• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Odin works 5.56 Brimstone QD

minn_wild1

Pirate
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Anyone have any experiencer with this can? Not much for reviews online. One by Guns America, but it's not very helpful. Does it lock up well? How does it compare sound wise to other 5.56 cans? Any info would be helpful. Not for precision rifle work, but for plinking with an AR. Thanks.

I have never heard of them, I doubt that others have heard of them. I would get something from a known good company. There’s so many known goods that meter using the proper techniques and sound meter, that have been around a long time, and are in it for the long haul.

No experience with the Brimstone, but I have shot Odin Works' Baja (threadmount version of the Brimstone). It’s built like a brick poophouse. Instead of a tube with a weaker threaded joint, they start with barstock and bore the whole freakin’ thing out of one chunk of metal. Tons of waste metal and tool wear that gives you a stronger product. 😅

I sound metered the threadmount Odin can with a YHM TurboK as a control/comparison a while back and it sounded plenty good, dBs in the right ballpark that a can that size should blow on a 2209 meter.

Reactions: minn_wild1
No experience with the Brimstone, but I have shot Odin Works' Baja (threadmount version of the Brimstone). It’s built like a brick poophouse. Instead of a tube with a weaker threaded joint, they start with barstock and bore the whole freakin’ thing out of one chunk of metal. Tons of waste metal and tool wear that gives you a stronger product. 😅

I sound metered the threadmount Odin can with a YHM TurboK as a control/comparison a while back and it sounded plenty good, dBs in the right ballpark that a can that size should blow on a 2209 meter.
Thanks for the reply. I had a chance to get hands on the brimstone with QD mount. It seems very well put together. I went ahead and bought it. Now the wait.... My dealer said I can come give it a try though.

I've shot both the QD and spin on ones and both worked as advertised. Take this with a grain of salt though, because I don't have a lot of supressor experience and had no means to do a sound test. I do know the owner Tom had experience with building supressors before he started Odinworks. I'd guess he worked at Gemtech, but I'm not exactly sure who he worked for.

Reactions: minn_wild1