• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Officially hunting pit bulls...

Re: Officially hunting pit bulls...

Growing up, when my friends and I would be outside playing ball, we would periodically hit the ball into the neighbors yard...well he had one MEAN lab that was a biter...the owner was an asshole too, so it was fitting. If we hit a ball that was within reach of that dog on the rope, we would just leave it and go find another, hoping the owner would eventually toss the ball back. The dog was never trained, it just lived its life on a rope. I don't blame it for being angry.

I have 2 pits. One is full blooded and around 100lbs of panzy. The other is a Shar-Pei / pit mix. She is a bitch, but a very nice little dog. My dogs are only outside to go do their business and for walks/playing. I can honestly say, I have never been around a pit that I have felt threatened by. However, I have been backed into a corner by labs, those big ass poodles and other breads that are not typically known for aggression. Ive also damn near lost my little finger due to some little fuggin chihuahua with little man syndrome...

The owner is fully responsible for the dogs actions. If you are going to own a dog, you need to learn to read the dogs body language so you can correct bad behavior before it happens. Not to mention, you need to keep an eye on them like you would your own kid.

I'm really on the fence. My neighbor has 2 PB that are sweet dogs, but you can hear them getting after one another when they play, enough that it's intimidating. I've also seen them race as a pair out after other dogs but get called back. That has led to my neighbor being required to post an "aggressive dog" notice on their porch.

I've never had an issue with any PB, but I think the breed has some tendencies that require an alert and attentive owner. When you've got 80lbs of muscle you better have it handled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really on the fence. My neighbor has 2 PB that are sweet dogs, but you can hear them getting after one another when they play, enough that it's intimidating. </div></div>

Thats how my two dogs are. It all noise though. Not something I would feel comfortable hearing in the middle of the night in the woods or a back alley though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: montana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, shit happens, kids wonder off, and I don't trust any animals. Certain dogs much less than others.
We have 4 kids and live on a farm. They wonder off very quickly. My wife always lets me know when kids are outside because they wonder off so quickly just being kids, I don't want to run over them. Found our 2 year old on top of a grain bin the other day. That will give ya a heart attack. He was up there in just a few minutes max. They normally never leave the yard. You can't child proof the world.
Some things set animals off more than others. I've seen cows that are never a problem to work with suddenly start attacking everyone and a couple were jumping 6 foot fences simply from how one person reacts around them.

Very bad thing that happened. Please don't start throwing shit when no one knows what happened for sure, it never helps any situation! </div></div>

Yes, kids wander off....that's why when they get killed by a dog or run over by your tractor it is YOUR FAULT for not watching them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yes, kids wander off....that's why when they get killed by a dog or run over by your tractor it is YOUR FAULT for not watching them.
</div></div>

Luckily the law doesn't always see it that way. Though I do agree but only to a degree. If for example a kid runs out into the street and is hit by a drunk/distracted driver, guess who's at fault. Or if a kid is killed due to your inability to secure your yard that happens to contain dogs, guess who's at fault. If I break into your house and slip and fall and bust my ass while stealing your silver collection, guess who I'm suing... So while I agree with your overall point there are countless exceptions and the case that prompted this thread is one such exception.

I was hammered, very unexpectedly, by my good friend's pit. I had been around her hundreds of times prior to this event without any incidents, but this one day, she decided to go after me. She had a huge head, she suddenly struck my outer quad on my right leg. I had jeans on, but the canines still went through. By the time my buddy got to me, I had a huge wound in my leg, fat/tissue hanging out, etc...

In another incident, my wife was walking our new puppy basset hound at a park, got surrounded by 3 pits, and luckily escaped to the car with our dog. LEO's impounded the dogs and they were then put down. It was not the first incident with these particular dogs...

