• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

i hope you have a can for that. Otherwise your NV is going to be taking the brunt of the muzzle blast.

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Th

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have pictures of DTA with the SPUHR mount on it... </div></div>Heres a pic of my DTA SRS with SPUHR mount. let me know if you want more pics.
b3v0q9.jpg

Yes I have a can for it. I just have to get a thread reducer. My can is 5/8 24.

Abiel, Which model is that ?

DTA vs snow

A quick pic of my DTA from this weekend - during the 8" snowfall we got at the range. Zeroing the rifle in was a pain while getting hit with ice in the face, but it made for a unique experience...

dtaq.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohpopo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious, does anyone use an Eberlestock pack with their DTA, which pack and how do you like it? </div></div>

Use an Operator and it works great. Any of the wide scabbard design packs will work great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have pictures of DTA with the SPUHR mount on it... </div></div>I can have a pic for you on Friday, the day my DTA is scheduled to come in.

Serial numbers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new guns that use the feedramp alignment design start with SRS at the beginning of their serial number. The old pin guns start with DTA at the beginning of their serial number. </div></div>

Looks like both generations start with serial number 1000, right?

How many first-gen guns were made?

I saw a newer gen-2 with S/N "SRS...16XX"; are there really at least 600 of the newer ones out there already?!

Re: Serial numbers

Serial numbers between GEN I guns start with DTA and GEN II guns start with SRS. As far as quantities, I am not sure I'd have to check on it.

Anyone know what thread (M3? M4?) is used to attach the button to the bottom of the rear monopod? My foot kinda got up and walked away.

Guys, a shooting sling question. Can't seem to figure it out.

Would somebody be so kind to post a picture of the TIS (or TAB) sling (say, Slip-Cuff) attached to <span style="text-decoration: underline">DTA SRS</span> (full size) rifle, preferably not in place of but together with say Atlas bipod? And a picture of sitting or kneeling position supported by/with a sling?

Reason I'm asking is - it seems I figured out how to use a shooting sling on other (conventional design) rifles, but have difficulty figuring the best (or a convenient) way to attach both the sling and the bipod to my SRS. Sling seems to "like" going on the left-side attachments on the butt and the handguard. Good for carrying, but I have difficulty adjusting it for shooting. The best place for the bipod seems to be right at the sling attachment hole on the lower rail. So if somebody could share some pics that show how he connected the sling to this rifle, and what his sling-supported kneeling and/or sitting positions are - I'd really appreciate it.

Tnx!

Carrying and shooting are two different activities, for a right handed shooter the sling is best used on the right side of the stock. The back can be left where it is.

Use the rail and adjust it as necessary on the right.

For carry you can put it back on the left.

Re: Sling shooting (was Serial numbers)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Carrying and shooting are two different activities, for a right handed shooter the sling is best used on the right side of the stock. The back can be left where it is.

Use the rail and adjust it as necessary on the right.

For carry you can put it back on the left. </div></div>
I see, thanks! Yes I'm right-handed. Tried switching the front attachment to the right - more comfortable, but still needs work.

Turns out that SRS isn't that much different - I just need to make sure I place my supporting hand closer to rifle's CG (not as far forward as I did before), and adjust the rail cover properly (so it doesn't bite into the palm).

I notice that sitting/kneeling with a sling I cant the rifle a lot, much worse than when prone with bipod, or supported from barricade or such... Is it normal/expected?

I must add that I've never received any formal training on using sling for shooting. My only source of knowledge is your Online Training Shooting with a Sling lesson, which includes two videos you posted on YouTube: Mid Lesson - Slings and T.A.B Gear Sling Shooting.

What's the reasonable distance one would use sling shooting? And what's the largest caliber that a sane person with less than 140 lbs body mass would shoot kneeling with a sling support, or is it all the matter of mastering the right technique?

Tnx!

SRS in Eberlestocks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohpopo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious, does anyone use an Eberlestock pack with their DTA, which pack and how do you like it? </div></div>

For anyone wondering about how it fits in the eberlestock packs. I use the phantom.

26" .300 WM with DTSS .338 can
2011-11-09080716.jpg

With can attached:
2011-11-09080641.jpg

With can removed:
2011-11-09080752.jpg

Re: SRS in Eberlestocks

How do you like the DTSS can? I am considering picking one up... Either that or a TBAC.

The DTSS can is bad ass I'm getting one as soon as I get out of cali

Technical DTA question- is there any way to get the trigger to feel like a true 2-stage? I bought BigJoe's old SRS, and it is a nice rig. The trigger feels nice as-is, but I really prefer a two stage. I messed with all kinds of different combinations of the trigger pull weight and sear engagament (creep) screws, and I could never get it to really feel like a 2 stage. It would result in a longer pull, but the second stage was very cage and hard to stop at. The first stage felt more "creepy" than I would like as well.

If anyone knows how this could be changed, please let me know. Also, if I need to keep it as a single stage, I would like to find a way to get it a tad more crisp. I currently have the "creep" screw adjusted all the way out, but some trigger pulls there is still a minute amount, on others none at all. This may require some gunsmithing, but I'd still like to know.

