• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Just a tip for SRS owners: you should apply some lock-tite to the 2 bolts that hold the trigger parts to the chassis and also the screw that holds the trigger on. I Had all these loosen up on my .338LM causing an inoperable condition that would certainly be a pita in the field.

oh cool ty will take a peek at it

Seriously, call it the lunapod. Advertise it and you might sell a few. I had one of the the first srs and sold because I thought it was too much for pod and I really wanted a covert. I have a set of skins for the non monopod version, make one up and send it and I will give a honest write up between it and the factory. I kinda like the way your button sets. Just think, you can offer a free hello kitty sticker with every one! Lol

haha i like my skull and crossbones with a bow better :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dixie3bass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously, call it the lunapod.</div></div>

That's a great name. Gotta check the USPTO database first to make sure you're not infringing another trademark though. As far as the Web is concerned, lunapod.com is already taken and it's one of the weirdest websites I've ever seen!

In any case, congrats Luna and definitely go for it marketing your great product!

CBM, I keep going back and looking at the pic. Who did your camo for you? It's almost exactly what I would want if I don't go with a gap camo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nicholas Young</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ewen,
That is a great idea, lets see if DTA USA can beat DTA Europe in a 3K yard shootout! I think us Americans got the upperhand on you good ole boys.

The USA event will take place at the same spot that we shot the 2707 yard video in Tooele Utah, the date of the event will be Tuesday Dec 18th.

Thor21,
PS. Next batch of bolts is two weeks away from being finished and it is quite large and should take care of our backlog.
</div></div>

Hey Guys, there is a 70-80% chance of snow on 12/18, and lasers won't work to range. Per Nick and Russ, we're gonna reschedule. Let you know shortly when!

-Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dixie3bass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CBM, I keep going back and looking at the pic. Who did your camo for you? It's almost exactly what I would want if I don't go with a gap camo. </div></div>

That Dixie, was done by yours truly, a little duracote and airbrush. Here is a fresh pic from yesterday.

0F544B07.jpg

Thanks for posting patches. I will have a surgeon remedy and a sako trg 42 to compare it to in a couple of weeks, doing some load development for.a couple of guys. I have a range at my house where I can shoot past 1k I will post accuracy of all three of them when I get them finished. thanks again patches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: customones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... I will have a surgeon remedy and a sako trg 42 to compare it to in a couple of weeks... </div></div>

You mean you'll have a Surgoen and a Sako for sale in a couple of weeks. Lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dixie3bass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CBM, I keep going back and looking at the pic. Who did your camo for you? It's almost exactly what I would want if I don't go with a gap camo. </div></div>

That Dixie, was done by yours truly, a little duracote and airbrush. Here is a fresh pic from yesterday.

0F544B07.jpg

</div></div>

Awesome camo job!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cox380</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: customones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... I will have a surgeon remedy and a sako trg 42 to compare it to in a couple of weeks... </div></div>

You mean you'll have a Surgoen and a Sako for sale In a couple of weeks. Lol </div></div>

Don't own them just doing some load work, the surgeon I have handled before and was impressed. The dta was bought a week after the guy with the remedy showed me his HTI, the trigger was the feature that sealed it for me.

Well...I decided to pick up one of the deplyment kits at the local dealer. It was a early model he had for 2 years but it was brand new. I ordered the new skins with mono pod and the Titanium can from DTA. I have installed a NF right now but I may put a S&B on it in the very near future. I haven't shot the rifle yet so I don't have an opinion on the unit yet. I have 3 other GAP rifles and a few others but I want to make sure this is the fit for me before I make any statements.

Taz you'll love it, i have plenty of other guns i enjoy too from GAP and others but the DTA remains a constant on my range trips

Played with Luna's Lunapod today (god that sounds positively dirty!
grin.gif
), and its pretty awesome IMHO. If she were to ever start producing them for sale, I'd be quite interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanPopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know the height of the scope rings sold by DTA? </div></div>

They put the centerline of your scope at 2.63 inches above the bore.

