• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

My first 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for my DTA was a factory barrel. It was incredibly accurate and lasted me just over 2500 rounds, if I remember correctly. If I were looking at getting a complete kit, I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up.

They are available for order the first day of SHOT show... They also claimed they would be ready to ship then as well.

I sold my A1 a few months ago and regret every minute of it, I will be purchasing the A2 covert to replace it,

I'm also curious if barrels can still be swapped if m-lock attachments are installed.

Fairly disappointed in the "tripod mount" as well if indeed it is only a threaded hole. When I first heard of it I expected an integrated dovetail.

Love mine. Cutting my barrel as we speak to 19 6.5 creedmoor
what scope are you running on the covert?
im considering the vortex amg, i was running the gen 2 razor on my srs but the scope alone is around 3lbs.
my concern is recoil on the covert, im not worried about the recoil on a 6.5, however if i step up to the 308 and above i'm wondering if i should put that top heavy gen 2 on it to tame recoil bounce a little.

im considering the vortex amg, i was running the gen 2 razor on my srs but the scope alone is around 3lbs.
my concern is recoil on the covert, im not worried about the recoil on a 6.5, however if i step up to the 308 and above i'm wondering if i should put that top heavy gen 2 on it to tame recoil bounce a little.

You might want to consider a good brake instead. It will do far more for recoil than the weight difference between scopes.

It's 308, not a 338. You will be fine.

Reactions: SRPowah
My google skills are not producing and good results or its just me. I live in California and am in the 10day waiting period to pick up the SRS A1. I know I know....it sucks. Only 4 more years and Ill retire to a more friendly state. All of that aside, I have been looking at scope mounts for the SRS. I have a NF 5-25x56 ATACR to put on top of it, but wanted to know what to go with. I usually go with the NF stuff because they give us a pretty good deal. I currently run a 1.5" unimount (A357) on my AIAX with the 7-35x56 ATACR. I was thinking a good option with the SRS or should I try to go lower? Overall what height are guys using for a 56mm objective?
Thanks in advance and helping me in my 10 day hell.

SRS is similar to an AR in the fact the cheek rest is the height of the continuous rail. 1.5" is right. If you are running a big taper mount, long scope, and sun shade, you might not be able to fit scope caps.

Reactions: Tack425
Anyone else notice that their website says "left handed SRS-A2 covert also available". I'm right handed, so I really don't care if they ever produce a left handed version, but I'm pretty sure I heard them say there was no definitive future for a left handed A2. I'm sure its just an oversight, so don't get too excited leftists.

bottom of this page.
https://deserttech.com/covert.php

Anyone else notice that their website says "left handed SRS-A2 covert also available". I'm right handed, so I really don't care if they ever produce a left handed version, but I'm pretty sure I heard them say there was no definitive future for a left handed A2. I'm sure its just an oversight, so don't get too excited leftists.

bottom of this page.

I caught that. With the A2 being cheaper than the A1s are selling for there’s not much reason to buy a A1 correct?

Depends what they are going to charge for the now separate monopod, and how important the weight savings are to you.

The tripod thing is lost on me, what am I missing? Wouldn't it have been easier to just have a short section of Arca in the hand guard? Maybe not easier, but preferred by most? There must be something I'm missing.

If I didn't already have the A1 I think it would be a tough call... The biggest potential pitfall I see against the A2 is the non-adjustable trigger. Taking away adjustment is almost never a good thing.

I would be surprised if the price on the mono-pod changes from it's current price of $365. They are mighty proud of it.

Just as I wouldn't be surprised if the left handed A2 was an over sight. Judging by little more than how rushed they must have been to add the new info to the website that they couldn't even use a simple spell checker.

I'm thinking about getting an A1 too in order to replace a Bighorn TL-2 but I'm struggling to pull the trigger.

I have an AT as well that'd I'd sell if I love the SRS A1 but I've only ever been able to handle the SRS but never shoot one.

I'd wind up selling the TL-2 immediately but I could wait on the AT for awhile.

I’ve had that damn A1 Covert chassis in my cart 3 times and havent been able to pull the trigger yet. I want, but I don’t need.

You can't post stuff like this! My wife might see it and realize it's a "want" rather than the "need" I tell her every gun purchase is!

I just tell mine that if they are always locked up in the safe where it is dark, quiet all they will do is multiply. They procreate if you don’t spend too much time with them. So far she has bought on or simply appeases me in my passion

• Haha
Reactions: 300wmSlick
I'm thinking about getting an A1 too in order to replace a Bighorn TL-2 but I'm struggling to pull the trigger.

I have an AT as well that'd I'd sell if I love the SRS A1 but I've only ever been able to handle the SRS but never shoot one.

I'd wind up selling the TL-2 immediately but I could wait on the AT for awhile.
If you ever make it to the omaha area, you are welcome to come shoot mine.

The eurooptic deal surely won't last forever, but I have a feeling good deals on A1's won't be too hard to come by for a while.

There are several Desert Tech dealers that will need to move inventory as well in the coming weeks/months. Plus, I'm sure there will be at least a few current A1 owners that will be looking to move to the A2 and sell their old chassis. I certainly wouldn't rush to jump if you're not ready.

I called Eurooptic today and no love for the lefties. I’m looking for a 6.5CM barrel with left extension. The only thing they had was conversion kit and at full price.

Just coming up to speed. I see comments that you can buy covert hand guard to convert from SRS but if you start w/ covert can you buy longer hand guard?

Yep I noticed the same thing as tack. Lefties still have to buy the 3500$ complete 308 rifle then buy another conversion kit for the cartridge I wanted. Or have another barrel spun up. Wish they would do chassis only lefties.

My google skills are not producing and good results or its just me. I live in California and am in the 10day waiting period to pick up the SRS A1. I know I know....it sucks. Only 4 more years and Ill retire to a more friendly state. All of that aside, I have been looking at scope mounts for the SRS. I have a NF 5-25x56 ATACR to put on top of it, but wanted to know what to go with. I usually go with the NF stuff because they give us a pretty good deal. I currently run a 1.5" unimount (A357) on my AIAX with the 7-35x56 ATACR. I was thinking a good option with the SRS or should I try to go lower? Overall what height are guys using for a 56mm objective?
Thanks in advance and helping me in my 10 day hell.

I am running the DT mount, 30 MOA and the 40 MOA. Go that route

bottom of this page.
This has been fixed now, good catch.

Pulled the trigger on a covert chassis today. Also had it in the cart several times before ordering. I’m just not certain there will be better deals if the A2 trigger turns out like the MDR’s.

I’ve decided to get the new 6.5CM A2 Covert.
How many mags do these come with? And what pouches do they fit in?

So who would have the best deal on the chassis? Euro Optic looks to charge tax now for some reason in my state :-(

So who would have the best deal on the chassis? Euro Optic looks to charge tax now for some reason in my state :-(

You can thank the Supreme Court for that. It's not just Europtic. All e-commerce sales to Nebraska residents have to charge sales tax as of Nov 1 last year.

You can thank the Supreme Court for that. It's not just Europtic. All e-commerce sales to Nebraska residents have to charge sales tax as of Nov 1 last year.

Well, that's BS :mad: It's a topic for another thread I guess though.

I was all set to order until I saw that but it put a damper on my joy. Back to thinking about how badly I need it.

Well, that's BS :mad: It's a topic for another thread I guess though.

I was all set to order until I saw that but it put a damper on my joy. Back to thinking about how badly I need it.

Just FYI. Ordered a chassis and my tax was $66 and some change. Still better than in state purchase. Colorado.