Official Zero Compromise Optic News & Updates

deersniper

Notorious
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2007
Northeast
@Moose I have the 5-27 but I don't think I would miss the extra 7. This past weekend I shot my first ever paper match to 1 mile...yep....1 mile...on paper. I was at 17 power....the reason being...at 500yds the wind was dead...at 1000 yds...the wind was dead...at 1 mile...the wind was dead....at the depression between 700 to 900 yards...I could see anywhere from a 5 to 12mph gust blowing the tops of the tall grass...I wanted to keep an eye on the movement of grass as I shot my group...on a tactical style 300PRC with bipod and rear bag....this technique kept my winning group at a horizontal spread of a mere 7" or so...my vertical due to either me or most probably difference in muzzle velocity was 23" or so....for a total spread of 25.251" for my recorded 5 shot group...and all 5 were on paper...while nobody else had more than 4 on.

Everyone else was max dialed...some with expensive front mechanical rests....I feel my technique won the match and theirs hindered their potential. So, in this case.... 20x max would still be above what I needed on that particular day. I've shot out to 2500 yards with 18x....the fine floating dot center of the MPCT3 reticle simply rocks. I'm a little reluctant to say how much I actually love this recticle and scope...because it will come off as a pom pom cheering event that may sound to some as not geniune...but I do love this scope.
Impressive How do you feel about magnification for smaller hard to see targets. Like varmints

Last edited:

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
www.CSTACTICAL.com
Tomorrow is the last day!

Due to popular demand, this promo is extending through June!!!

Get up to a free $410 Spuhr mount or ARC Rings with Tenebraex Caps with your purchase of a ZC527 and ZC420 with the MPCT1 or MPCT2 from now until June 30th. We are setting this up on our site but feel free to order it and put which Spuhr mount or ARC Rings you'd like in the notes:
https://www.cstactical.com/Zero-Compromise-Optic or call us at 916-670-1103 and we will get you set up :)

ZC420 MPCT1 $3,500.00
ZC420 MPCT2 $3,500.00
ZC527 MPCT1 $3,600.00
ZC527 MPCT2 $3,600.00

Image may contain: text

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
I know all that is a rugged tool to be used and abused, but ..... seeing it sitting on the bricks like that hurts my soul.
You should see how I just toss it into the back of the car without a case.

It’s a hammer. Nothing more

Reactions: MCHOG

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2004
NY
Wow just a hammer eh? Let's see you just drop it on the ground like a hammer. Kick it some too when it's in the way.

There was a video of a receiver manufacture that did exactly that, even dropped it from a helicopter.

Can you video it too???

You should see how I just toss it into the back of the car without a case.

It’s a hammer. Nothing more

Reactions: deersniper

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Wow just a hammer eh? Let's see you just drop it on the ground like a hammer. Kick it some too when it's in the way.

There was a video of a receiver manufacture that did exactly that, even dropped it from a helicopter.

Can you video it too???
There’s plenty of people on the site that have seen me throw my shit around. If I pay $8k for a setup and it can’t take a beating, it’s junk and a waste of money.

Also, don’t be an asshole.

brianstodart

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2020
Cheshire County NH
All dressed up and ready to go!

View attachment 7326483
GORGEOUS... BEAUTY TO BEHOLD. Very nice rifle and nice taste in scope, I am Zero fans too. How may shots fired through the scope and tell me what makes the Zero compromise scope personally unique to you, because I will like to get a Zer Compromise scope as soon as possible and I am open to hearing your opinion about this scope?

Thanks and cheers.

Reactions: CSTactical

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2004
NY
Ordered my 3rd with Dan, he's hooking me up special. I'm getting a box of nails with mine :)

First day out with new Rifle and ZCO. Cleaned it, one fouling shot and bam it's a real 'hammer' at 200 yards with factory ammo.

Can't wait to work up some real loads for it. I'm sure it's going to get far better!

