• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Oehler 35P dip switch settings

95LTZ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2003
Ft. Pierce, Fl
Does anybody happen to know the dip switch settings for the 24" spacing? The 48" settings are the #3 & #7 "on" but I need the 24" settings. Thank you
Semper Fi

Re: Oehler 35P dip switch settings

I was able to find my paper with the settings that I needed.

Oehler says a minimum spacing of one foot is allowed but a minimum spacing of two feet is recommended. Spacing of 4 ft for high velocity rifles is best.
--one foot settings
sw1 on--sw2 off --sw3 off--sw4 off--sw5 off
________
2 foot spacing
sw1 off--sw2 on--sw3 off--sw 4 off--sw5 off
_________
3 foot setting
sw1 on--sw 2 on--sw 3 off--sw 4 off--sw 5 off
_________
4 foot setting
sw 1 off--sw 2 off--sw 3 on--sw 4 off--sw 5 off
______
5 ft
s1 on--sw2 off--sw3 on--sw4 off--sw5 off
_________
6 ft spacing
sw1 off--sw2 on--sw3 on--sw4 off--sw5 off
There are settings from 1 to 15 feet listed. Turning switch 5 ON multiplies the screen spacing setting by 10, or causes the displayed velocity to be multiplied by 10. Switch 6 controls the edit mode. If switch 6 is ON the edit mode or replay is available. The unit will store up to 20 shots and be replayed and individual shots can be omitted. Switch 6 OFF and you can fire and summerize up to 255 shots. The unit is shipped with sw6 OFF.
Switch 7 is normally ON if you have a printer. No printer, leave 7 off.
Don't know that you can set your screens at 18" and get an accurate reading. I'd use 2 feet if you could. This info is from Oehlers manual 1991 version and my 1991 35P has dip switches in the battery compartment next to the battery. They may have changed the unit over the years to another method of calibrating your screen spacing??
Thanks

I think I can dig up the booklet on my 35P and scan it for you. If you want it I can email you a copy in .pdf

Let me know.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 95LTZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for the offer. Yes, please send to [email protected]
Semper Fi </div></div>

check your email.

Keith