What optics are you guys running. I have a NF on it right now but I'm considering a S&B just because I like the looks of it on the rifle. I was hoping NF would do a 5-22 Mil spec scope like the 3.5-15 I have on my Armalite SASS. NF glass seems pretty good to me but I really like the S&B look.

ah ty:) we need to get together for shooting some time. sorry about the goofy time frame.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The-Fly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Played with Luna's Lunapod today (god that sounds positively dirty!
grin.gif
), and its pretty awesome IMHO. If she were to ever start producing them for sale, I'd be quite interested. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tazman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What optics are you guys running. I have a NF on it right now but I'm considering a S&B just because I like the looks of it on the rifle. I was hoping NF would do a 5-22 Mil spec scope like the 3.5-15 I have on my Armalite SASS. NF glass seems pretty good to me but I really like the S&B look. </div></div>

I have a NF that I use on another rifle. Now, I'm using a Premier 5-25 because I can just use a spent case to rezero my turrets between caliber/barrel and/or suppressor changes. I think the glass is as good as I need to shoot pass ranges that my SRS calibers goes subsonic. Clarity and crispness of image is better to me than NF. My friends have S&Bs but I did not see an appreciable difference between premier but did from a NF. Others will tell you differently but after a threshold level the extra you pay is great for the actual difference you get.

It's not a fashion show, so why choose an optic based on how it looks? I run an S&B 5-25x P4F but mostly because I prefer their turrets and glass. I ran an NXS 3.5-15x for many years on a different rifle and agree the glass quality is good and the optics are durable, but I never liked their turrets. Their new F1-series looks like a step in the right direction though, turret-wise.

First things first...I need a barrel alignment pin. Went to change barrels and noticed there was no engagement. Anyone have the deminsions of the roll pin?

I didn't mean to say the looks of the scope was swaying me. I have a NF on it now and I am evaluating it. I have 4 other NF and had 4 US Optics at one time but the NF just seems to better fit me. The S&B is something I have been looking at but I jst haven't had a chance to really look at one. Function is my main focus then other features.

Has anybody received a conversion kit with the new bolt??

Been waiting for months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nicholas Young</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have only had one of our many demo guns have an issue with a tooth and I accidentally swung it down to the floor like a carnival hammer. The only reason we developed the aluminum mount was for PSR drop testing requirements. The original mount was initially thought to be something that was sufficiently strong for everything but military drop tests but it has proven over time to be a problem. We will do a buttpad upgrade deal for all the veterans guys. </div></div>

Hi Nick,

I have one of the first SRS guns, and I was thinking of getting my older rifle upgraded with the monopod and the butt plate (however I have never had any issues with the butt plate) at the same time, due to sending the chasis into the company. Will the butt plate have to have the chasis sent to DTA like the monopod? Also,are the new bolts in stock? thanks Brad

are you guys having problems with your bolts? i'm curious why everyone is clamoring for the upgrade? my bolt is fine and until i have a problem i don't see the reason to spend the money.

Hi I forgot.. Since i haven't ever posted a photo of my DTA, I thought I would share
smile.gif
I have since ordered a suppressor for it but waiting for the Class 3. Fun to shoot. Right now I just shoot steel targets at my dad's farm.

a7898429.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are you guys having problems with your bolts? i'm curious why everyone is clamoring for the upgrade? my bolt is fine and until i have a problem i don't see the reason to spend the money.

</div></div>

I have fired about 800 rounds through mine and I have about 15 or so extraction issues. Been doing some reading and found that it could be a bolt problem. That's why I would like to get a new.

Who has the best price for a SRS Chassis? I can't afford to buy it complete so I'll be buying in two rounds; chassis and conversion kit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are you guys having problems with your bolts? i'm curious why everyone is clamoring for the upgrade? my bolt is fine and until i have a problem i don't see the reason to spend the money.

</div></div>

Whole conversion kit cost me about $100 more then just the barrel. Comes with new bolt and mag. Really could care less about the bolt, never had a problem. Just want my damn barrel. Has been 2 months and counting.

oh i can feel you there, its the "when can i upgrade to the new bolt" guys i'm asking. don't get me wrong if there is a upgrade eventually it would be cool to get it i guess but i shoot the piss out of my SRS now with the "old" bolts and have no issues at all

I've also got a rifle from the first run, but I prefer the round handle bolt over the tear drop. And while it's nice to have the option of swapping bolt heads, I still prefer to just swap the bolts in the field.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thor2j</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are you guys having problems with your bolts? i'm curious why everyone is clamoring for the upgrade? my bolt is fine and until i have a problem i don't see the reason to spend the money.

</div></div>

Whole conversion kit cost me about $100 more then just the barrel. Comes with new bolt and mag. Really could care less about the bolt, never had a problem. Just want my damn barrel. Has been 2 months and counting. </div></div>

What caliber you waiting on?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What caliber you waiting on? </div></div>

I'm not who you quoted but I'm waiting on 308 and 260 conversions. Finally shot my SRS in 300wm for the first time yesterday. Fired 40 factory rounds and 20 reloads. The reloads all fired great groups with the heaviest powder load at about 5/8" and 2900 FPS pushing 208 amax bullets. I'm going to load up 20-30 of those and a few more test loads and hit the range again in a day or two.