20200601_161026.jpg

20200601_173727.jpg

OyVey

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2020
I was set on buying a s&b but reading this thread put me on the fence.

I imagine the people at schmidt are shitting their pants right now.

Threadcutter308

Outlier
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Camano Island, Washington

Actually, you shouldn't be on the fence. The ZCO's are fantastic scopes, you won't regret it. You'll be very favorably impressed.

S & B ? Probably not shitting their pants. They do have a good product, but it appears they haven't been aggressively trying to keep up with the competition.

Hippy_Steve

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 4, 2018
Spokane, WA

I own a PMII. It's a great scope, the best I've ever owned. However, I recently got to put together a rifle for my dad with an unlimited budget, so I bought him a ZCO. I just got to look through that ZCO, and now I'm looking to sell my PMII to upgrade to the new hotness.

for the value, a used PMII can't be beat. but if you want top of the food chain, ZCO stands alone.

deersniper

Notorious
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2007
Northeast
NF > bender. That god awful brown tint. Don’t know how you people like it.

For a 6.5cm shooting groundhogs and deer from 25 yards to 1100. Probably mostly from 3-700 would you go with the 4-20 or 5-27

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2004
NY
If you need the smallest overall package you can get then go 4-20. If not can't beat the 5-27 for that extra umpf for those 1100 yard shots :)

NF > bender. That god awful brown tint. Don’t know how you people like it.

For a 6.5cm shooting groundhogs and deer from 25 yards to 1100. Probably mostly from 3-700 would you go with the 4-20 or 5-27

b2lee

Stealthy
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2018
N. KY
The ZCO 5-27 put in some work today at 1 mile...at TVP. After a while...the target gets hard to see when you knock all the paint off and the mirage starts kicking hard on such a hot...and beautiful day. Just backed down the magnification and kept hammering. Tested some 250gr A-Tip loads and they will be used in a few weeks in the next 1 mile match.

Below is the ZCO 5-27 in an MDT Chassis slinging some 250gr A-Tips in ADG Brass.... 300PRC. I think the @Precision Underground bags made things a little easier today. Was a great day to be outside and not at work. @gebhardt02 @CSTactical @MDT_OFFICIALzco_PU_TVP.png

Precision Underground

Rifle Gear
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Jun 21, 2017
Tallahassee, FL
The ZCO 5-27 put in some work today at 1 mile...at TVP. After a while...the target gets hard to see when you knock all the paint off and the mirage starts kicking hard on such a hot...and beautiful day. Just backed down the magnification and kept hammering. Tested some 250gr A-Tip loads and they will be used in a few weeks in the next 1 mile match.

Below is the ZCO 5-27 in an MDT Chassis slinging some 250gr A-Tips in ADG Brass.... 300PRC. I think the @Precision Underground bags made things a little easier today. Was a great day to be outside and not at work. @gebhardt02 @CSTactical @MDT_OFFICIALView attachment 7364384
Right on brother! 👊🏻

tsp3355

Shooting Enthusiast
Hessian
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2020
COLORADO
GORGEOUS... BEAUTY TO BEHOLD. Very nice rifle and nice taste in scope, I am Zero fans too. How may shots fired through the scope and tell me what makes the Zero compromise scope personally unique to you, because I will like to get a Zer Compromise scope as soon as possible and I am open to hearing your opinion about this scope?

Thanks and cheers.
Thanks Brian! Only about 400 rounds shot with the ZCO so far. As far as what makes it unique, I'm not sure I'd use that word because I own several scopes that perform as well or very nearly as well as the ZCO in some areas. I think what makes the ZCO special is that it's at the top of the class in just about every feature/function you look for in a top tier optic. I've had a couple of people I know and respect tell me the TTs have a very slight edge on the ZCO, but I haven't been behind one so I personally can't offer an opinion there, but I'd be hard pressed to drop another $1500 over and above what the ZCO costs because it does everything anyone needs a scope to do extremely well.

Reactions: gebhardt02