• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Mine is closer to DTA001000 and it lacks the hole for the monopod. Technically I think mine is from the second batch of 500 that were created, so if Frank's has the whole that would lead me to believe that anything from the third batch onward would be prepped for the monopod. Nick could say for sure.

If you send the receiver to DTA, they can update the receiver to install the monopod. The only reason I haven't done this yet is that I moved to New Zealand a few years ago. Some day I'll get around to it.

I've got a buddy with a gen 1 in the DTA001060 range and another in the DTA001270 range and neither of them were drilled and tapped for the monopod. Not sure exactly how the numbering went but mine is not quite 400 in and is done but these earlier ones aren't. I wonder if they might have done them in odd lots or something?

Tough to figure sometimes, production doesn't always follow what we think is a straight line.

Frank

I don't know about now but I ordered mine from them about a month and a half ago and got it about a week later.

If that is the case they are going to have some pissed of customers and dealers. Many dealers that ordered in January at SHOT still have not received their orders. Last I heard, DTA is quoting 9 months on new orders.

Thought you guys might find this useful for taking off your skins:

I know that picture is going to help me put them back on. I took mine apart over a month ago to get the rifle cerakoted and I'm not sure I remember how to put it back together

I've taken my apart numerous times and it's not that difficult to figure out which length bolt to use - just a little bit of trial and error at first. On their PSR candidate rifle I think they reduced the number of bolts to four - that's something I'd like to see in the future, but then again taking the skins off is a pretty rare thing unless you're swapping out handguards.

To be honest it's more the trigger stuff in worried about than the skins. I should have taken a video of me disassembling it. I didn't think it would take so long and that I would forget how it goes....I'll have to watch dta's assembly video on you tube in slow motion.

Aflac, PM me if you run into trouble. I have mine in pieces right now for a repaint. Ill be putting it back together today or tomorrow. I will take pics or a quick video of where all the parts go and text them/it to you.

Russ @ DTM

Aflac, PM me if you run into trouble. I have mine in pieces right now for a repaint. Ill be putting it back together today or tomorrow. I will take pics or a quick video of where all the parts go and text them/it to you.

Russ @ DTM

Russ thanks a ton for the offer. If I can't figure it out I will take you up on that.

Last edited:
thanks for the pics Q-Unit. i might need to dis-assemble my A1 and try to understand why my bolt wont shut half the time and why half the time it shuts exquisitely. anybody ever had their bolt mysteriously hang up while trying to close it (with no ammo in chamber)? this happens regardless of barrel being installed removed.

Last edited:
I've had the bolt raceway get pretty dirty and make cycling the bolt a bit sluggish, but that's it.

This is much worse than that Dogtown, is a brand new rifle, first time out. The bolt slides freely, and sometimes works flawlessly. But other times it binds up right as you start pushing it down to lock. The bolt is all the way forward, but it doesn't want to drop. By simply pulling it back, and sliding it forward, the problem USUALLY solves itself, but not always. We tried two different bolts with the same result.

Sounds like problem with the barrel extension. I'd call DTA and see if they could troubleshooting it over the phone.

Last edited:
i dont think its the barrel extension because it happens when the barrel is out of the gun as well as in the gun.
ya this ol boys been callin all right. got an appointment with josh at dts tomorrow afternoon. cant wait to see what gremlin is living inside this thing.

Last edited:
Hmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with that little pin that catches a notch in the top of the bolt? That's what locks the rear collar on the bolt while the rest goes forward into the barrel extension and if it's not being stopped then it probably wouldn't let you rotate the bolt into battery. Of course, I've been wrong before - have a look.

Odd part is from my understanding is that they tried it in coldbores chassis and it didn't happen. Only in chubbles chassis.

They will get you straightened out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

How long does it usually take for DTA warranty to return a call? Called last Thursday and Madison from sales put me thru to Josh's extension About a replacement butt pad mount, left my # and a message...just curious

Reactions: kRcu
Bas,

When myself and others brought this up in the past, DTA replied in an indignant manner and reminded everyone to call DTA first, before posting here (which we had all done). The last time this was brought up, they were adamant that this problem was resolved. See Below...

I just left the warranty office, special trip just to look into this. There are no voice mails or emails that are unanswered. We addressed the slow replies weeks ago and both Josh and Chris are doing a good job keeping in contact with customers. If someone refuses to leave a message, that's on them. Calling 3 or 4 times is unnecessary. Call once. Leave a message and one of them WILL call you back. If you don't answer your phone, you will get a message to email them at a specific address to give them all the information with pictures if possible. Simple as that.

More changes are planned in the future. We are streamlining the system as best we can.

Russ @ DTM.

Maybe the response to your question will be more courteously since there still seems to be a problem with call-backs.

To answer your question BAS, my experience has been that if you don't get a call-back within a couple of business days, it won't happen. I have had to call 1-2 times a day until someone actually answers the phone.