Something about pits, not sure, but I never read of kids, horses, etc getting attacked by Beagles or even German Shepherds for that matter. Media bias against pits could be a reality. These were only my experiences which are unfortunate, because I love dogs and as a result of my experiences, I now have a negative perception of pits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Luckily the law doesn't always see it that way. Though I do agree but only to a degree. If for example a kid runs out into the street and is hit by a drunk/distracted driver, guess who's at fault. Or if a kid is killed due to your inability to secure your yard that happens to contain dogs, guess who's at fault. If I break into your house and slip and fall and bust my ass while stealing your silver collection, guess who I'm suing... So while I agree with your overall point there are countless exceptions and the case that prompted this thread is one such exception. </div></div>

You misread my post. If your child has wandered beyond your ability to protect them due to your lack of attention or supervision...... IT IS YOUR FAULT.

There can be all manner of legal/criminal outcomes to others but at the end of the day, you failed Parenting 101.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some dogs are bad most are good. If you are a jack ass around them expect to get bit.

A person has to know how to act around a dog. It sucks that people do not know these things. I had a neighbor and his boy that would taunt my other neighbors dog. I told him he should stop because he is just making the dog mad. He told me "If he bits he will be put down." I told the dog owner and started shooting his kid with a paint ball marker every so often. Nothing crys like a kid who was hit in the ballzack with a paint ball. I got the Dad a few times also. Dad never cryed but I got him in the butt with one that did not break and his kid was behind him with a stick. I am laughing right now but still fee bad that kid got a licken for that one.

They moved a few years after that. Too bad I had to start my own garden after they moved. There </div></div>

Is any part of that true?</div></div>

Yes all of it is true. The kid was probably 7 to 9. It was not like I hit the kid with paint every day or even once a week but he got hit far less than he should have. Little fucker would tease that dog all the time. His dad was ok with it and doing it also. It got so bad the owner could not let his dog out in his own fenced in yard without having to be out with it. This dog was just this big ball of fat that just wanted to eat and go outside and sniff everything then lay in the shade and nap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was hammered, very unexpectedly, by my good friend's pit. I had been around her hundreds of times prior to this event without any incidents, but this one day, she decided to go after me. She had a huge head, she suddenly struck my outer quad on my right leg. I had jeans on, but the canines still went through. By the time my buddy got to me, I had a huge wound in my leg, fat/tissue hanging out, etc...

In another incident, my wife was walking our new puppy basset hound at a park, got surrounded by 3 pits, and luckily escaped to the car with our dog. LEO's impounded the dogs and they were then put down. It was not the first incident with these particular dogs...

Something about pits, not sure, but I never read of kids, horses, etc getting attacked by Beagles or even German Shepherds for that matter. Media bias against pits could be a reality. These were only my experiences which are unfortunate, because I love dogs and as a result of my experiences, I now have a negative perception of pits. </div></div>

The biggest problem with Pits is that they look tough. That makes people who want to look tough too buy them. When the dog doesn't live up to it's image they abuse the dog and try to make it mean. My wife and I work with the Pitbull Rescue of San Diego and we see all kinds. But NONE of them are beyond help, NONE of them are just evil. Let me give you all some tips when meeting/dealing with Dogs.

1) Don't look a dog in the eyes (stare) when you meet them. In the wild this means you think they are food. The best thing to do when you meet a dog for the first time is to ignore them. This the biggest problem with scary looking or good looking dogs. People are scared so the fixate on them and then the dog feels threatened so a problem arises.
- Don't stare at them
- Don't stick your hand in their face so they can smell you. They can smell you from 15 yards.
- Let them smell you on their own and when they ignore you it's generally safe.

2) Some dogs are naturally suspicious of strange people. The more suspicious you look the more they will pay attention to you.

3) Some dogs have a natural prey drive, if you run they will chase you. For instance, my dog will chase you and may nip or mouth you but won't bite you to cause injury.

4) Don't assume that a wagging tail means they are happy. There is A LOT more to it then just wagging. How high in the air is the tail? What is it's head doing, is it raised, lowered, top of the head in line with the back? How about the ears, are they up, back and down, out to the side and down?
- This area is why most children are bit. They don't understand emotion at all and can't read anything about the dog.
- Most adults are here too... They don't understand the language a dog uses to communicate with them. Imagine if you only understood 3 sentences in English and nothing else. How much trouble could you get in?

More people are bit by smaller breeds then any other breed. Wanna know why? The dog is smaller and is naturally more fearful of everyone. Wanna know why you never hear about it? The dog is smaller and therefore can do less damage so people put a few band aides on their hand/fingers and forget about it and you never hear about it.

