• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Official Zero Compromise Optic News & Updates

I almost exclusively use ARC M10 rings with 55 in-lbs; however, I just went with an ERA-TAC QD mount for my ZCO. ZCO has no recommendation other than not going over 25 in-lbs but says use the ring manufacturer's recommendations. Oddly enough ERA-TAC doesn't have a recommendation either (apparently nobody wants to put a number for legal/warranty purposes). What are most of you using on your rings, does the typical 15-18 in-lbs for aluminum rings apply or are you using something different?

I use a ERA-TAC mount with my tangent theta... Never a problem when using 15-18 in/lbs, even with my 300NM.

I use a ERA-TAC mount with my tangent theta... Never a problem when using 15-18 in/lbs, even with my 300NM.
One would assume ZCO could hold up just fine at 18 in-lbs, especially if they post to "not go over 25 in-lbs"

With my ZCO and ERA-TAC mounts I'm using 15 inch lbs. Mounted on a AXSR 300 NM no issues whatsoever.

I almost exclusively use ARC M10 rings with 55 in-lbs; however, I just went with an ERA-TAC QD mount for my ZCO. ZCO has no recommendation other than not going over 25 in-lbs but says use the ring manufacturer's recommendations. Oddly enough ERA-TAC doesn't have a recommendation either (apparently nobody wants to put a number for legal/warranty purposes). What are most of you using on your rings, does the typical 15-18 in-lbs for aluminum rings apply or are you using something different?

ZCO LPVO !

Is there any word on the street about development ?

~ TP

I'm curious as to how one of these would do from a company with the mindset that ZC has?
Most guys that are discerning enough to want to pay as much for a ZC optic are looking through them longer, tracking their own hits/misses, trying to distinguish fine details at far distances, etc... Whereas people that use LPVO's really just want a red dot that they can use to reach out if necessary.

They'd have to do something big that other companies haven't been able to do to sell an LPVO.

That said, If they could make something as durable as an ATACR, with the edge to edge greatness one finds in their current line, with a more generous eye box and wider field of view then the current 1-8's, and 1-10's out there... Then they might have something.
Is it possible? IDK..

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
ZCO LPVO wishlist:
1-10 F1
110-116' FOV
NF style bold lines at 3, 6 & 9
MSR style quick ranging stadias below
A FAST Christmas tree - (this isn't a precision scope)
Obviously nuclear bright
Shake to wake illumination control option
Chevron center reticle
Capped elevation, windage option
A REAL LOCKING PARALLAX 😎
.... And it has to take abuse and not puke. Impact toughness

We can dream all we want but I just don't see a ZCO LPVO in the future. This is an arena that we have about a 1000 different options, the marketplace is flooded with LPVO's in all different shapes, sizes and prices. For ZCO to make an impact (and ultimately get sales) they have to have something unique and while there is a market for high end alpha class long range scopes (like they currently manufacture) there is not nearly as much demand for high end LPVO. Granted the Vortex Gen III 1-10 seems to be doing very well but at a street price of $2k and less what would ZCO have to do to get enough sales for a competing optic that may cost quite a bit more than the current Gen III?

What I'd like to see is a new ZCO "Hunter" line where we see a weight reduction (around 30oz), 34mm tube and larger objective. Something along the lines of the Blaser Infinity series 4-20x58 design but with great turrets, internal travel can be limited (as a more hunting oriented scope we don't need 35 mrad of travel, but more than the 18.4 that TT is offering in their new hunter scope), a new FFP reticle with larger center dot (smaller dot is great for precision work but larger dot is preferred for hunting) and same great illumination controls with auto shutoff features. I'd have purchased the Blaser by now except it has turrets limited to 8 mrad of elevation and an unusable reticle for wind holds - some European manufacturer's (not named Schmidt & Bender and Minox) have great fear of anything that would be construed as "military" or "tactical", the Blaser is one example and look how hard Swarovski tries to distance itself from it's cousin Kahles. Weight is usually the biggest issue that hinders a scope from being a great "crossover" for both hunting and long range. If ZCO can reduce the weight without sacrificing quality and still maintaining a great mil hash reticle and turrets... they would get more of my money. The TT LRH (Long Range Hunter) is an interesting option but going back to a mildot style reticle just seems like a step in the wrong direction (I get the whole "usable at low mag" issue, but you can get that from many mil hash reticles today, even the MPCT1), plus as a "long range" hunter I'd prefer more than 15x on top so a lighter weight 4-20 seems ideal.

