• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Officer caught moonlighting while on duty

Go to any department and ask how many unsolved property crime or person crime cases they have, now ask how many police they have on traffic or just toodling around on “patrol”

Most departments now will just “that’s a civil matter” most all property crime calls anyways.

And person crime cases, unless there’s a dead body or the perp sticks around and confesses, they’ll just fire off a useless report and go back to sitting in their air conditioned car.

One of the most hero worshipped and overrated professions in existence
It’s obvious you have a personal dislike for LE. That’s cool. Many do. It’s also very obvious your opinions are based your dislike and a lot of what you say (like the included) is factually incorrect. Do your thing. Wish you the best.

Ive seen you make the “civil claim” a bunch. Would you agree there are circumstances such as domestic/family disputes, or disputes between business partners, where the matter is actually a civil and not criminal matter? Situations where ownership is in dispute?

Sure

There are also times that the chronic late employee actually had a valid excuse, thing about the broken clock being right twice a day and all.

Personally I had a cut and dry felony larceny case “that’s a civil matter”ed

Place I worked was once broken into, had full security cameras, north of 20k worth of serialized specialized equipment stolen, got a report and that was it.

Seems unless you have a friend/family in the department or are connected, calling 911 for most of anything is a waste of time.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
It’s obvious you have a personal dislike for LE. That’s cool. Many do. It’s also very obvious your opinions are based your dislike and a lot of what you say (like the included) is factually incorrect. Do your thing. Wish you the best.

Interesting!

As I’m not a paid marketing person, obviously my opinion is MY opinion..yeah I have a personal dislike for police, I sure hope you’re not a detective with that level of logic lol

So what did I say that was incorrect?

hahaha, deflect away because he's right and you can't stand that.

you may be part of the issue that has infested police dpts across the land and that is no real accountability?

Sure

There are also times that the chronic late employee actually had a valid excuse, thing about the broken clock being right twice a day and all.

Place I worked was once broken into, had full security cameras, north of 20k worth of serialized specialized equipment stolen, got a report and that was it.

Seems unless you have a friend/family in the department or are connected, calling 911 for most of anything is a waste of time.
Thanks for answering. Now can you also agree that your personal experience isnt indicative of how all departments nationwide treat grand theft cases?

I hooked a serial burgler with a trunk full of 80% guns(completed firearms), and 10’s of thousands of dollars of power tools and equip. He claimed all the tools were his, and also claimed the guns weren't his, and he didn't know they were there. Guns couldnt be run for stolen because they had no numbers, and not a single tool had been reported stolen(subsequent checks revealed the same even weeks later). Booked him for the guns which he wasn't allowed to have, but not the tools. DA took dirt bag at his word on the guns and kicked him. Pissed me off as you could imagine, since this guy is a one man crime spree. I “heard” through a back channel he was flipped as an informant by an alphabet fed agency, who was probably alerted by the booking procedure. Still pisses me off. Totally out of my hands though, as I did what I was supposed to do.

edit: Forgot to add. A citizen had called the car in because they thought the driver was drunk. He was in fact driving like shit from the short time I followed him, but he didnt turn out to be impaired.

Last edited:
Crazy opinion: This cop sounds like he did a nice thing. Yeah, there are arguments about where he should be spending his time, but as long as there wasn't some major issue in progress, this probably does as much for the community as anything else. Also crazy opinion: the various law enforcement agencies are going to have good people and bad people, probably in the same ratio as plumbers and electricians. Judge people as individuals, not as groups.

So free pass because “just following orders”?

If my company started doing really messed up stuff, I’d quit and get gainfully employed with a company that had honor, or you share and dwell in their dishonor.
It’s not following orders, it’s following the law. If an arrest is made for a non-bookable offense, the jail will not accept that individual. Period. It’s also not the officer’s decision on who gets let out of jail. I assure you that if you were to talk to an officer and they spoke freely, you would find they are frustrated and feel as if they cannot do their jobs adequately. I know several of them.

