• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Of Leupy M3 turrets and Mils.

earthquake

Area Man
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2009
    USA
    Been searching around reading former posts here. I saw one guy that sold a Mark IV M3 with a 175 gr. BDC turret elevation knob. Where does one get those? I have the one indexed for 168's. I'm switching to 175's so thought I'd try it out.

Or...should I wait until the Mil adjustment knobs come out...if ever?

Re: Of Leupy M3 turrets and Mils.

If Leupold's custom shop can't do it for you, Kenton Industries makes custom, laser-engraved for standard ammunition and custom ammunition based on your data. Plus, they offer multiple display modes depending on how you use the scope.

They come with the scope.

I just sold a set of three which came with one I had which burned up in a fire.

Leupold can probably sell them to you.

I'd recommend that you save your money.

Memorize your dope in 100 yard increments from 200 to 600 yards. That dope is not going to change with conditions, unless you're shooting above 10,000 feet in altitude, and then it's not going to change very much.

That's 5 numbers, and only two of them have two digits.

Your dope from 700 to 1000 yards may change with conditions. Take those 4 numbers for the conditions you usually shoot in, write them on a small piece of paper, and tape them inside your rear scope cap, on the stock of the rifle, or somewhere else readily available when you're shooting.

Now you have the same information one of those turrets will have on it, and you've saved the money. Better still, you've memorized the ones you'll really need in a hurry, so you don't have to look them up.

If your scope has a mil reticle do this: Figure out your holdovers out to 600 yards from a hundred yard zero. Never dial at those distances. Hold using the reticle. Much faster.

If you don't know how to figure those holds, see Calculating Holdovers and Holdunders.

Yup, thanks Lindy. That's what I plan on doing now...if I ever get around to developing a load for myself. I have 7 lbs. of Varget, 400 175 SMK's and 350 168 SMK's. It should be a good summer!