• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official 2012 SH Rifle Order Thread

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold">2012 Sniper's Hide Rifle Build Order Thread </span>

Folding Model with Manner TF-1 Folding Stock $3850

Non Folding Model with Manner T6A Fixed Stock $3700

Specs on the Build

Custom Marked Bighorn Tactical Action (short action)

Bartlein Barrel in a Light Varmint Contour

Surgeon DBM (AICS Magazines)

Manners Stock

Timney Trigger

Gunsmithing Work by Spartan Precision

Calibers available, 6mm to .30 Cal short action only, user specified, most be 308 bolt face.

Only 25 Rifles will be built. Actions numbered and serialized with SH Logo and build year

SHR2012logo.jpg

SHR2012bolt.jpg

Mark from Spartan is currently building a Spec rifle to show off what the build will look like.

You can order your rifle, request your caliber and serial number (first come only).

<span style="font-weight: bold">Deposit $2500</span> (After Orders placed Non-refundable)

Order Sheet Build Spec Sheet Download, Print and include with your deposit.

Manners Stocks Available -- Specify Length of Pull and Type

Folder TF-1
    mcs-tf1.jpg

Non- Folding T6A

new-colors-T6-a2.jpg

You can post here what serial number you want so others can key off the numbers. We'll try to keep track but list 3 on your request sheet as it is first come first serve with regards to this.

If you want a custom muzzle device you can send the device to Spartan and coordinate that finalizing touch with Marc. But you'll be responsible to provide otherwise the rifles will simply be single point threaded 5/8-24.

Send your Checks and Specs to

Sniper's Hide LLC
    3205 Fenton Street
    Wheat Ridge CO 80212

Any questions PM or Email

<span style="font-style: italic">I have no idea on lead times, and complete times we are pushing as quickly as possible, but barrels and stocks will have to be ordered and Marc from Spartan will be working as fast as possible to finish. But dont' ask because we dont' know. Sniper's Hide will be the responsible party so it all starts and stops with the site and we are no speculating on build times</span>

Re: Official 2012 SH Rifle Order Thread

I love it. Wish I had the money. Congrats to those that can get their hands on this one.

Not trying to cause a stir or make waves. Just asking a question before someone else does. Would it be possible for customers to order a magnum or 223 boltface from Bighorn and have Marc chamber different barrels to those boltfaces? I am assuming that would be a completely different deal through Marc separately but just thought I would ask as that is an option with these actions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BESETbyAPOSTATES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to cause a stir or make waves. Just asking a question before someone else does. Would it be possible for customers to order a magnum or 223 boltface from Bighorn and have Marc chamber different barrels to those boltfaces? I am assuming that would be a completely different deal through Marc separately but just thought I would ask as that is an option with these actions.</div></div>

NO

the actions are already complete and at Spartan... they are finished

SHR2012group.jpg

I cannot spell it out any clearer... what you see is what you get. We give you options for barrel length and SHORT ACTION CALIBERS on a 308 Bolt face, period

Im in. Assuming 1 is going to lowlight , sn 3 would be great. Spec sheet inbound with payment

Remember you can also contact ThunderBeast Suppressors and order a matching suppressor ... once you get confirmed on which Serial Number you are getting you can then order the TBAC to match the rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BESETbyAPOSTATES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to cause a stir or make waves. Just asking a question before someone else does. Would it be possible for customers to order a magnum or 223 boltface from Bighorn and have Marc chamber different barrels to those boltfaces? I am assuming that would be a completely different deal through Marc separately but just thought I would ask as that is an option with these actions. </div></div>

Just buy a Big Horn and do your own build if these specs are not to your liking.... Frank spelled it out pretty clearly. He is not having anything to do with magnum or 223.

Moving along....

I'm in! I will take #2

Damn those are hot!! I wish I was in the market for another rifle right now, Marc does stellar work. I just got back 2 more AIAX barrels he did for me and couldn't be happier.

Hmmm....Maybe I will find the funds....somewhere.

Spec Sheet and payment inbound, I'll take SN #4 if it's available.

I'll take No. 4. Check and spec sheet out in the morning.

I will take #1 if its not taken, if its already spoken for I will take number 6!

Hey Frank -

Did I miss the color scheme somewhere?? Thew order form says the build spec will set the contour and color...

SG

I believe we were talking about the Manners In Color Woodland, but we have time to change it if the buyers want to decide on a different molded in color from Manners...

He has a new color that is pretty cool, the ones in the T6A image... but it was gonna be woodland and black, we can do something else and tan ?

Marc builds awesome sticks, if I only didn't already have two in process at his shop...

My take on the color scheme.....

Molded in the new "color #1" with FDE metal. And TBAC could offer all the matching cans in FDE as well.

... this is pretty exciting! Wondering how long it will take to move all 25. Gonna be a beautiful rifle!

So who wants to donate to the poor enlisted guy with a family that still wants one of these rifles
    laugh.gif
    j/k gonna be bad ass though

Elvis - Any chance I can talk you out of #7?

Lowlight - Mailing off the payment and specs sheet first thing in the morning...

That is a great setup! Wish I had the funds.
    I know with Spartan spinning these up its gonna come off well, and the new T6A is an awesome design!
    Perfect combination of components guys!

I'm so so jealous of the lucky 25 owners-to-be...
    Nice build spec LowLight, I'll be following the build-thread with a keen eye & sore heart...

Enjoy

R-Raven

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasVet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elvis - Any chance I can talk you out of #7?

Lowlight - Mailing off the payment and specs sheet first thing in the morning...

</div></div>

Haha, no.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My take on the color scheme.....

Molded in the new "color #1" with FDE metal. And TBAC could offer all the matching cans in FDE as well. </div></div>
    Agree with this.

If there are no single digits remaining, will take #10.

I'll just repost this from the other thread

Thunder Beast Arms Corp is going to offer matching suppressors to these rifles (#1-#25), with markings on the suppressor to match, at a discount of an additional 10% off MSRP.

AJ is one of our close shooting buddies and his actions are awesome.

A 30P-1 or 30BA would be a great addition to the 2012 SHR. We can ship the 30BA brakes directly to S.P.R.

You guys are going to <span style="font-style: italic">pop </span>when you see these. Exceptionally smooth actions and the TF-1 folder is gorgeous and well-engineered.

If you can't be a part of this build, seek Marc out later (after these are done, he's going to be busy!).

His attention to the smallest things is what differentiates his work and it's evident on the targets.

I prefer the woodland/black combo... Only bc it is different than my other rifles.

Damn it, I wish I had the money.

Frank Can you do it around Tax Return time one year so I can get on it once. Its the only time I have that kind of extra money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">must resist...... </div></div>

having the same problem

I spoke to Marc yesterday, these are going to be awesome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Toddcal13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer the woodland/black combo... Only bc it is different than my other rifles. </div></div>

Problem with that is.... it resembles every other rifle out there at this point. We are trying to be unique with the group builds. IMO

I almost didn't post these pictures because every screen or monitor shows colors differently so keep that in mind when looking at these.

This is a Stiller barreled action from another rifle that is finished in flat dark earth. I dropped it in the Manners stock to show what the two look like together. I personally feel they are a good match.

One of these days I'll set up an area in the shop for photo ops like this. Maybe I should worry more about getting a website first :) I took some outside and some inside for different light.

download-10.jpg

download-11.jpg

download-14.jpg

download-13.jpg