There is plenty of honor in doing everything you can to serve the community. From grass cutting to the everyday occurrence of arresting rapists, murderers and child molesters, performing lifesaving measures on citizens, finding lost children, etc. The honor in those things and others far outweigh the skewed political views, rhetoric and criticisms of people who may not know the whole story. No, LE is not perfect. Even with all of the screening, it hires from the general public. The human race. It has its share of clowns that should find or be made to find other employment. Still, the vast majority are decent people. People.

Reactions: RRW and Anb618
hahaha, deflect away because he's right and you can't stand that.

you may be part of the issue that has infested police dpts across the land and that is no real accountability?
Ooooookaaaaayyyy

Sure

A quick Google shows 240 million 911 calls annually (657,534 per day if my math is correct). Be pretty impossible to sift through who’s connected to whom.

I will point out that he probably didn't explain to you why you are not to do those things.
LAWYERS!! She's liable for her sidewalk and keeping it clear. Someone slips, falls and then lawyers up. Guess who they name in the civil action? You, your department, the city, the county, the lady and her insurance company. Guess who has the deepest pockets and who ultimately pays? The city/county insurance or the taxpayers.
this one pisses me off i was a cop in iowa for 27 years and if it was slow which after a snow storm it was had a number of elderly people in my area limited income and iowa winters are a bitch id stop and shovel their drives and side walks. one time one of my captains saw me and chewed me out said i couldnt do it, the lady whose sidewalk came out and tore him a new asshole i fell in love with my first senior she actualy called the local news and they did a story on it made .an enemey out of the captain and after that id call out on my breaks and shovel . moral of story most supervisors are ass kissing idiots sorta explains in part how i was the post decorated and discplinened officer on the force. evil erik
It's no different than helping joe citizen change a tire. You are not a professional tire changer. You call someone who is. You direct traffic to keep the situation safe as possible.

Thanks for answering. Now can you also agree that your personal experience isnt indicative of how all departments nationwide treat grand theft cases?

I hooked a serial burgler with a trunk full of 80% guns(completed firearms), and 10’s of thousands of dollars of power tools and equip. He claimed all the tools were his, and also claimed the guns weren't his, and he didn't know they were there. Guns couldnt be run for stolen because they had no numbers, and not a single tool had been reported stolen(subsequent checks revealed the same even weeks later). Booked him for the guns which he wasn't allowed to have, but not the tools. DA took dirt bag at his word on the guns and kicked him. Pissed me off as you could imagine, since this guy is a one man crime spree. I “heard” through a back channel he was flipped as an informant by an alphabet fed agency, who was probably alerted by the booking procedure. Still pisses me off. Totally out of my hands though, as I did what I was supposed to do.

edit: Forgot to add. A citizen had called the car in because they thought the driver was drunk. He was in fact driving like shit from the short time I followed him, but he didnt turn out to be impaired.

So what did you book him for?

If nothing was reported stolen, I’d err on the side of proof vs some cops opinion

And please don’t tell me “gun crimes” on a pro 2A site 😂

• Haha
Reactions: ken226
It’s not following orders, it’s following the law. If an arrest is made for a non-bookable offense, the jail will not accept that individual. Period. It’s also not the officer’s decision on who gets let out of jail. I assure you that if you were to talk to an officer and they spoke freely, you would find they are frustrated and feel as if they cannot do their jobs adequately. I know several of them.

There is plenty of honor in doing everything you can to serve the community. From grass cutting to the everyday occurrence of arresting rapists, murderers and child molesters, performing lifesaving measures on citizens, finding lost children, etc. The honor in those things and others far outweigh the skewed political views, rhetoric and criticisms of people who may not know the whole story. No, LE is not perfect. Even with all of the screening, it hires from the general public. The human race. It has its share of clowns that should find or be made to find other employment. Still, the vast majority are decent people. People.

Working for a city/state etc that expects you to not honor the constitution, not really “protect”, your “service” is questionable.

