• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Officially hunting pit bulls...

Re: Officially hunting pit bulls...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That being said however, don't shoot the messenger, I only quoted interesting "facts" from their site, I didn't take a stance on the issue. </div></div>

I know that you didn't but when all you do is quote some statistics from their website and say nothing else, you leave everyone wondering what you hope to accomplish from the post... negative or positive?

I agree there is MUCH over breeding. I do believe you should need a license to breed ANY dog and I think it should be mandatory if you don't have a license to breed that your dog should be neutered or spayed.

WAY too many PB's in the shelter systems to warrant breeding them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who the fuck came up with pitbull type dog? A pitbull is an American pitbull terrier or it's not a pitbull. </div></div>

No no... Pitbull type dogs are any dog that bite and do damage and look scary... people like the ones who own that website are why I have to look around 4x as much to find an apartment or condo because they don't accept "Pitbull type dogs". They lump Bull Dogs (British, American, and French), ALL of the bull terrier breeds, Presa Canarios, Dogo Argentino, and sometimes Boxers in the same category.

There's a whole county (I think) in Colorado that outlawed them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

DaveD and High Binder,
That website is an ANTI PITBULL website. It's obvious if you read the website they have an agenda. They lump all of these breeds into the "Pitbull" category. American Pitbull Terrier, American Bulldog, French Bull Dog, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, etc. And some highly uneducated reporters even report Boxers as Pitbulls. Those statistics are inflated to force a negative public opinion. </div></div>

They specially said "pit bull type" dogs and in the FAQ section said:
<span style="color: #3333FF">
"Q: What is a pit bull type dog?

A pit bull type dog is a combination of dog breeds that includes the American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog1 and any other pure bred or mixed breed dog that is a combination of these dogs. Weight and shape can vary significantly amongst pit bull type dogs, from 35 to 100 plus pounds. (Please see Disguise Breed Name to learn more about the deliberate renaming and mislabeling of pit bulls throughout history.)"</span>

I have no doubt they have an agenda, that much is obvious but they also aren't trying to hide anything about their numbers or how they're derived.... That being said however, don't shoot the messenger, I only quoted interesting "facts" from their site, I didn't take a stance on the issue. </div></div>

Keep in mind they are compiling their statistics from "reported" cases. Most people that get bit by smaller dogs such as Chihuahuas or other ankle biters are not likely to report since the injury was not likely as substantial or needing medical attention. It's also been mentioned that the website was puffing statistics with cases claiming attacks that were merely cases where a plaintiff was charged by an animal and not actually attacked. That too is more likely to be reported when involving a breed that's been maligned by media as opposed to someones poodle who most people would ignore. Any Statistics Professor will agree that statistics are subjective to the influence of the group accounting for them.

Since you're not taking a stance then how about some more reading from a different perspective. Pitbull's are considered "America's Most Abused Dog"...

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/pit_bull_resources.html

This is interesting, almost 3 pages of idiocy.
The only thing I'll ever remember from it is Shankster's veering away from the internet ass kicking threats, and dolling out a "virtual internet pussy kicking".
Fucking classic.
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Keep in mind they are compiling their statistics from "reported" cases. Most people that get bit by smaller dogs such as Chihuahuas or other ankle biters are not likely to report since the injury was not likely as substantial or needing medical attention. It's also been mentioned that the website was puffing statistics with cases claiming attacks that were merely cases where a plaintiff was charged by an animal and not actually attacked. That too is more likely to be reported when involving a breed that's been maligned by media as opposed to someones poodle who most people would ignore. Any Statistics Professor will agree that statistics are subjective to the influence of the group accounting for them. </div></div>

YES... this is huge. I've been bitten by a Chihuahua, a Shitzu, a Medium Sized Husky, a Beagle, a American PB Terrier, and a Poodle. ALL made me bleed but I didn't report any of them though I maybe should have gotten stitches for the Husky bite.

