the right place. Yesterday, I took my zcomp that I just received and mounted it to my trg22 that I recently installed a krg 6cm barrel on and zeroed it. While zeroing I had to adjust almost 14 mils from where the scope come set at to get the rifle zeroed. That still leaves me almost 22 mils available to come up with, but it seemed excessive. I think the zcomp has close to 36 mils of total elevation travel but I may be wrong. Does having to adjust 14 mils sound off to anyone else?

First of all thank you for you support. When we ship the scopes they are set so that our rotation indicator is down. We do this to protect it in packaging and transport. This is not optical center , what you are describing sounds perfectly normal. Please feel free to call us at 208 435 4000

Sounds like you don't have any inclination in your scope rail or mounts... So normal... This is why most of us run 6-9 mil mounts under our scopes to get some of that up travel back

It has a 20 moa rail on it right now

So 36/2= 18 mils - 6 mils(mount)= roughly 12 mils of down and 24 up to zero with. If you had to come up 2 mils to zero from there you would be left with 14 down and 22 up. Still normal.

If you did not have a 20 MOA base you would have about 17 mils up instead of the 22 mils you currently have .
20 MOA or roughly 5 Mils , Again this sounds about right and it is normal.
In general I recommend a 40 MOA base with our ZCO scopes. A one degree or 60 MOA base would be close to maximum

First of all thank you for you support. When we ship the scopes they are set so that our rotation indicator is down. We do this to protect it in packaging and transport. This is not optical center , what you are describing sounds perfectly normal. Please feel free to call us at 208 435 4000
Awesome thank you! The optic itself is fantastic I was just curious about the adjustment If it was off