If I was a cop, I worked for a department that took a hard line on “gun crimes” but didn’t give a fuck about lots of victim crimes, I’d quit, but I have a major disability called principle and honor

And this little gem
“It’s not following orders, it’s following the law”

Crazy opinion: This cop sounds like he did a nice thing. Yeah, there are arguments about where he should be spending his time, but as long as there wasn't some major issue in progress, this probably does as much for the community as anything else. Also crazy opinion: the various law enforcement agencies are going to have good people and bad people, probably in the same ratio as plumbers and electricians. Judge people as individuals, not as groups.
Those bad electricians and plumbers usually don't last long on the job. They catch hell for fucking stuff up or for not carrying their weight on the job. Almost every cop knows who the shitbird is and they get a pass.
Just a couple days ago a Knoxville officer was drunk at a wedding reception. He was making racist remarks to a black guy at the reception. The man asked him to stop several times and finally had enough and knocked him out. All the witnesses gave similar statements to the responding officers. Officer bigot racist was NOT questioned. They claimed that he was unconscious. I was quite impressed with the knock out power of this black guy. I wondered how long this racist was unconscious? Or why he wasn't questioned at the hospital. Or if Joe "civilian" would have the same opportunity as officer racist.

Working for a city/state etc that expects you to not honor the constitution, not really “protect”, your “service” is questionable.

If I was a cop, I worked for a department that took a hard line on “gun crimes” but didn’t give a fuck about lots of victim crimes, I’d quit, but I have a major disability called principle and honor

And this little gem
“It’s not following orders, it’s following the law”

Incorrect. Law enforcement officers take an oath to uphold and defend the constitution and their state constitution.

Those bad electricians and plumbers usually don't last long on the job. They catch hell for fucking stuff up or for not carrying their weight on the job. Almost every cop knows who the shitbird is and they get a pass.
Just a couple days ago a Knoxville officer was drunk at a wedding reception. He was making racist remarks to a black guy at the reception. The man asked him to stop several times and finally had enough and knocked him out. All the witnesses gave similar statements to the responding officers. Officer bigot racist was NOT questioned. They claimed that he was unconscious. I was quite impressed with the knock out power of this black guy. I wondered how long this racist was unconscious? Or why he wasn't questioned at the hospital. Or if Joe "civilian" would have the same opportunity as officer racist.
I'm sorry. You think he should have been questioned for making racist remarks? Pretty sure that is protected speech, even if it is disgusting. Did the guy who punched him get arrested? I hope not. I'd prefer to see the officer shitcanned, but I am not sure whether it is constitutional since his employer is restricted by the first amendment when electricians aren't. Honestly don't know.

This thread is exhibit A of why no matter what we do, someone will bitch. This guy probably cleared the lawn mowing detail and went to a call. Along the way, someone called him In for driving too fast. Then someone else called him in for not stopping the speeder that drove right by the cop going the other way. When he got to the call, he got bitched at for getting there too slowly. Then he might have had to kick someones ass after he got there, which drew cheers from across the street, while the mother of the dirtbag, who called the cops in the first place, curses him. Then each individual viewer relates their little piece of the puzzle to their family and friends for the next month.
Sounds like you need a job change....

Well there's this fact that the Knoxville PD requires certain things of their officers. Public drunkenness for one is a no no. And if you think for one second that Joe civilian would not be questioned after being involved in an assault investigation you are actually as stoooopid as I imagine you to be.
Another one? A local deputy crashed his POV while drunk. His buddies covered for him and took him home. He was removed from his patrol job for six months and placed on Jail duty during that time. After returning to patrol on the late shift he wrecked the patrol car while drinking on duty. Back to jail duty. Guess what? He was never given a field sobriety test or blood or breathalyzer. Never charged with either offense. Shitbird is still patrolling.
I'm sorry. You think he should have been questioned for making racist remarks? Pretty sure that is protected speech, even if it is disgusting. Did the guy who punched him get arrested? I hope not. I'd prefer to see the officer shitcanned, but I am not sure whether it is constitutional since his employer is restricted by the first amendment when electricians aren't. Honestly don't know.
I can give you a few more if you'd like. I know several officers on the local PD and Sheriff department and hear the bullshit.