The good news is that once you get hold of someone in Warranty Service, they are excellent, and do take care of your problem.

Last edited:
Since DTA doesn't make rings for anything but the HTI now. Does anyone know who makes a mount for 30 mm tube with 30 or 40 MOA? All I have been able to find have just 20 MOA.

You called last Thursday. Most of us work 4/10s. You will get a call or response. Period. They are working it.

nick always says "persistence is the formula for success"
i tried a little bit of that with the service dept. and it worked wonders. those guys are awesome. i had a broken buttpad and a bolt that wouldnt cycle. both problems were likely due to me being a total dta newb. nonetheless josh scheduled an appointment for me to come into the shop at my convenience. now ive got a brand new buttpad and a flawlessly cycling bolt. i am happy with the service. i dont know of many companies that allow customers to bring broken merchandise directly to the factory and ask for it to be serviced in person in real time. on top of that the service technician is doing it with a smile and gives you a nickel tour.

p.s. anyone who guessed bolt sleeve stop screw...was correct.

Last edited:
Since DTA doesn't make rings for anything but the HTI now. Does anyone know who makes a mount for 30 mm tube with 30 or 40 MOA? All I have been able to find have just 20 MOA.
They don't call it the HTI mount anymore. It's simply the DTA one piece base. It works equally well on the SRS as the HTI. It's a fantastic mount. Why not use it? Get you a 30 or 40MOA version with a set of ring reducers and you're in business.

Finally pieced the thing together. Now it's just waiting on the thunderbeast suppressor sitting on form and eventually the premier, s&b, or Kahles that will replace the mark 6. It's annoying to have to share scopes with the larue.

On a side note does anyone know where I can get the dta torque wrench in stock? I've looked everywhere. I also bought a tab biathalon sling. Couldn't decide between that or just the regular tab gear 2 point. Hope I made the right choice

4u5ejune.jpg
anava8u9.jpg
e7e3unut.jpg
pavevahy.jpg
azy8y5up.jpg

You called last Thursday. Most of us work 4/10s. You will get a call or response. Period. They are working it.

Russ,
Chill bro, I just ask for the timeline that i would be looking at nothing else! I have no ax to grind or am i complaining, so cool your jets! Just so happens everyone I called again today and Ryan in sales put me in touch with Josh and he resolved my issue very promptly and professionally. I didn't mean to step on toes or start anything... just a question

Im chill. Not worked up at all. you had a legitimate question. I should have broke up my response.

I'm gonna step back from this thread and let you guys do your own thing. I run DTM, I help out with DTA's warranty as a good gesture and to help the guys keep things flowing.

As I said, you had a legitimate question and mine was a 2 part answer, but didn't come across that way.

Glad that our warranty department was able to help you out.

Russ @ DTM

Russ,
No need to step back bro, your help on here is very much appreciated by ALL I would say, i know it is for me. I just didn't want your or anyone here to take it otherwise. Enough said

generalzip,

If you're still looking for the torque wrench you could just order one directly from seekonk.

Nice shot and nice view! What distance about did you take the shot if you don't mind my asking?

Easy 400 yd shot. I had been practicing @ 600-800 yds 1 shot cold bore and staying under 1/2 moa as long as I made a good wind call.

The only thing disturbing is that my first trigger pull was a light primer strike (???), very disturbing when you hear a click and the bull was on the move to go over the next mountain.

If you look carefully you can seem him down just after the shot from my vantage point. He is just to the right of the fir trees.

Bull down.jpg

Someone on here recommended this. I haven't gotten one yet but plan to. You can get all the MOA you need.
RT-150 RING SET

Russ,
Don't let a few posters cause you to "step back from this thread".
I have appreciated what you have posted in the past and look forward to your continued participation here.
Thanks.

Holy smokes, Detroit! You're lucky you got him first. In that pic you can clearly see that he also had a rifle!

Yes Sir...At first I was very concerned, seeing that he was packing a DTA; however it was quite obvious to me that he was a lefty the way he traversed the rocky terrain, so I felt I could get the drop on him!

Wild guess, but since it looks like such a large barrel and it is obviously something unique I am going to guess you figured out a way to make an SRS shoot a .50. This might be a bad guess since there probably is a good reason the HTI exists.

Not only that, the SRS chassis couldn't safely fit a .50BMG bolt/barrel combo. Since we're playing the guessing game, and I'm quite bored at the moment, I'd guess that the .338 QD brake (unless it's been opened up) tells me that it's a very heavy contoured .338 barrel, looking about 28-30" long.

Since I'm 0 for 1 I'm going to try again. The other 3 look like lightweight contour barrels. No fluting, but just going thin. As for the calibers, no idea.

I am not trying to get off topic. How many Gens are there for the SRS? Whats the differances?