My point is, don't judge a breed based on a few incidents. I understand if the only experiences you've had with a breed have been bad then it will affect your opinion. But, that's the same reason racism exists.

All Muslims aren't bad people just because there is a large group of them who want all non believers dead.

Pitbulls are the same way.

For every bad experience you can find 100 great experiences.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Luckily the law doesn't always see it that way. Though I do agree but only to a degree. If for example a kid runs out into the street and is hit by a drunk/distracted driver, guess who's at fault. Or if a kid is killed due to your inability to secure your yard that happens to contain dogs, guess who's at fault. If I break into your house and slip and fall and bust my ass while stealing your silver collection, guess who I'm suing... So while I agree with your overall point there are countless exceptions and the case that prompted this thread is one such exception. </div></div>

You misread my post. If your child has wandered beyond your ability to protect them due to your lack of attention or supervision...... IT IS YOUR FAULT.

There can be all manner of legal/criminal outcomes to others but at the end of the day, you failed Parenting 101.

</div></div>

Sorry, I got hung up on the legal side of it but you're right, ultimate fault is with the negligent parent who in this case shouldn't have let the child out of his sight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deputy Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deputy Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not so much owner/dog for my arguement. Mine would be, saying it on the internet is one of two things. Pure bullshit and you will not follow through or a confession of premeditated destruction of another's persons property. </div></div>

If i accidentaly run the dog over, I'll PM you a pic. Accidents happen on country roads especially when dogs wander off property. </div></div>

You said a Shepard almost bit you while on a run and then offered you kisses after you drew down on it. It's like you have a beast mode button. Angry dog blast that fucker. No wait, its not angry. Puppy kisses yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh.

This would have been avoided if you were at home talking shit on the Internet. Like it says above. Pure Bullshit. You are on a mission to kill these dogs. Don't back down now. Walk up to homes and exterminate these foul vermin. Kids playing with dog in yard. Bang. No more pit. Dog in fenced in yard. Bang. No more pit. If it was an unfenced pool would you drain the water out of every pool in the great state of Texas? </div></div>

That's exactly what happened. I like must just as much as the next guy, so no, I didn't put it down. What I did was run to the house, get in the truck, and went back to talk to the home owner. Turns out his Sheppard has a bad habit of getting off his leash and doing this often. And, he has no issue with it being hammered if need be. Imagine running down a country road, and a 100 pound dog tearing ass after you. Only you never see him until you hear his jewels at the very last second. I'm glad I took the extra 2 seconds to assess, as he changed his mind..

Drink some genny and eat a taster cake, take it easy. </div></div>

Holy shit, are you insulting me or is that something nice in Tx. Genny? Taster Cake?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: battle-scarred</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
motodog said:
good pit=dead pit!!!!!!!piss of if you dont agree. </div></div>

so basically, you are saying that you are a little girl that is scared of dogs? Because thats what im reading. piss off if you dont agree.yea im a little sissy you are a homo hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah your a fag hahahah

RetardAlert.gif

You guys are right, it isn't the breed it's how they're raised. Any dog can be trained/raised to be aggressive.

Thing is, I'd rather be attacked by a pack of 20 vicious Yorkies or Dachshunds as opposed to one Pitbull. The amount of damage these animals can inflict is tremendous and devastating.

Prayers to the family of the young boy, may he rest in peace.

ok to whoever fuckin cares to read this you all know my opinion about pits.i have earned that right as i was mauled by one of the fuckers as a child and still carey the scares on my face from the thing when it ripped the left side of my face almost off.i was 6 years old and lived in billings montana. i dont bash you fools that say they are a great dog.so if you dont like my opinion YOU CAN GO FUCKYOURSELF. know that should really get some of you hoppin. hahahaha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

If you break into my house..... it won't matter what you break or where you fall because chances are you wont be walking out. And I think most Americans feel that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok to whoever fuckin cares to read this you all know my opinion about pits.i have earned that right as i was mauled by one of the fuckers as a child and still carey the scares on my face from the thing when it ripped the left side of my face almost off.i was 6 years old and lived in billings montana. i dont bash you fools that say they are a great dog.so if you dont like my opinion YOU CAN GO FUCKYOURSELF. know that should really get some of you hoppin. hahahaha </div></div>

Do you TRY to be a dumb ass or does it just come natural?!
So you post this shit to get a rise out of people?

