• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

F T/R Competition Odessa FV200yd F-Class Sunday May 22nd

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Our next match will be Sunday the 22nd. Registration begins at 10:00 AM. Match fee is still $10

Seeing as how the rain has returned, plan on the same sloshy wet trek out to set targets as we did last time.

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Odessa FV200yd F-Class Sunday May 22nd

My 65th birthday. Wanting to show, but nobody's talking about family plans for the day.

Getting info out of the family is like pulling teeth. They have plans for my day after all, but beyond that, they're not talking.

I think the wise course is to skip this match and do the next one.

I've spent an inordinate amount of the first 65 years of my life volunteering on behalf of outside interests. I've come to realize this was accomplished at the price of stealing far too much of my own time and attention from my family.

From now on; when the family talks, I listen. I'm just glad I woke up in time to do something about this.

Greg

I should be able to make this one. Maybe Scott will give a repeat performance since I missed the last one?

Alan and myself plan on being there.

and the "Terminator" will make another appearance.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: supersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alan and myself plan on being there.

and the "Terminator" will make another appearance.
smile.gif
</div></div>

I was glad I could help in the naming of your rig. You should post some pics for everyone to see.

Scotty,
You know you are running this match the same day as Springwaters?
That doesn't help with the turnout for either club.

Pics but from late summer 2009. Sorry guys. I follow the threads but haven't been back around home enough on the right times to make another shoot.

IMG00049-20091003-1222.jpg

IMG00047-20091003-1032.jpg

Tom;

The Odessa schedule has been running for several years now, and is very predictable. First Saturday (follows the monthly Club meeting), and Sunday two W/E later, to accomodate folks who work on Saturdays. I haven't managed to make a Springwater match yet, since as you say, their matches often fall on our schedule dates.

The only Springwater conflict is this month due to Memorial Day Weekend. Other than that they chose the last Sunday of every month in order not to conflict with any Odessa matches.

That's very good news, because I am long overdue to check them out.

Yes Sir! Gives NYS shooters three weekends a month to get out and have fun.

How can you beat Odessa where Scotty will loan ya rifle and ammo to get started.

I'll miss both events this weekend, I'm swinging steel (Japanese sword) all weekend. See you all next time, Jim's got a new Savage and will be real trouble for us all this year.

STP: He got the Savage 12F/TR, and he is rocking that thing like crazy with FGMM. Wait till he gets geared up with handloads. Last match he was leading at the end of the 1st relay. Then...second relay he dropped a few.

I think Kevin said at the end of the first relay, "Its his to win, he has only himself to beat"

Scott, Greg, Clint and everyone.

Man, you guys are killing me! I've been home a couple times but scheduling, honey-do lists, 20th anniversary stuff, motorcycle road-tip to Florida & back and one funeral have kept me away from Odessa.

I got word the otherday from Mike Bush that my Infidel will be done anytime and ready for delivery. So with a little luck & hope along with fingers crossed the next time I am home I'll be over to sling some lead. maybe I'll talk my wife into joining for some trigger time too.

Take care guys, be careful and shoot straight!

Todd

In the first pic above, who is on target 2 between JdaSr and Dan McCoy?

Thanks for posting those up Todd.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom;

The Odessa schedule has been running for several years now, and is very predictable. First Saturday (follows the monthly Club meeting), and Sunday two W/E later, to accomodate folks who work on Saturdays. I haven't managed to make a Springwater match yet, since as you say, their matches often fall on our schedule dates.</div></div>

Greg, As usual you are sticking your nose in someone elses business. My post says "Scotty" not Greg. Springwater put their schedule up on April 6th, Scotty put our first match notice up on April 23rd. I mentioned it to Scotty in case he didn't realize it.
A bunch of us like to shoot both matches so I was hoping to head off any scheduling conflics.

Looks like everyone had a good shoot, sorry I missed it.

Happy Birthday Greg.

As usual, I apologize for my transgression. Scotty and I had already discussed the matter before your reminder. He's been aware of the Springwater schedule for quite some time. But thanks anyway for the heads up, Tom.

Celia took me to see <span style="font-style: italic">Pirates</span> at The Glen Theater, and we stopped in at Gerlando's for a bite after. Waiting in ambush were a dozen family and friends eagerly conspiring to help me get older. Celia had hatched this stealth assault right under my nose. As usual, I had not a clue. I can't remember a more pleasant birthday.

...Of course, it's getting so I can't remember more and more things lately...

Congrats to all who braved the daily monsoon.

Greg