Incorrect. Law enforcement officers take an oath to uphold and defend the constitution and their state constitution.
So? Why don't they than? What about that chode police chief that said he'd quit if he couldn't assist the Feds in unconstitutional gun confiscation. 'Guns are bad' is so ingrained in LE that he just assumes he'll be viewed as a hero.

I'm sure 90% of his department under him would "just follow orders" because 'muh pension', plus, most cops get butthurt around legally armed citizens.

Having said that, I'm extremely impressed any time there is a bolo put out on a vehicle and a cop spots it in high traffic areas in the next town. Being able to keep that hunger and edge is very impressive.
At the end of a shift I wouldn't think to recognize it if it ran into me.

Well there's this fact that the Knoxville PD requires certain things of their officers. Public drunkenness for one is a no no. And if you think for one second that Joe civilian would not be questioned after being involved in an assault investigation you are actually as stoooopid as I imagine you to be.
Another one? A local deputy crashed his POV while drunk. His buddies covered for him and took him home. He was removed from his patrol job for six months and placed on Jail duty during that time. After returning to patrol on the late shift he wrecked the patrol car while drinking on duty. Back to jail duty. Guess what? He was never given a field sobriety test or blood or breathalyzer. Never charged with either offense. Shitbird is still patrolling.

I can give you a few more if you'd like. I know several officers on the local PD and Sheriff department and hear the bullshit.
Your second is a better example, since it is actually illegal. Of course he should be fired, and probably incarcerated. And no, I have not known of people to be questioned for making racist comments and then getting their asses kicked.

Still not sure your point, though. Yes, there are bad police officers. Nobody ever disputes this. They probably get disparate treatment in a lot of circumstances. Neither of these facts is an indictment of every police officer, most police officers etc. Individuals are individuals, and they should be weeded out. Again, not sure why this is stupid or controversial.

So how are you protecting the US constitution, while conducting road blocks, or enforcing “gun control”
So? Why don't they than? What about that chode police chief that said he'd quit if he couldn't assist the Feds in unconstitutional gun confiscation. 'Guns are bad' is so ingrained in LE that he just assumes he'll be viewed as a hero.

I'm sure 90% of his department under him would "just follow orders" because 'muh pension', plus, most cops get butthurt around legally armed citizens.

Having said that, I'm extremely impressed any time there is a bolo put out on a vehicle and a cop spots it in high traffic areas in the next town. Being able to keep that hunger and edge is very impressive.
At the end of a shift I wouldn't think to recognize it if it ran into me.
I appreciate everything you’ve said, but a some of it is based on opinion, not fact. If I’m not mistaken, that chief did quit.

Most cops aren’t “butthurt” due to legally armed citizens. I think most of them highly support responsible, legally armed citizens and understand those are the ones who support LE for the large part. You tend to find them all hanging out in the same places, including shooting comps.

I criticize LE when needed and understand why it’s necessary at times. I just try and keep it balanced. Thanks for the discussion.

Okay, a question for all the leo here. Public drunkenness? Crime or not?
Your second is a better example, since it is actually illegal. Of course he should be fired, and probably incarcerated. And no, I have not known of people to be questioned for making racist comments and then getting their asses kicked.

Still not sure your point, though. Yes, there are bad police officers. Nobody ever disputes this. They probably get disparate treatment in a lot of circumstances. Neither of these facts is an indictment of every police officer, most police officers etc. Individuals are individuals, and they should be weeded out. Again, not sure why this is stupid or controversial.
Yep, as fucking stoopid as I thought.
They usually add in disturbing the peace and probably a couple others for good measure.

Here's a good one of a local cop. He was pulling over women at night and giving them the opportunity to avoid charges by performing sexually. He finally fucked up and pulled over a previous encounter. She had a male friend with her. He told the guy to start walking and took her to a secluded place. Dumbass didn't turn off his body cam and if it hadn't been for her friend that shit would still be "patrolling". I was told that there were " rumors".

