• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official 2012 SH Rifle Order Thread

Re: Official 2012 SH Rifle Order Thread

You are correct, that is bad ass!

Looks great. i need to sell some shit to get in on this.

What is that camo pattern called? I'm going to put an order in with Manners soon...

Looks like a cross between Woodland and Desert Camo... mostly like Woodland with no Green.

Tha camo on the stock looks awesome but IMHO Pateiot Brown would look nicer on the metal, or you could do a form of green to pull the little bit of green that's in the stock. Either way, it's awesome and I wish I could get on on this one.

I like that color combo. I approve!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MarcS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">......

One of these days I'll set up an area in the shop for photo ops like this. Maybe I should worry more about getting a website first :) ........ </div></div>

What do you mean Marc?? Those colors are almost a perfect match for the urban, parking lot, office wall environment?

Glad you posted them though because it shows the true stock colors better than the web pic that seems to have more rust or red in it. Showing the metal color and stock colors together in both lights is really great and removes allot of the guesswork. Thanks.

Marc is busy working on the Demo version of the Rifle.

SH2012.jpg

This is an marked, but not serialized action for the build in the Manner TF-1 folding stock from Manners.

We'll have a working rifle so anyone interested can see what they are getting.

Here's another teaser pic. I did the barrel work last night and I'll start bedding it today. I put a scope on it just to add more sex appeal.

photo-2.jpg

Marc,

The rifle looks great. Just wondering how you and Lowlight picked the Light Varmint for the contour? What are the pros and cons of Light Varmint?

-Steve

Sweet! What's the barrel length and weight on that one Marc???

I may have to drive that gun case down to you to check this out!

SG

Pros and cons vs what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marc,

The rifle looks great. Just wondering how you and Lowlight picked the Light Varmint for the contour? What are the pros and cons of Light Varmint?

-Steve</div></div>

Barrel contour is just personal choice..... Frank specs them. We buy them, pretty simple!
laugh.gif

Frank picked the spec's but I think the feeling was to go a little lighter than what has been common in the past. Most match directors have us moving around a lot more and positional stages are more common so I think it's a good idea. I have more and more customers asking for these style profiles lately.

I don't have an accurate scale but I will get a finished weight on it soon.

Marc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pros and cons vs what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marc,

-Steve</div></div> </div></div>

I have been wondering if a Heavy Palma, which weighs somewhat less, would have any advantage or Light Varmint. Or should I say does the straight taper offer advantages over Palma type contours. I do not know, just trying to learn.

-Steve

Any way we can get a running total on rifles still available?

I highly doubt I'll stumble onto the extra funds before these all sell... but it would be nice to come back here and torture myself watching them be snatched up.

Barrel Contour on Lowlight's gun is Rem. Varmint +1.5 Breech length and .860 @ 24" Finish, 25" Blank

Dropped spec sheet and deposit in the mail today.

Would like number 15 if it is not spoken for. Alternates are on spec sheet.

Here's a peek at the logo that will be etched on the barrel just in front of the lug. It will be very small, about the size of a nickel.

Barrelstamplogo_sh212.jpg

Damn that is just downright awesome
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MarcS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a peek at the logo that will be etched on the barrel just in front of the lug. It will be very small, about the size of a nickel.

Barrelstamplogo_sh212.jpg

</div></div>

Great looking actions you have there. You all should have some outstanding rifles when all is said and done.

That logo is sweet! Not getting in on this buy but definitely getting work done by Marc in the future!

Don't forget to add your suppressor from Thunder Beast.

Has someone claimed number 2? If not, I'll take it. I'll be calling to order tomorrow.

CWJ

I have to go through the list but a bunch of orders are in, I am not sure if 2 was taken, probably, most were grabbing the lower numbers

When ever you get a chance Frank, i would also love to know what #'s are still available. I would also be curious to what calibers people have ordered (just pure curiosity).

The prototype is now complete and ready for test firing. I'll have a range report and some pics up by the end of the week.

Marc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to go through the list but a bunch of orders are in, I am not sure if 2 was taken, probably, most were grabbing the lower numbers </div></div>

I asked for number 2 earlier on.
smile.gif

FYI,

We have about 10 rifles left that are not spoken for, so if you are interested in getting in on this build, contact me about securing your number.

We will be updating the numbers Monday, so get in early to secure your serial number

This is going to be a nice build. Anymore info on your test rifle LL?

It took so bloody long for the last one, I have barely shot the thing. I so wish I could be a part of this one.. Dang..

Ch

I am still on the fence and am interested in the test rifle data as well.

I took the rifle out for test firing using factory Corbon ammo with 123 Scenars. That ammo shot half minute from a bipod on the bench. I haven't had a chance to get back out due to workload and some rainy weather. I will shoot it again this week either Wednesday or Thursday. This time it will be with handloads using 142 SMK's and 139 Scenars. I'll post a report with load data, accuracy results, and pictures.

Marc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MarcS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think I have any of those in stock but I'll try to get some.

Marc </div></div>

Hey Marc -

I have some open boxes of Berger 6.5mm 130 VLD, 140 VLD Hybrid, and 140 VLDs. Let me know how many you want and I will get them over to you.

Steve

Here are the serial numbers reserved and the ones available

1. - Eric I
2. Adam L
3. Frank G
4. Rodney V
5. Blair F
7. Sean B
10 Stephen D
11. William H
13. Todd C
15. Brent P

Thank you for the update.

It is also awesome of TBAC to be offering a suppressor to match rifle #'s and/or markings. Not sure what markings..maybe suggest Sniper Hide, Spartan logo, etc.....
Whatever TBAC comes up with, I'm sure it is going to be very cool.

Today I threaded the muzzle and installed a protector cap on the prototype rifle. This one is blended smooth but I can do knurled if you guys prefer.

download-19.jpg

download-20.jpg

I etched the logo on it too. I put it in the middle of the breech diameter section but it could be moved forward to get out from under the scope base, reduced in size or even put on the other side of the barrel. The lighting in this pic makes it look like it goes under the base more than it does. I had a hard time with my camera phone getting good enough light to see it without having glaring shiny streaks down the length of the barrel.

download-21.jpg

download-22.jpg

Obviously Frank has final say in any of these decisions.

Marc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brutas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barrel Contour on Lowlight's gun is Rem. Varmint +1.5 Breech length and .860 @ 24" Finish, 25" Blank </div></div>

Thanks for the info...looks likes a good compromise.

-Steve

I like the ideal of this rifle....what do you think of one chambered in 6.5 Credmore?