• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Off road madness

Well I never raced quads but do watch them, they rip. I am sticking with bikes for the racing though its more for the exercise and I already ride a lot so this is just a new flavor of event for me.

Is that you riding that Jerry? or a clip?
That looks fun, exciting and a Fning rush all around, however, for me it is on the Flat Track as on a mile track where you are in a full lock slide and out in the marbles around 90-100 mph WFO and in there a little too hot where you find yourself on the edge and can't decide if you should back off a bit and risk a high side or try to put more tire into it and hope for a drive back towards the inside of the track? FM

Reactions: ArmyJerry
not me, I am in a faster class but don't have a go pro, will have some video of my class this time next week though, its exhilarating as long as you can stay on the trail. Just repaired my new bike from last weeks break in ride, The power of the bike flipped me off trak into heavy woods, managed to avoid the big trees but had a spear of a branch hit my mx boot and deflect into one side of the bike and out the other through the air intake system, took me half of yesterday to put all the new air boots and refit the carb. Last month I was up in North texas racing on my 500, that bike is too powerful so I got this 300, ts the perfect machine.

Well I never raced quads but do watch them, they rip. I am sticking with bikes for the racing though its more for the exercise and I already ride a lot so this is just a new flavor of event for me.

There's a lot of legwork staying attached to the vehicle, the upper body gets a bit of exercise, too, while applying the necessary force to keep the thing going in the direction you want it to. No power steering or stabilizers, so every change in terrain is felt in the handles. Torso gets a lot of action on the steep inclines since you have to lean to keep from flipping over. Doing all that while drinking a beer makes it even better.

I just let off the gas a second or so before any ruts < half the diameter of the tires. Bigger ones require some manipulation so sometimes the brakes get involved. It's pretty easy to roll one on the right terrain. Mainly where I ride, it's washouts and deep ruts on steep hills that I'm concerned with. On the slick clay in East Tx, one of the biggest thrills is controlled sliding up a wet, steep, clay hill with washouts that are ~3 feet deep on the side you're sliding toward.

The kind where if you just parked your quad right there, it'd slide down all by itself and be a bit of a bitch to get out.

That's also a lot of fun in a Jeep. Slightly easier in some spots since bigger wheel base, but a deep washout will fuck most anything up, lockers or not.

WOW Jerry, we actually agree on something! The 300 is badass! I sold a 2012 300 XC-w recently, with 300 hrs on it.

Here’s our local spot. The camera does no justice for the steepness, narrowness, or the size of the obstacles.

Back in the day I raced local hare scrambles on a 4 wheeler/quad.
Thought I needed more hp and bought a Honda 250R.
When it came on pipe the woods got alot tighter lol.

R

Awesome videos. Aside from the bikes, does anyone here do off-road driving using trucks? I just bought a set of toyo tires for my truck and will test it out this weekend.

Last edited:
I had a 2005 EXC 250 two stroke, and a XR650R with cams and pipe work. I miss them both.... I have three kids now and riding is over hour away..... someday soon....

Here I am riding a GNCC. Give me some slack on the weak riding as that's the best I can do lol. The editing is pretty rough and the music sucks but since Army Jerry asked if any of us did stuff like TORCS I did race alot of GNCC and local Harescrambles although not real fast. Still get on my bikes and rip singletrack with my brother from time to time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: jrassy and Bender
You aren't kidding about getting in shape. I raced a bunch for two seasons straight and got absolutely fucking ripped without doing a thing other than trying to eat as much calories as possible. I came out of the first season 20 lbs under my normal weight and I literally couldn't eat enough to keep weight on. Second full season I ended up resorting to lots of shakes and shit ontop of meals so I wouldn't lose weight as I'm a scrawny little fucker compared to 90% of the guys out there and I didn't have weight to lose in the first place.

That is awesome. You are a beast. 189 bpm is up there. How old are you Jerry. If memory serves me correctly you aren't a pup anymore.

oh cmon now guys, the bike is doing all the work, zero exercise. j/k, trail riding is serious bizness and a ton of fun. about the only thing i do that completely clears my mind of EVERYTHING, as all i'm worrying about is hanging on for dear life, and of course having a blast.

I miss the 250 EXC, blasting a single track in the woods on the pipe in third gear, smashing branches with the bark-busters, feathering the clutch to keep momentum up a rock strewn hill with just enough room to fit the cut-down handle bars through......

Shit..... I miss my bike....

Riding is better than sex. When someone says wanna go riding I be like.......

1519010181960.gif

Reactions: Bender
Yeah. I will, when I quit blowing $$ on my guns! I want an Estart 300exc. Best. Woods. Bike. Ever.....

My reccomendstion for getting in shape off-road riding is to not wait until you are "in shape enough to race", but just start racing and you'll get in shape 20x faster than recreational riding with your bros. Maybe start out doing Gp races for the first half Or 1/4 Of the season till your pump goes away then get into local hare scrambles and grind through those until they are fun LOL.

Reactions: Bender