• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV 200yd F-Class Sept. 20th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Our next FV F-Class match will be this Sunday, the 20th.

Registration begins at 10:00 AM.

Again, our matches are designed to introduce the new and "not so new" shooters to the F-Class format. We enjoyed 4 new folks at the last match...in fact, one of them took the Open class with his Savage in 6BR. Sheesh!!!
wink.gif
Well done Rob!

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Odessa FV 200yd F-Class Sept. 20th

Amazing what can come from a match that has no prizes and no awards.

I think it brings out the right people, and brings out the best in those people.

Excellence is its own reward, and the atmosphere these matches promote is the straightest path I can see to finding that excellence.

It is enough to find and nurture a good thing without taking it apart to see what makes it tick. It ticks. That is sufficient in and of itself.

Greg

The friendly, supportive atmosphere at Odessa is what makes the match, in my opinion. It's about the people you meet and in sharing in a common interest. There are no rifle snobs at Odessa, just good folks.

I'm in. See you all Sunday.

If my score stays high, then the sun spots are in the right quantity and locations on the surface of the sun. If my score drops, then it will be due to magnetic anomalies in the earth’s core.

rumor has it that a guy is coming up from West Virginia to shoot at odessa on sunday. i think there may be a try at the 200 score
matter of fact, more than one person may take a stab at the magical 200
JDAsr and JDAjr will be in attendance

I'll be there! It truely is a great time.

Some house projects have prevented me from practicing as much as I would have liked since the last match, so we'll see if I can make a repeat of the last match!

I might try to get some handloads together for testing on Sat, but I doubt I'll have any ready for Sunday but we'll see how testing goes.

Damn, won't be able to make it guys, but I just got a new single stage press and a better seating die so my groups should tighten up a little bit. I haven't been shooting in weeks and I'm feening bad lol.

STP- any idea when Oct, Nov, and Dec matches will be? that way I can make sure I don't have to work on those days and hope that they aren't drill weekends.

rero360,

We shoot twice each month...

The first match is <span style="font-style: italic">always </span> the 1st Saturday of the month after our monthly club meeting, as some of us are already there with itchy trigger fingers.
whistle.gif

Then in order to garner those that cannot make a Saturday match, I schedule the second match of the month on a Sunday no more than 2 weeks afterwards.

I firgured that this kind of schedule gives two opportunities to shoot with us each month whether someone has a dedicated "honey-do day" during the weekends.

So, the only day that "floats" is the Sunday date...which I announce just as I do for the first month`s match...on a Saturday.

I expect that we will shoot all the way into December. The exception of course would be if we are all hip-deep in that white stuff that predominates our NE region that time of year.

I`m expecting (hoping) that since we had summer weather that lasted a mere 2 weeks, that we won`t have much of a winter either. At least until the odd Nor`Easter blows in after January.

HTH?

Scott

Yeah, well, y'all keep believin' that.

Meanwhile, I'm already making my plans and preliminaries for my departure to Orlando later this year, preferably after the December meeting and my long awaited/deserved replacement as El Presidente.

It's been great, but it's somebody else's turn now. A decade, on and off, is enough. The two preceding Presidents died in office. Not me.

Greg