We can dream all we want but I just don't see a ZCO LPVO in the future. This is an arena that we have about a 1000 different options, the marketplace is flooded with LPVO's in all different shapes, sizes and prices. For ZCO to make an impact (and ultimately get sales) they have to have something unique and while there is a market for high end alpha class long range scopes (like they currently manufacture) there is not nearly as much demand for high end LPVO. Granted the Vortex Gen III 1-10 seems to be doing very well but at a street price of $2k and less what would ZCO have to do to get enough sales for a competing optic that may cost quite a bit more than the current Gen III?

What I'd like to see is a new ZCO "Hunter" line where we see a weight reduction (around 30oz), 34mm tube and larger objective. Something along the lines of the Blaser Infinity series 4-20x58 design but with great turrets, internal travel can be limited (as a more hunting oriented scope we don't need 35 mrad of travel, but more than the 18.4 that TT is offering in their new hunter scope), a new FFP reticle with larger center dot (smaller dot is great for precision work but larger dot is preferred for hunting) and same great illumination controls with auto shutoff features. I'd have purchased the Blaser by now except it has turrets limited to 8 mrad of elevation and an unusable reticle for wind holds - some European manufacturer's (not named Schmidt & Bender and Minox) have great fear of anything that would be construed as "military" or "tactical", the Blaser is one example and look how hard Swarovski tries to distance itself from it's cousin Kahles. Weight is usually the biggest issue that hinders a scope from being a great "crossover" for both hunting and long range. If ZCO can reduce the weight without sacrificing quality and still maintaining a great mil hash reticle and turrets... they would get more of my money. The TT LRH (Long Range Hunter) is an interesting option but going back to a mildot style reticle just seems like a step in the wrong direction (I get the whole "usable at low mag" issue, but you can get that from many mil hash reticles today, even the MPCT1), plus as a "long range" hunter I'd prefer more than 15x on top so a lighter weight 4-20 seems ideal.

I appreciate your position. Thanks for replying.
IMHO I believe THE market place for a LPVO ZCO is military and LE sales. If positioned properly , a high end 1-10 ruggedized Hunter / Military scope that shares commonality in main tube , but varies in dials and reticles could be very successful .The 5 main players at least to my knowledge are S&B , Nightforce, Steiner , Hensoldt and Leupold. All of these brands offer products that range between $2,500 and $4,000+ . If you consider many emerging militaries are about to increase their Letality by adding variable optics to their existing rifle platforms, especially India and Eastern European countries. The numbers are significant. I understand military sales are a completely different departure from commercial in regards to marketing. But the world is definitely shifting from iron sights and ACOGs. The military low powerable variable optic is about to be the dominant upgrade to the existing militaries small arms inventories. I encourage ZCO to look toward this emerging opportunity.

Reactions: Glassaholic
DSC_1386sml.jpg

Speaking of gassers, what mounts are people running on gassers to clear the rail? My preferred mount, RRS, is not available in 1.5” height.

Spuhr? No want. ARC? Didn’t like the 30mm QD-L I had. Who else?

Speaking of gassers, what mounts are people running on gassers to clear the rail? My preferred mount, RRS, is not available in 1.5” height.

Don't have one but check out eratac.

I am running into the same dilemma. I would prefer an RRS as I really like that combo with my ZCO on my bolt rifle. But no availability in 1.5" height. I talked with them and they have no immediate plans to make one as the market is still fairly small to justify it.

I am running into the same dilemma. I would prefer an RRS as I really like that combo with my ZCO on my bolt rifle. But no availability in 1.5" height. I talked with them and they have no immediate plans to make one as the market is still fairly small to justify it.
Same thing they told me. I’d really prefer something bot ARC or Spuhr, but with a built in level. Options seem limited indeed. ERA-TAC wasn’t a bad suggestion but it doesn’t tick all the boxes at once.

That ticks the boxes! They OEM for Steiner, right? I’m waiting on a cantilever 34mm for my small frame, but I ordered it from disreputable folks so I might be waiting a while.

Don't have one but check out eratac.
I put the ZCO on my Sig 716 with ERA-TAC QD Mount, it’s 1.47” high and allows the tenebraex caps to function even with sunshade. I’ll try to get pics soon. ERA-TAC allows attachments and one of those is an ACI and bubble level combo

They'd have to do something big that other companies haven't been able to do to sell an LPVO.