This friggin' dog... I'm at a dog park with my Pit and there's another Pit there ballin' with his owner minding his own business. The Husky's owner comes in... ON ROLLER BLADES, let the Husky go and the Husky makes a B line for the other Pit and immediately gets in a fight with him. The Husky owner came over and he and the Pits own separate the dogs and the Pit owner immediately police's up his stuff and leaves. The Husky owner tells the dog no a couple of times and lets him go, meanwhile I'm putting my Pit on his leash preparing to leave and the Husky leaves his owner and makes a B line for Ozzie and I. Ozzie is Alert and Postured, I maneuver in front of Ozzie and tell the Dog "NO" and he picks up speed towards us, I backhanded him and he got up and tried to come again and Ozzie broadsided him and pinned him down. I pulled Ozzie off and the dog jumped up and lunged and Ozzie and I and got my hand gashing my finger. My wife took Ozzie and immediately went outside the fenced in area while I chewed the owners ass about having control of his dog and if his dog has tendencies like that he shouldn't bring him to the dog park. It's idiots like this guy who make it rough for other dog owners. The idiot said, "if I shouldn't bring him to the dog park then how am I supposed to get him socialized better?" I almost punched him...

ALL pitbulls are flesh tearing bone crushing blood thirsty worthless useless peices of shit!

and

ALL gun owners are psychotic crazy redneck douche bag wannabe end of days butt fucks!

RIGHT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: montana</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> that one will piss me off really quick.</div></div>

Who gives a fuck? As if we care...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This friggin' dog... I'm at a dog park with my Pit and there's another Pit there ballin' with his owner minding his own business. The Husky's owner comes in... ON ROLLER BLADES, let the Husky go and the Husky makes a B line for the other Pit and immediately gets in a fight with him. The Husky owner came over and he and the Pits own separate the dogs and the Pit owner immediately police's up his stuff and leaves. The Husky owner tells the dog no a couple of times and lets him go, meanwhile I'm putting my Pit on his leash preparing to leave and the Husky leaves his owner and makes a B line for Ozzie and I. Ozzie is Alert and Postured, I maneuver in front of Ozzie and tell the Dog "NO" and he picks up speed towards us, I backhanded him and he got up and tried to come again and Ozzie broadsided him and pinned him down. I pulled Ozzie off and the dog jumped up and lunged and Ozzie and I and got my hand gashing my finger. My wife took Ozzie and immediately went outside the fenced in area while I chewed the owners ass about having control of his dog and if his dog has tendencies like that he shouldn't bring him to the dog park. It's idiots like this guy who make it rough for other dog owners. The idiot said, "if I shouldn't bring him to the dog park then how am I supposed to get him socialized better?" I almost punched him... </div></div>

You showed great restraint in not beating the husky owner's ass into a pulp, he deserves it and doesn't deserve the husky. Who roller blades anyway?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This friggin' dog... I'm at a dog park with my Pit and there's another Pit there ballin' with his owner minding his own business. The Husky's owner comes in... ON ROLLER BLADES, let the Husky go and the Husky makes a B line for the other Pit and immediately gets in a fight with him. The Husky owner came over and he and the Pits own separate the dogs and the Pit owner immediately police's up his stuff and leaves. The Husky owner tells the dog no a couple of times and lets him go, meanwhile I'm putting my Pit on his leash preparing to leave and the Husky leaves his owner and makes a B line for Ozzie and I. Ozzie is Alert and Postured, I maneuver in front of Ozzie and tell the Dog "NO" and he picks up speed towards us, I backhanded him and he got up and tried to come again and Ozzie broadsided him and pinned him down. I pulled Ozzie off and the dog jumped up and lunged and Ozzie and I and got my hand gashing my finger. My wife took Ozzie and immediately went outside the fenced in area while I chewed the owners ass about having control of his dog and if his dog has tendencies like that he shouldn't bring him to the dog park. It's idiots like this guy who make it rough for other dog owners. The idiot said, "if I shouldn't bring him to the dog park then how am I supposed to get him socialized better?" I almost punched him... </div></div>

You showed great restraint in not beating the husky owner's ass into a pulp, he deserves it and doesn't deserve the husky. Who roller blades anyway? </div></div>

Its douchebag owners like that who will give any breed a bad name.

