• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Does anyone know who would have some Gen2 skins with the Monopod option? I am look for the Tan or Green. I asked DTA, but they are out of stock. New or used would be fine.

Depending on the skins, the skins will need to be modified to allow clearance for the little "hook" which is found on the new modular spacer system in the recoil pads. A little concentration and a dremel should do it.

Depending on the skins, the skins will need to be modified to allow clearance for the little "hook" which is found on the new modular spacer system in the recoil pads. A little concentration and a dremel should do it.

My little hooks have all broken off. How much for a replacement pad and spacers?

When it comes to fitting the A1 buttstock to the Gen2 skins, it was suggested to me, to dremel the hook off the new buttpad spacer, and to leave the Gen2 skins intact.

Which way do you think will be better?

If you are well versed with a dremel you could also modify your stock skins so you don't have to remove the hook this is what I would recommend for those with a steady hand.

I recommend doing what Nick suggests. Without the hook, nothing will be supporting the top of the recoil pad, and if you catch the top part of the recoil pad on something, you run a greater risk of tearing the tabs off down lower.

I recommend doing what Nick suggests. Without the hook, nothing will be supporting the top of the recoil pad, and if you catch the top part of the recoil pad on something, you run a greater risk of tearing the tabs off down lower.

How much for a new set of pads? My hooks are gone...

If you are well versed with a dremel you could also modify your stock skins so you don't have to remove the hook this is what I would recommend for those with a steady hand.

Thank you for the info Nick and Orkan.

I guess I should make a cut in the stock skins, and open it up just enough so the hook slides in smoothly? Can you suggest a good way to mark the skins for the cut, so the cut is in the proper place?

Thank you for the info Nick and Orkan.

I guess I should make a cut in the stock skins, and open it up just enough so the hook slides in smoothly? Can you suggest a good way to mark the skins for the cut, so the cut is in the proper place?

Please post a pic of your skins once you're done with your peoject. I would love to see how it turns out

Can you suggest a good way to mark the skins for the cut, so the cut is in the proper place?
A little rectangular divot is all that you need to take out of the skins. Use a sharpie and color up the top of the hook on the recoil pad. Next attach the recoil pad to the rifle with the skins installed. Make contact with the hook, and wiggle it around a bit. This should leave a mark on the skins where the corners of the hook is. Notch that area out carefully, so the hook can get in there. No reason to go all the way through, and no reason to have it end up looking bad unless you are impatient. :)

Can Gen 1 skins with the monopod option installed be modified to accept the A1 buttpad? To be clear ny current (gen 1) buttpad has the release catch built into the pad, rather than the skins.

Thanks

Have a question about the .308 win bolt.
What is the purpose of the moving sleeve at the back of the bolt? Why isn't it fixed?

Pearce

Pearce,
The bolt sleeve allows us to reduce the rifles length approx 1.5-2" shorter than it would have to be otherwise. That reduction allows shorter individuals to use our rifles.

Pearce,
The bolt sleeve allows us to reduce the rifles length approx 1.5-2" shorter than it would have to be otherwise. That reduction allows shorter individuals to use our rifles.

Interesting....I always wondered that as well.

Guys,
I just posted instructions for how to upgrade Gen 1 and Gen 2 guns to accept the new A1 buttpad assembly. We will be getting additional photos up stay tuned.
? View topic - How to upgrade to an SRS A1 buttpad assembly

Nick,

Thanks for the info. It's great that you are posting this. I will be putting on my A1 buttstock in a few hours.

I was not told that I would need a new bolt stop when I ordered the A1 buttstock. I guess, I need to call in and order one before I install the new buttstock?

Pearce,

Thanks Nick!
Please fill us in on why a sleeve allows the lenght to be redused..
And I just got my 22" .308 and I am speechless!
Someone really worked their brain around this rifle.

Pearce

Essentially if we didn't have the sleeve then the length of the bolt would be the same as with the sleeve extended on the existing bolt to ensure the bolt operated over the magazine and ejection hole reliably. So it would require a longer bolt channel to strip rounds from the magazines.

A1 buttstock on Gen2 Skins

Guys,
I just posted instructions for how to upgrade Gen 1 and Gen 2 guns to accept the new A1 buttpad assembly. We will be getting additional photos up stay tuned.
? View topic - How to upgrade to an SRS A1 buttpad assembly

Nick and Orkan,

Thanks for your help. I was able to get the A1 buttstock onto my Gen2 skins.

Nick,
The new design of the buttpad is nice. It is easier to put on and especially take off the gun, but it is still secure/solid on the gun. Well done.