Thanks,

-Bob

I set mine super light with the smallest of creep. I shoot it pretty regularly so i now have a very good feel for it. Seems there is a small click (very small). Then a little more then bang. Pretty happy with the trigger.

yeah BM last time i heard nick was working on a 2 stage but don't know how far they are with it. the DTA is a addictive gun, i LOVE mine and am at 5 barrels and counting... and i have at least 3 more calibers i want to try, lol.

Joe,
Where do you usually go shooting? I'd like to get behind one of those before I drop the cash on one?

Jeff

Onemoretime,

I'm also located in SD. If you're interested in trying out an SRS Covert, PM me and we can head up to Pala to put some rounds downrange sometime. I have a 22" 11-twist barrel that is standard for the SRS, so the only major difference is the foregrip/rail length.

Update- after investing the time to dry fire hundreds of times and put a few hundred live rounds through it, I don't think the trigger is a detriment. I still prefer a two stage, but I am certainly able to get it done with the single, I just had to adjust my trigger press.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gstaylorg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Onemoretime,

I'm also located in SD. If you're interested in trying out an SRS Covert, PM me and we can head up to Pala to put some rounds downrange sometime. I have a 22" 11-twist barrel that is standard for the SRS, so the only major difference is the foregrip/rail length. </div></div>

I'm in! Let me find some time. Are they still on the Monday and Friday morning schedule?

The Mon/Fri gig is still in effect, but I'm only rarely able to go at those times; work and all. However, they currently also have rec shooting from 1-3 pm on either (or both) Sat/Sun depending on which weekend of the month it is.

Sun 20th I believe will be on the 300 yd range, and Sun 27th will be the long range. The range that is open from 1-3 on a given day depends on which one the AM match uses that weekend. I will almost certainly be out both of those days. Alternatively, I'll also probably be out Friday 24th, which is a holiday (day after Thanksgiving), so work won't be an issue. Let me know if one of those dates works for you. As an added bonus, I'm getting a new 18" 10-twist barrel from Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs this week, which I'm looking forward to putting some rounds through on one of those days. So I was planning on bringing the Covert out anyhow. Just let me know what works for you and we can arrange something.

The Friday following Thanksgiving should be good since I'm closing my school that weekend. Let me get back to you... I'm sure it'll be a go.

I can bring some ammo, what do you prefer?

yeah anyone in SD is welcome to come check mine out, although i'm currently gone for the next month

If there's a specific ammo you have a liking for, or would like to see results with, feel free to bring whatever you like. I typically bring a fair amount of FGMM 168s/175s and occasionally the Applied Ballistics 175s. I meant to put the web address for the Pala calendar up in the last one, but forgot. So here it is in case you don't already have it: http://ncsapala.com/cal2011.html.

Also, PM sent.

The new conversion package form SRS to Covert and Covert to standard is really nice, thanks Nick

SRS covert upgrade comes with tool to changeout hand-guard, you still need a vice to hold the receiver but it provides the same tools we use in our assembly process.

We do listen all of your requests guys so keep em coming.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

We do listen all of your requests guys so keep em coming. </div></div>How about a kick ass 2-stage trigger that is backwards compatible?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a buttplate with recoil padding for us pussies? </div></div>

+1 on that idea. I made one myself out of some black cloth and cut pieces of a mousepad. It works great, but it isn't the most professional looking "do-it-yourself" project I've ever done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gstaylorg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a buttplate with recoil padding for us pussies? </div></div>

+1 on that idea. I made one myself out of some black cloth and cut pieces of a mousepad. It works great, but it isn't the most professional looking "do-it-yourself" project I've ever done.</div></div>
+2 on this idea. Please, pretty-please - make a butt-plate with a softer rubberish recoil padding.

That's awesome you made the hand guards interchangeable. Way to go.
Do you ever plan on making different hand guards? Like maybe one without side and bottom rails, or one with user configurable rails?

Just Curious

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bribri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just thought I'd share some pics of my DTA SRS in 6.5x47 Lapua I also have the 338 Lapua conversion as well. I am a big fan of this rifle, and I just wanted to thank sr90 and the rest of the crew at DTA for producing such a great product and for having good customer service. Any of the 6.5 caliber's in the DTA is the way to go, I highly recommend it.

009.jpg

004-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

005.jpg

007-2.jpg

</div></div>

Wow that is a shit ton of money laying there.

Thought I would post one more photo...

This is the 600yd target shot with my 308 DTA SRS after sighting in the scope (in the snow picture posted previously). The target lines are 1" apart. Thought it was some decent shooting for a rank amateur.

6351843446_f3454ffddb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QuickOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the 600yd target shot with my 308 DTA SRS after sighting in the scope (in the snow picture posted previously). The target lines are 1" apart. Thought it was some decent shooting for a rank amateur.</div></div>
Assuming the peppering all over that plywood sheet isn't yours
grin.gif
- yes that's darn good!

And this rifle does help one to improve.

I believe there is an aluminium butt plate in the line of mods. Would it be possible to incorporate the rear monopod into this?
ie detachable monopod.
Cheers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeSnifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a Larue mount that would work well on this rifle out to 850 yards? Specifically I was looking at this one:

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-20-moa-psr-scope-mount-qd

Would this work with a NF NXS F1 3.5-15? </div></div>

Thunderbolt is right. I have the 50 BMG Larue mount on my SRS and it's great. With my S&B I have about 24 mils of travel left on my scope after zeroing at 100yds.