I don't think that is the case. I don't think it is a "big" type difference that is really needed in the LPVO sector so much as perfecting the basic concept of having a scope that can be like a red dot at close range and give you full long range functionality at the other end. Most of the scopes in this sector are significantly lacking in at least one area whether that be too much distortion, illumination that is too eye position critical, being too heavy, having generally poor optical performance, lacking good long range functionality, or the S&B just costing too much. I think the LPVO sector is still very much developing when compared to the long range tactical sector.

All that being said, I wonder about the total economics of doing a new LPVO optic. The development of these has generally proven quite expensive in the past and I'm not sure they have provided sufficient ROI for many of the companies that have done them. People seem more willing to spend $3k on their long range bolt gun optic than on their AR optic. Or, at least that is the impression I have gotten.

I would love to see a ZCO LVPO optic for the record though. I love the LVPO concept.

I don't think that is the case. I don't think it is a "big" type difference that is really needed in the LPVO sector so much as perfecting the basic concept of having a scope that can be like a red dot at close range and give you full long range functionality at the other end. Most of the scopes in this sector are significantly lacking in at least one area whether that be too much distortion, illumination that is too eye position critical, being too heavy, having generally poor optical performance, lacking good long range functionality, or the S&B just costing too much. I think the LPVO sector is still very much developing when compared to the long range tactical sector.

All that being said, I wonder about the total economics of doing a new LPVO optic. The development of these has generally proven quite expensive in the past and I'm not sure they have provided sufficient ROI for many of the companies that have done them. People seem more willing to spend $3k on their long range bolt gun optic than on their AR optic. Or, at least that is the impression I have gotten.

I would love to see a ZCO LVPO optic for the record though. I love the LVPO concept.
Agreed on all fronts.
And I guess that's what I meant by doing something that other companies can't do, as hitting that mark on this one really hasn't been done.

I had a pleasure doing testing with the ZCO in this June.
After that, nothing has felt the same, i can only been thinking of that ZC527 scope, and the glass, and the reticle and the whole thing that this scope manage to do.
Do, im going to sell all my other scopes, mounts etc and try to get money for 2 ZC527 scopes.
Or even one.
zco1.jpg

I had a pleasure doing testing with the ZCO in this June.
After that, nothing has felt the same, i can only been thinking of that ZC527 scope, and the glass, and the reticle and the whole thing that this scope manage to do.
Do, im going to sell all my other scopes, mounts etc and try to get money for 2 ZC527 scopes.
Or even one.
View attachment 7439458
That is a great shot!

Reactions: viking78
I feel the same way about the ZC scopes and own 2 of the 5X20 ZC.I am saving for another and hope they will once again offer the free ARC rings with a purchase.Might try the ZC 5X27 this time.

I have 4 ZCO and need 2-3 more but should would like the deal on spuhr mounts and ARC rings to come up again. Makes spending the 35-3600 and little easier 😬

My road for 2 ZCO is started:eek:.
i will sell all my other scopes and mounts.
I hope i would get enough money of those, so i would not need to sell my rifles.
Though i only buy 2 scopes and i have 4 rifles then, but i can swap them easily, only zero setting that makes extra work.
5-27X56 with MPCT2 reticles.

My road for 2 ZCO is started:eek:.
i will sell all my other scopes and mounts.
I hope i would get enough money of those, so i would not need to sell my rifles.
Though i only buy 2 scopes and i have 4 rifles then, but i can swap them easily, only zero setting that makes extra work.
5-27X56 with MPCT2 reticles.
Welcome to the rabbit hole Alice :LOL:

One thing that i could do with this scope was that, i could hit with this 338 Norma Magnum 300gr Sierra Matchking in to a 4" diamond steel plate over a 300-meters was, because with this scope you can set the reticle and the target so sharp image, that it feels that it is only in 100 meters away.
H11.JPG

Last edited:
absolutely love the MPCT3 reticle and got a chance to take my new scope out this past weekend at one of the local long range steel challenges at PNTC in west Virginia. I'm still working on getting my tactacam to work properly but this is some spotter footage of a shot out to 975 yards at the end of the day. As soon as I can get the tactacam just right, I will be posting much more footage with the Zero Compromise MPCT3 reticle. This footage was shot thru a phoneskope and my BTX. Again, I'd like to give a shout out to Zero Compromise for an awesome customer experience and a fantastic scope...I invite anyone in the Md area to reach out if you'd like to get some hands on with this scope if you'd like. nothing like getting the hands on before putting some coin down...I can absolutely, without a doubt say that you will not be disappointed with this glass and function of this scope!

Are those PNTC LRC matches run any better than they were a couple years ago? I remember too many squads, not enough stages, and a couple annoying loudmouths.