I will post my pictures of where I made the dremel cut for buttstock here. I can delete these if you decide to put some up. I SUCK at stuff like this, so forgive the hack job. If folks have a vise to hold the skin, it will make your job much easier, and cleaner.

The buttock is very secure, and goes on and off easily.

All,
TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I am not advising that anyone do this. I am just showing that it is doable.

Finished Job:
IMG_0072.jpg IMG_0071.jpg IMG_0068.JPG

Starting out:

Mark the top of the tab/hook on the buttstock with a sharpie or some sort of marker.
IMG_0062.JPG

Line up the buttstock to the skins and lift the buttstock up so your cut is marked.
IMG_0061.JPG

Last edited:
A1 Buttstock on Gen2 Skins - Contnued

Take the skin off the gun. While you are doing this, remove the old buttstock latch, and store it with your old buttstock. You won't need it with the new buttstock.

Finish marking your cuts.
IMG_0063.jpg

Make your cuts. Cut conservatively, then open up your cut to match the buttstock hook.
IMG_0064.JPG

This was the cut when I was getting close to being finished. I smoothed out the lines before I was done.
IMG_0066.JPG

You can check the fit without putting the skins back on the gun. Just slide the buttstock on the skin This is one of the times I was checking the fit. This was close, but not quite there.
IMG_0067.JPG

This is a closeup of the buttstock hook, in the skins.
IMG_0068.JPG

Last edited:
Great, I hope they help other Gen1 and Gen2 DTA owners.

If you want the full size jpg's let me know, and I will email them to you.

Thanks it now explains why my hooks have broken off. .. bought the DTA off someone. Looks like I have a gen2 skins and the A1 buttstock, now minus the broken hooks

Wave,

Are he hooks broken off the buttstock spacer or the skins? I don't think you should need a whole buttstock replacement.

Maybe you just need to replace one spacer? That would be a lot cheaper to replace. Can you post a picture of the piece that is broken on your setup?

Last edited:
Wave,

Are he hooks broken off the buttstock spacer or the skins? I don't think you should need a whole buttstock replacement.

Maybe you just need to replace one spacer? That would be a lot cheaper to replace. Can you post a picture of the piece that is broken on your setup?

All the hooks are gone... There was only one left when I picked up this rifle. When I install the buttstock or spacers the hook would ram into the Skins.. finally it broke off.
hetahupa.jpg
adutugy8.jpg

You can see the small gap on the butt pad as well because there is no hook

If you dremel the rest of the hook off the spacer, your buttstock will sit flush against the skins, but you wont have anything at the top holding the buttstock tight up there. The old Gen2 buttstock didn't have a hook at the top so I don't know if running without the hook would be any worse then the standard Gen2 setup. Nick or Orkan may be able to say for sure.

Received my A1 buttpad and just finished modifying my gen2 skins to allow clearance of the hook. Very easy modification to do, appreciate the guys from dta chiming in and the above posters info to know it will work. Excited to get out and try the pad!

Would it be possible to remove the rubber from the old buttpad and glue the rubber from the new buttpad in it's place?

Would it be possible to remove the rubber from the old buttpad and glue the rubber from the new buttpad in it's place?

No it will not work, the old buttpad is an overmold and it would be terribly difficult to remove it when it did there is aluminum structure that would need to be machined to accomplish what you are asking. Not worth the time or money it would take to do.

I don't immediately see a reason why that wouldn't work! I'll take a closer look tomorrow.

What I done was to use one of my extra spacers and filed off the lip creating a flat surface to glue to. Works great but I'm going to spring for the new setup since I know it will work now.

8yawlz.jpg

Received my A1 buttpad and just finished modifying my gen2 skins to allow clearance of the hook. Very easy modification to do, appreciate the guys from dta chiming in and the above posters info to know it will work. Excited to get out and try the pad!

I got to try the new A1 buttpad on my Gen2 skins this weekend. We went out to shoot pistols, but we stopped by the longer range long enough to check out the DTA upgrade.

It worked as expected. We had an 11 mph wind, lined up the first shot (cold bore - clean barrel) at 710 yards. The gun hit the target as expected, using the .338LM barrel. The recoil against the shoulder felt a little smother and softer. The old pad wasn't bad, but the new one seems to impact less abruptly. I launched 4 more shots, and they all hit the gong. Again, the recoil was smooth and soft, and wasn't bad with a 285gr bullet at 2870 fps.

I didn't think the old buttpad was too bad. I could shoot 50 rounds of .338LM and wouldn't be sore. The new buttpad is softer, and the im[act seems less abrupt. I doubt it changes accuracy, but overall I think the upgrade was worth it.