I have multiple stories of pitbulls saving lives and making a difference. Not to mention they are highly loved and valued family members. It sucks that happened to you but stop trying to act like every dog named pitbull is a menace, that is not true.

yea kys i think most of my statment was directed at you.just my opinion though.

Confirmation stands on motodog.

He is full bore retard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
OJ9Yg.jpg
</div></div>

I agree, it's the same things they do with guns. First it was junk guns, then Uzi's, then AK47's, then AR15's, then anything they can call a "semi-automatic assautl rifle".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok to whoever fuckin cares to read this you all know my opinion about pits.i have earned that right as i was mauled by one of the fuckers as a child and still carey the scares on my face from the thing when it ripped the left side of my face almost off.i was 6 years old and lived in billings montana. i dont bash you fools that say they are a great dog.so if you dont like my opinion YOU CAN GO FUCKYOURSELF. know that should really get some of you hoppin. hahahaha </div></div>

So you base all your logic and judgement off of a single incident? Do you do the same with people? And what does where you lived at the time matter? I did hear pitbulls were nastier in Montana...

so you like the other people have never met the wrong end of a pitbull i see.i have but its wrong for me to judge them how i do?yea it pisses me off to no end.no my logic and judgement are not based off a single event.have you ever been around a pit yourself and why are you so fast to defend them?i have a close friend that has 2 female presa-canarios and i would judge them the same becuse i have seen them go at a person.another friend put a bullet into his pit cause it snapped his childs finger with out any reason.his current pit seems to be a nice dog but would i trust the dog to be with my newborn fuck no.you guys can have your mutts and trust them if you please.im not wrong or an asshole to feel the way i do about that breed.all i can say is you sure never hear about the bichon freesa that tore out a childs throat or the beagle that mauled the mailman.good fuckin night

I don't like your opinion... but I understand where your feelings come from. You were attacked by a dog, I expect that you would be anxious with any dog resembling that dog that attacked you.

I feel that it's like a person who was mugged and beaten half to death by a Black man. Should that person blame EVERY Black person for what one did? I mean look at the prison system. Filled with Blacks and Latinos... does that mean they are all bad? What about all the skin heads in prison. Wait, now it's all African Americans, Latin Americans, and Caucasian Americans are bad. That means I'm bad.

I respect your opinion... of the dog that attacked you. Don't lump all PB's into the same category.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so you like the other people have never met the wrong end of a pitbull i see.i have but its wrong for me to judge them how i do?yea it pisses me off to no end.no my logic and judgement are not based off a single event.have you ever been around a pit yourself and why are you so fast to defend them?i have a close friend that has 2 female presa-canarios and i would judge them the same becuse i have seen them go at a person.another friend put a bullet into his pit cause it snapped his childs finger with out any reason.his current pit seems to be a nice dog but would i trust the dog to be with my newborn fuck no.you guys can have your mutts and trust them if you please.im not wrong or an asshole to feel the way i do about that breed.all i can say is you sure never hear about the bichon freesa that tore out a childs throat or the beagle that mauled the mailman.good fuckin night </div></div>

I've been bitten by more then a few dogs and yes more then one Pitbull. Mostly because I work with dogs who have issues. I see where you are coming from but it's not the breed. Oh, I've had stitches from a Beagle.

alright already since you took on a beagle i can trust ya.lol there is no way anyone will change my mind about pits sorry just isnt gonna happin.my opinion is that i dont like em and the world wouldnt miss em if they were gone.if you got a good one im happy for you. thanks for the conversation and have a good night sir

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical Sasquatch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the 4 year old that got killed and the lady above with her legs torn to pieces, they are jackasses? Oh, and you get enjoyment for shooting kids in the "ballzack"? Awesome. </div></div>

You missed the bit at the end about him having to start his own garden after they moved. We might have a zucchini thief on our hands here.

fp2wkl.jpg

Happier times? </div></div>

Let's refrain from posting pics of your date last night Veer.....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eLaKUCEV3SY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eLaKUCEV3SY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">alright already since you took on a beagle i can trust ya.lol there is no way anyone will change my mind about pits sorry just isnt gonna happin.my opinion is that i dont like em and the world wouldnt miss em if they were gone.if you got a good one im happy for you. thanks for the conversation and have a good night sir </div></div>

Well I feel bad about that because you will never give the PB a chance to change your opinion.

