• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Off-brand ARCA Plates?

tsu45

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2011
There are a ton of these on Amazon. Anyone have a favorite one they go with? Just looking at the plates with 1/4 or 3/8 mounting screws.

I made some. Pretty easy overall. $18 for an ARCA clamp on Amazon. Mine are CNC machined and cerakoted, but a buddy used gaff tape and a chunk of aluminum plate he had laying around until I could finish the engraving on his. Performed exactly the same.

If you're handy with a hacksaw, drill, and a file, I say to go for it yourself!

I made some. Pretty easy overall. $18 for an ARCA clamp on Amazon. Mine are CNC machined and cerakoted, but a buddy used gaff tape and a chunk of aluminum plate he had laying around until I could finish the engraving on his. Performed exactly the same.

If you're handy with a hacksaw, drill, and a file, I say to go for it yourself!

I think OP is referring to the type you'd mount a spotter, camera, etc to - not the "gamer plate" type setups.

I think OP is referring to the type you'd mount a spotter, camera, etc to - not the "gamer plate" type setups.
Hah! Yeah, I think you might be right. I was texting a buddy about the gamer plates and had them on the brain!

I also make a tripod plate, but the advise applies the same. In fact, the ARCA clamp comes with a mount that is un-used in my gamer plates. I've repurposed them for the tripod plate mount.

I made mine 4x7" with several 1/4-20 threaded holes. I'll see if I can find a picture of it somewhere.

I added the hooks for timers, kestrels, and the various squad accoutrements that seem to collect on the tripod during a match.

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 51
I have several of the Desmond brand Arca plates. They work great for the price. I used Mlok hardware and attached one to the forend of my coyote hunting AR so I can attach it to my tripod