• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Odessa FV250yd F-Class Dec. 1st

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Our next match will be this Saturday. Registration at 10:00 AM.

No snow on the ground and above freezing temps...what could be better?
wink.gif

Regards,

Scott

Re: Odessa FV250yd F-Class Dec. 1st

Yes--come on out and shoot...If an old fart like myself can do it we all can...So come on over and have some fun...Hope to see a lot of you there....John

Ahh this is tempting,, I've got meat in the freezer now I'll just have to run down and count my bullets, I should have enough for the match.
Allen if you see this please give me a call at home, I can't find my cell phone that your number is stored on. Thanks

Dan

well there is a little snow on the ground....enough to track the turkeys that were in there yesterday.....

Here are today`s results:

Bench F-T/R

1. John P. 192-16V 308Win
2. Todd P. 158-4V 223Rem

John unscrewed the 22-250 barrel off his SA Savage and installed a new 308Win bull barrel for this match. Well done!
grin.gif

Regards,

Scott

Thanks Scott...And even thought there were only two of us there we had a great time...And it is greatly appreciated that you had the shoot anyway....

I was hopeing Dan was going to show as well...It wasn't that cold...Not like setting in a tree stand for hours on end waiting for a deer...lol......You guys get to get tougher and come on out....We need your support.....Thanks again Scott...John

guess we aint shootin today? well it's suppose to rain anyway...wish you all a very merry Christmas....

I had some hopes myself, but once the weather reports got reliable (and bad), disappointment was my only option.

This year, my stars have consistently refused to align favorably for my match participation. I think it's been since August that I've been actually able to shoot in one of our matches. There has either been a must-go family function, or my Grandkids have wanted to compete (which makes my coaching role preempt my own competing. I need to give them more/better training so they can do this on their own).

If it's not to be until the coming Spring, so be it; but I'm getting antsy, and rusty, all at the same time.

Greg

If I get my new build done in time for the first saturday of the month,I would like to try it out..If it isn't too cold out and more shooters show up...

Making a heavy barrel 223 from stevens 200 action..Everything,new trigger,barrel,stock,etc...So lets pray for a warm day.At least in the 40's.....

I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful
new year....John

I'm tailing back for the Winter. I should be back at it by mid-Spring. Winter is my building season for rubber powered free flight models.

Greg

Looks like we are going into a deep freeze for awhile now..I was hoping to do some shooting on christmas day myself..Oh well....You all have a great Christmas....John

John,

In the last 20 years at Odessa, I have been there for every "major" holiday to try <span style="font-style: italic">something </span> as I was properly motivated and knew that I would have the range to myself...and typically enjoyed the solitude.

Lately, I have little tolerance for the colder temps...especially when I factor in the wind chill.

My 2002 Remington 700 .308Win now resides in the same stock as my 6BR, 6BRX, and .243 Winchester Savages do. I`m raring to go, but it` got to be a bit warmer for me to commit to a range session.
wink.gif

Regards,

Scott

Me to Scott......And a very Merry Christmas to you all and a safe new year.....Building this new 223 from the stevens action....I was hoping to try it out,but like you said it is to damn cold and windy to shoot and enjoy one's self....Need to start the stove up and shoot out the back window..ha ha ha...Have a good one...John

Very Merry Christmas to you, Scotty, and all my other participant/companions. Thank you all for helping make this past season my most enjoyable.

When things get this cold, I have no hesitations about throwing in the towels, and respect all others with similar preferences. To better days, may their arrivals be prompt.

Greg

Hey folks, When is your next match? Hunting season is over and racing is still aways off. Yes, I'm bored!!

with this snow coming you will be lucky to get in by spring..lol I was down there shootin Monday..No one there but me..Scott stoped in to say hello...It's too cold not to have any fun shootin....John

This morning, a foot of snow in the drive. We got about the median of what was forecast. Took about an hour with the snow blower to get things sorted out.

Greg

I thpught someone was going to plow the range...No one there as of this morning....oh well...A pair of hip boots will work.lol

Having a brain fade, gents. Is this coming Saturday meeting day? 9am?

as far as I know it is....Haven't heard any different..A lot of snow in there as of a day or so ago...9 oclock is correct

If I have enough extra ammo after todays testing at the range I might come over. It's been a few years since shooting with Scott and Greg. I have a match to go to Sunday night and leave to go back to Afghanistan on Monday so time is TIGHT and ammo selection for me right now is also a challenge!!!

Just a notice to the Odessa members..Due's are due and new keys so if you aint got a new key you aint gonna get it....I told you so here...

Gentlemen, Do you have the schedule for 2013? Ammos loaded and the rifle is cleaned, and hunting season is over!! Have you heard anything from the guys from Wayne?

I have just been reading the thread I am just north of you guys in the Northern Finger Lakes Region and I have some questions about joining the club and some other inquires does someone have a number or email that I can send questions to. If you do not want to post please PM the information to me . TY

been down shooting a few times.NEVER see any one else there..Don't forget you need to come to the meeting to get your new key and pay your dues...Stay warm guys...John

Maybe be shooting in April...Lord I hope so....I would like to see more people show up..Come on out and give it a try...Any rifle will do for now...You need at least 50 rounds to play....Hope to see you there...John

I didn't have my key until this Saturday, missed the January meeting.

I have several new rifles to get sorted/sighted, and my Grandkids' Zombie Apocalypse training cycle with the new (is 1934 really new?) Mosin-Nagant 91/30's is upcoming. I'd really rather think these things might go better with somewhat milder weather.

Greg

We're all here, waiting for Spring. Nowadays, even if there's a thaw, everything turns to mud. Be patient.