I appreciate everything you’ve said, but a some of it is based on opinion, not fact. If I’m not mistaken, that chief did quit.

Most cops aren’t “butthurt” due to legally armed citizens. I think most of them highly support responsible, legally armed citizens and understand those are the ones who support LE for the large part. You tend to find them all hanging out in the same places, including shooting comps.

I criticize LE when needed and understand why it’s necessary at times. I just try and keep it balanced. Thanks for the discussion.

I said this one here before, show me ONE video of a cop cuffing and stuffing another cop into a cop car for shutting down a business during covid, or arresting another cop who infringes on someone’s gun right or 4A rights. Lots of cop videos, never seen that one.

The guy mowing the lawn, if he was sincere and a thinker, should have just done it off the clock in jeans and a normal t shirt, it wouldn’t surprise me if he claimed a back injury shortly after, or his run for chief/sheriff etc

So what did you book him for?

If nothing was reported stolen, I’d err on the side of proof vs some cops opinion

And please don’t tell me “gun crimes” on a pro 2A site 😂
Lol at people that think cops won’t enforce gin bans.

they already do

Reactions: TurboTrout
Cop messed up. Should have done a wellness check then drove around the neighborhood found a couple of kids and paid them $20 to mow the old ladies lawn
Just sayin
Lol good luck

Mommy gives little Johnny enough money so he doesn’t work and gets into herion instead

Reactions: Supersubes
Sounds like you need a job change....
C5341A6D-14E8-44DF-96B4-F97A14BEF389.jpeg

I get it man I do.....but on the flip side, imagine you just had your house broken into, or your kid is missing, and you turn on the news and you see cops playing basketball or mowing lawns.....how much faith is that going to Instill in the police?

Frankly I don't think police ( or any state agency) should be filling the roll of family, the church, or neighbors to do community service

That’s your take away from it? LOL.

I’m sure the cop would have stopped and went to the call for any one of those examples you mentioned. Or is he supposed to be a psychic and be sitting on location for one of those crimes to occur.

If he wants to help some old lady out by mowing her lawn in between calls, then good on him.

Reactions: Familydude
That’s your take away from it? LOL.

I’m sure the cop would have stopped and went to the call for any one of those examples you mentioned. Or is he supposed to be a psychic and be sitting on location for one of those crimes to occur.

If he wants to help some old lady out by mowing her lawn in between calls, then good on him.
you guys keep assuming that im talking about a crime in progress...and not an ongoing investigation...

as i said before, when theyve solved all the unsolved crimes in RI, then we can talk.

hell, i dont even have a problem with it so long as they arent spending tax payer funds to do it....if they want to volunteer in their off time, all power to them.....hell, you can even accept donations and pay your officers from that donation pool, ide support that, hell, ide even donate to that.

Reactions: deersniper
you guys keep assuming that im talking about a crime in progress...and not an ongoing investigation...

as i said before, when theyve solved all the unsolved crimes in RI, then we can talk.

hell, i dont even have a problem with it so long as they arent spending tax payer funds to do it....if they want to volunteer in their off time, all power to them.....hell, you can even accept donations and pay your officers from that donation pool, ide support that, hell, ide even donate to that.

Some people just need to have something to complain about.

I would invite some of you to request a Ride Along with your local city PD or Sheriff's Office.
Most times the POC will be the Community Relations or Public Relations office.
Most will accommodate.

Lots of assumptions being thrown out in this thread.
Having a first hand opportunity to spend a few hours on a shift and talk candidly to your host officer as a real person costs nothing but some of your time and an open mind.

I guarantee that you will either solidify your preconceived beliefs or you could possibly change your opinions.
Either way you will then be able to have an opinion based on first hand experience rather than stewing in your own very limited and self contained reality.

./

none of this should be allowed imho
2 officers serving a warrant for arrest to a supposedly non violent pedo offender.
Both officers get shot up on the front porch by person listed on the warrant who has a rifle.
1st officer bleeds out in the first 120 seconds.
2nd officer has 3 holes in him but can't move or get up.
Both call for assistance.

