• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Offhand stages

I actually like off hand stages.
Probably because before PRS type matches came to my range I shot years of Silhouette matches.
Me and my 12 pound gun make up some ground there against the belly floppers and thier 25 pounders. :)

Granted I'm not as strong as I was. Trying to hold a 17+ pound rifle up to shoot off hand is really tough, and my opinion is that we shouldn't be asked to do it. Kneeling, sitting, prone, fine.

Might as well make 100% of the match stages prone then......

These matches need to be a challenge to the shooter or it would be boring, does the match or match director require you to tote a 17+ pound rifle? My rifle is 20+ pounds its my choice, that weight is a benefit for some statges and a detriment on others. I do not consider myself to be a great PRS shooter and I am absolutely terrible at offhand shooting, but I still enjoy it. My opinion is that every match should have an offhand stage. Kneeling, sitting, prone are pretty useless if the vegetation is very tall.