• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oehler 35P vs CED M2 Field Test Results

mtn grizzly

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2011
I know that there have been several requests lately for Chronograph accuracy and repeatability information - so here are the results from my latest field test.

The CED M2 was placed 12 feet from the muzzle and the Oehler 35P was placed directly behind the CED (within an inch) Time of day was 2PM. Velocity was 2850. 10 rounds were fired from a favorite 6.5 X 47L load that had a known velocity and an extremely low SD and ES.

After half of the shots had been clocked we began to laugh at how close the results were. The end result was that the CED M2 clocked 9 of the 10 rounds at exactly 7 fps faster than the 35P and 1 round 6 fps faster. " Keep in mind that the CED's front screen was roughly 2 feet in front of the 35P - so velocities would be a hair faster. I found this test to be unbelievably favorable to both units.

Re: Oehler 35P vs CED M2 Field Test Results

mtn griz, did the CED M2 have standard or infra red sky screens?

I have both for my CED M2 and I've found the infra red screens to work spot on in all sun light conditions were as the standard screens are much more picky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtn grizzly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found this test to be unbelievably favorable to both units.</div></div>

Well, at least to the one that costs less!

I have a CED M2 and was thinking about buying a 35P now that they are making them again. But if the values are so close, why bother?

It is pretty amazing how close they are. The SD's are pretty dead nutz the same no matter which unit you use.

Have you played with JBM to find out if these equate to the same MV?

very interesting!

No I didn't The numbers were so blasted close that I just wrapped it up!