I feel bad for you because I've had many dogs and I've never been closer to any of them then I have my PB. You'll never experience that connection. These dogs were bred to fight yes, but they were also bred to love humans traditionally. They were called "Nanny Dogs" in England because they used to keep watch over infants and toddlers and basically perform the duties that we use "baby monitors" for now. If the baby started crying the dog would run and go get the parents.

Ozzie is my best friend and goes everywhere with me. He's 6 now, I often think about when he passes away, how I will handle that.

It probably attacked you because it knew you were a mentally underdeveloped, genetically inferior specimen of the breed and it would benefit the human race to kill you......just sayin
wink.gif

Oh BTW, if you want to argue that you are not intellectually underdeveloped, drop a couple of examples of your writing off to an elementary teacher. When they pass out because it makes their brain cramp you'll have your proof.

"know that shewd get u hoppin hahahahahaha "

The above quote is apparently native Montanan for "Now that should get you hopping"

it's clear to me that motodog ate paint chips as a kid..... reading what he attempted to type is a challenge in itself. It's nearly impossible to decipher.

My sister had a Boxer it was worthless....But so was how my sister raised it. So I couldn't blame him 100% for his actions until he destroyed the interior in my 85 Monte Carlo. He chewed and ate everything but was great with kids. He would tear your leg off around the kids if he didn't know you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so you like the other people have never met the wrong end of a pitbull i see.i have but its wrong for me to judge them how i do?yea it pisses me off to no end.no my logic and judgement are not based off a single event.have you ever been around a pit yourself and why are you so fast to defend them?i have a close friend that has 2 female presa-canarios and i would judge them the same becuse i have seen them go at a person.another friend put a bullet into his pit cause it snapped his childs finger with out any reason.his current pit seems to be a nice dog but would i trust the dog to be with my newborn fuck no.you guys can have your mutts and trust them if you please.im not wrong or an asshole to feel the way i do about that breed.all i can say is you sure never hear about the bichon freesa that tore out a childs throat or the beagle that mauled the mailman.good fuckin night </div></div>

You're typing on your phone I hope... I own 2 mixed breeds with Pit in them, my mother has a pit, several of my friends have pits, so yes... I've had 1 or 2 experiences with the breed. As for not allowing them around a newborn... you shouldn't allow ANY dog around a newborn then. See below...

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/oct/09/local/me-34015

There will be no convincing MotoTard of anything different. As a responsible parent you should not let any animal near your newborn/infant/toddler. They don't understand animals and have no idea how to behave around them.

I got bit by a snapping turtle when I was in lower school once. It was my fault completely. I have a scar as well, I guess this makes all turtles vicious and we should kill them all.

What's funny here is that everyone reading this now knows what a dimwit motodog is.... judging something before understanding it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got bit by a snapping turtle when I was in lower school once. It was my fault completely. I have a scar as well, I guess this makes all turtles vicious and we should kill them all. </div></div>

I hear turtles taste good... lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There will be no convincing MotoTard of anything different. As a responsible parent you should not let any animal near your newborn/infant/toddler. They don't understand animals and have no idea how to behave around them.

I got bit by a snapping turtle when I was in lower school once. It was my fault completely. I have a scar as well, I guess this makes all turtles vicious and we should kill them all.

What's funny here is that everyone reading this now knows what a dimwit motodog is.... judging something before understanding it. </div></div>

Interesting conclusion. I can tell you that at least one reader of this thread (who doesn't have any real experience with or opinion of pit bulls) has come away with the impression that some other folks are dimwits.

Clearly that dog also took a large portion of mototard's brain as well.
I wonder if that dog knows "Gimme your paw"? I'd like to shake its hand.