Nobody can tell if first officer is alive or not but assumes alive and critical.
Condition of 2nd officer is deteriorating quickly
No responding officers can approach the house to retrieve or assist either officer due to taking fire.

The local agency or a neighboring sister agency that has a BearCat or similar responds and is able to run the vehicle up to the front of the house and cover for retrieval, keep the shooter contained and then back off until complete response team can arrive and setup.

Variations of this exact theme happen a dozen times or more across the country every year.
The number of SWAT level interactions between police and public each year is staggering.
The data would make you shit.
You have no clue how many assholes out of 330 million people go on a rampage every year, just lose their little minds and try to kill everybody around them.

Hundreds if not thousands of other armored deployments are made each year to evacuate innocent bystanders from hot scenes, shield innocent citizens that can't be moved, allow officers to approach and communicate with armed offenders,. . . . . and the list goes on.

I think every local agency should have access to at least one armored vehicle.
If needed, nothing else can substitute when time is critical.

So I respectfully have a different opinion than you regarding "this" being allowed.

That being said, if any level of our government starts misusing this or any other heavy equipment to violate any part of our Constitution I will be right there with you to take that shit away from them or fuck it up enough to neuter it.

./

Last edited:
2 officers serving a warrant for arrest to a supposedly non violent pedo offender.
Both officers get shot up on the front porch by person listed on the warrant who has a rifle.

Nobody can tell if first officer is alive or not but assumes alive and critical.
No responding officers can approach the house to retrieve or assist either officer due to taking fire.

The local agency or a neighboring sister agency that has a BearCat or similar responds and is able to run the vehicle up to the front of the house and cover for retrieval, keep the shooter contained and then back off until complete response team can arrive and setup.

Variations of this exact theme happen a dozen times or more across the country every year.
The number of SWAT level interactions between police and public each year is staggering.
You have no clue how many assholes out of 330 million people go on a rampage every year, just lose their little minds and try to kill everybody around them.

Hundreds if not thousands of other armored deployments are made each year to evacuate innocent bystanders from hot scenes, shield innocent citizens that can't be moved, allow officers to approach and communicate with armed offenders,. . . . . and the list goes on.

So I respectfully have a different opinion than you regarding "this" being allowed.

That being said, if any level of our government starts misusing this or any other heavy equipment to violate any part of our Constitution I will be right there with you to take that shit away from them or fuck it up enough to neuter it.

./
It's a tough question. I've generally been opposed to the militarization of police forces around the country, but I find it harder to oppose the more the urban landscape deteriorates. There are pretty good arguments that the police are going to be consistently outnumbered and in really bad situations, and additional armor is likely necessary. That said, I think it is to everybody's benefit that it is not rolled out any more than is absolutely necessary, as I think there is good reason to believe that the appearance of a militarized police force is likely to create, long term, even more distrust between the people and the cops.

Also, it gets ridiculous in some rural areas with no crime when the local guys got money to buy some crazy looking thing, so they roll it out whenever they can. Generally it is not dangerous, just lame.

I think where most people agree is that the need for and use of these machines is not the sign of a healthy country, and that we would all like to see them in use less and less, and certainly not used just because they are bad ass toys.

Like .mil tanks at Waco?

Or Boston bombers
60A0F704-691B-4E92-B14C-3ED7FFDA8891.jpeg

Also. You give a bunch of hut huts toys they are going to use them. No knock warrants should never be issued for drugs etc. Only when people’s lives are at risk.

Reactions: TurboTrout
So when they deployed it to shut down the bar in Texas because of COVID-19? Good or bad?

./
Why haven't they been using them to open the streets that BLM and antifa have been shutting down? Or to shut down the riots in a couple dozen major cities?
Do you know how many sanitation guys are killed or injured every year picking up your garbage?
Do you know how far down the list of dangerous jobs police are?

I'm good with it, as long as it doesn't become a habit on the Tax Payers back. Good on him, for helping a little ol' lady out. If he want's to do it on his days-off, he can have at it. Mac(y)