I just received my US Optics scope and mounted that up today, very much looking forward to putting it through its paces. The lens cover on the objective just barely fits with a tiny amount of space between it and the rail.

dta_srs.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vinson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What caliber you waiting on? </div></div>

I'm not who you quoted but I'm waiting on 308 and 260 conversions. Finally shot my SRS in 300wm for the first time yesterday. Fired 40 factory rounds and 20 reloads. The reloads all fired great groups with the heaviest powder load at about 5/8" and 2900 FPS pushing 208 amax bullets. I'm going to load up 20-30 of those and a few more test loads and hit the range again in a day or two.

I just received my US Optics scope and mounted that up today, very much looking forward to putting it through its paces. The lens cover on the objective just barely fits with a tiny amount of space between it and the rail.

dta_srs.jpg

</div></div>

Now that's a scope!! I hope to own one like that in my lifetime.. Very nice.

I got my 260 conversion from eurooptic just days after ordering..

So say I have an SRS in .308 and I want to order a conversion kit in .338. Do you get an entire bolt or a .338 bolt head.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So say I have an SRS in .308 and I want to order a conversion kit in .338. Do you get an entire bolt or a .338 bolt head. </div></div>

The conversion kits come with a whole bolt, barrel and magazine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vinson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So say I have an SRS in .308 and I want to order a conversion kit in .338. Do you get an entire bolt or a .338 bolt head. </div></div>

The conversion kits come with a whole bolt, barrel and magazine. </div></div>

Yeah, I'm asking if the kits are gonna change because of the interchangeable bolt heads on the new bolt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vinson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just received my US Optics scope and mounted that up today, very much looking forward to putting it through its paces. The lens cover on the objective just barely fits with a tiny amount of space between it and the rail.
</div></div>

Nice Setup.
Mine is similar and, on the way.

Whats the cant of your scope mount?

Just found this
<span style="font-weight: bold">
DTA and Kahles partnership</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nicholas Young</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will have our first co-branded scopes in our booth at shot show, starting with the K6-24x. Kahles is also going to produce a reticle that we have at DTA custom designed for the K6-24x, we will be showing the new reticle at Shot Show but it will not be available until March or April. The reticle was jointly designed between Myself, Russ (at DTM), and Ewen (at DTA Europe) and with feedback from SF operators in the US and UK who we know and trust.</div></div>

Via: http://www.dtacomlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3294

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eagleclaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just found this
<span style="font-weight: bold">
DTA and Kahles partnership</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nicholas Young</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will have our first co-branded scopes in our booth at shot show, starting with the K6-24x. Kahles is also going to produce a reticle that we have at DTA custom designed for the K6-24x, we will be showing the new reticle at Shot Show but it will not be available until March or April. The reticle was jointly designed between Myself, Russ (at DTM), and Ewen (at DTA Europe) and with feedback from SF operators in the US and UK who we know and trust.</div></div>

Via: http://www.dtacomlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3294
</div></div>

Haha, didn't take long for it to find its way over here!

lol, can't hide shit on the internet

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eagleclaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Setup.
Mine is similar and, on the way.

Whats the cant of your scope mount? </div></div>

It's 30moa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vinson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So say I have an SRS in .308 and I want to order a conversion kit in .338. Do you get an entire bolt or a .338 bolt head. </div></div>

Yeah, I'm asking if the kits are gonna change because of the interchangeable bolt heads on the new bolt </div></div>

Last I heard, kits are not going to change immediately.

Hopefully, at some point conversion kits will be offered with only the bolt head for less $ for individuals that have a bolt body already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vinson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So say I have an SRS in .308 and I want to order a conversion kit in .338. Do you get an entire bolt or a .338 bolt head. </div></div>

Yeah, I'm asking if the kits are gonna change because of the interchangeable bolt heads on the new bolt </div></div>

Last I heard, kits are not going to change immediately.

Hopefully, at some point conversion kits will be offered with only the bolt head for less $ for individuals that have a bolt body already. </div></div>

That's funny, I was told all conversion kits were coming with the new bolt, that's what I was also told is the big hang up on my .260 barrel.

Box up all your old bolts and ill be the bolt disposal unit. I want to try some diferent coatings on em anyways
wink.gif