Here's the most vicious Pit Bull I've ever seen.
Something definitely needs to be done about this overly blood thirsty breed...

imag0546p.jpg

imag0281j.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics.php </div></div>

Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14% (huge disparity is telling and 73% of all dog attack are from these two breeds).

Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13).

During 1997 and 1998, at least 27 people died of dog bite attacks (18 in 1997 and 9 in 1998). At least 25 breeds of dogs were involved in 238 human dog bite related fatalities during the past 20 years. Pit bulls and rottweilers were involved in over half of these fatalities and from 1997 to 1998 were involved in 67%

Biters are 6.2 times as likely to be male than female
Biters are 2.6 times as likely to be intact than neutered Biters are 2.8 times as likely to be chained as unchained

My son is severely disabled and has a pit-bull as a service dog. He is an exceptional dog and has been thoroughly trained. The only difference between a pitbull and any other dog is that it is physically capable of doing a lot of damage due to its natural strength. Just with any other dog if neglected it can have a bad temperament. This is strictly the result of bad ownership, not of a bad dog.

Additionally, little ankle biters attack people all the time. They just don't do much/any damage.

squid im glad for your son and sorry to hear of his problems,i hope it never holds him back but i will never see the use for the breed.that is how i feel and there is nothing that will change my mind.i have 3 dogs myself so yes i do feel the attachment to them that some feel towards pits so im not a hartless asshole like a few people on here seem to think but then agian they are on the internet and not having a face to face.hope you all have a grand day.thanks

"This is strictly the result of bad ownership, not of a bad dog."

Squid nailed it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics.php </div></div>

Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14% (huge disparity is telling and 73% of all dog attack are from these two breeds).

Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13).

During 1997 and 1998, at least 27 people died of dog bite attacks (18 in 1997 and 9 in 1998). At least 25 breeds of dogs were involved in 238 human dog bite related fatalities during the past 20 years. Pit bulls and rottweilers were involved in over half of these fatalities and from 1997 to 1998 were involved in 67%

Biters are 2.6 times as likely to be intact than neutered Biters are 2.8 times as likely to be chained as unchained

</div></div>

DaveD and High Binder,
That website is an ANTI PITBULL website. It's obvious if you read the website they have an agenda. They lump all of these breeds into the "Pitbull" category. American Pitbull Terrier, American Bulldog, French Bull Dog, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, etc. And some highly uneducated reporters even report Boxers as Pitbulls. Those statistics are inflated to force a negative public opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics.php </div></div>

</div></div>

DaveD and High Binder,
That website is an ANTI PITBULL website. It's obvious if you read the website they have an agenda. They lump all of these breeds into the "Pitbull" category. American Pitbull Terrier, American Bulldog, French Bull Dog, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, etc. And some highly uneducated reporters even report Boxers as Pitbulls. Those statistics are inflated to force a negative public opinion. </div></div>
I got the same thing you did out of it OMT
ANTI PB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_Bull

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

DaveD and High Binder,
That website is an ANTI PITBULL website. It's obvious if you read the website they have an agenda. They lump all of these breeds into the "Pitbull" category. American Pitbull Terrier, American Bulldog, French Bull Dog, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, etc. And some highly uneducated reporters even report Boxers as Pitbulls. Those statistics are inflated to force a negative public opinion. </div></div>

They specially said "pit bull type" dogs and in the FAQ section said:
<span style="color: #3333FF">
"Q: What is a pit bull type dog?

A pit bull type dog is a combination of dog breeds that includes the American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog1 and any other pure bred or mixed breed dog that is a combination of these dogs. Weight and shape can vary significantly amongst pit bull type dogs, from 35 to 100 plus pounds. (Please see Disguise Breed Name to learn more about the deliberate renaming and mislabeling of pit bulls throughout history.)"</span>

I have no doubt they have an agenda, that much is obvious but they also aren't trying to hide anything about their numbers or how they're derived.... That being said however, don't shoot the messenger, I only quoted interesting "facts" from their site, I didn't take a stance on the issue.

Who the fuck came up with pitbull type dog? A pitbull is an American pitbull terrier or it's not a pitbull.