Had a similar instance the other day with my cur. We run the woods every day after work for a few miles, where he trees squirrels, coons & ditch tigers. Anyhoo, on the way to the woods, there are fields where other dogs play ball & shit. Every now & again, there is a testosterone fueled douche that brings his 'tuff guy' dog down to impress himself show off to any other dog owners in the park...

On this particular occasion, it was a "dog trainer" and his massive Tosa (jap fighting mastiff). Dog trainer, my azz that dog was a ticking timebomb! That dog blindsided my pup & tried inhaling him with a full bite over his back!!!
Luckily, my pup is fast as lightning and spun out of the bite. Then, much to my enjoyment, my pup proceeded to OPEN A CAN OF WHOOP-AZZ on that Tosa. I mean, that 180lb. dog was turnin' I spinning away like a cull when he had 50lbs of slashing red devil up in his jowls. I left my dog down until the "trainer" could get a handle on his beast. I just had to call my little squirt off. My pup got this from the sneak attack, puncture from a lower left canine. The dog's mouth was so big that the upper canines where on the other side of my dog's spine! They didn't break skin, only this one
2012-03-27_17-46-13_473.jpg

If my pup hadn't have quickly spun away, he'd prolly have gotten his spine crushed. Then....the Tosa would've bled out from gettin' pigstuck via Benchmade and the "trainer" would be lookin' for his teeth in the grass.
Thankfully, none of that happened
smile.gif
And after the whole fiasco, I could see the "trainer"'s ego was sufficiently shattered after his dog got OWNED by one 1/4 its size. So we just went on to the woods, had a nice run & I patched him up later...

Moral of the story? I don't blame that dog, I blame his douche owner for being a douche & thinking that he had some magical control over a hair trigger dog, off lead.
He was only kidding himself.

Unfortunately we can't legislate against douchbaggery anymore than we can legislate against shitty parenting. SO... crap like that is gonna happen from time to time, sadly enough.

Poor kid, never shoulda happened.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PIT BULLS.... as the name applies.... were bred to fight/kill..
bill larson </div></div>

And you got that erroneous fact from where? They were actually breed originally for hunting and driving cattle as catch dogs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PIT BULLS.... as the name applies.... were bred to fight/kill..
bill larson </div></div>

And you got that erroneous fact from where? They were actually breed originally for hunting and driving cattle as catch dogs. </div></div>

Blue Heelers are named that because they have blue heels.

You can guess how the Mississippi Leg Hound got it's name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuel for the fire?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4212677/Five-cops-savaged-by-mad-pitbull.html </div></div>

The Owner named him "Poison" and was being served a warrant for his arrest... I'm sure that dog received a loving upbringing with absolutely no irresponsibility on the owners part...

http://indigorescue.org/?page_id=83

Oh, lets ban Dachshunds, Chihuahuas, Cocker Spaniels, Beagles, and Jack Russels because they are all ranked higher than the Pit Bull for aggression/bites against people. If you want a pointless crusade against something that kills tons of people, do some research on tobacco products. Killing more people annually than car crashes, guns, suicide bombers, medical malpractice, and Pit Bulls worldwide.......combined.

Update.

My neighbor is the guy that picks up bodies and has to be there when the JP pronounces. He said the little boy was found in the dog house when the owner went out to feed the muts. He is very disturbed by this and he sees it all. Took him 12 hours to prep an open casket. The dog took him to his house and basically chewed on him for a while. When he arrived on scene, and saw the little legs sticking out of the dog house his heart broke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PIT BULLS.... as the name applies.... were bred to fight/kill..
bill larson </div></div>

^^^^^That might be the dumbest thing I have heard in awhile.

They were bred to control cattle, mainly BULLS!

hey kys is he dumber than i am.its funny that just becuse someone disagrees with you and a few other people on here over a breed of dog that we are the retards! i like that you guys cant understand that another person may have a differant view on things.at least i will say that i respect the opinions of others even if i dont agree.oh and by the way yea my screen name motodog is becuse he has been a very loyal friend to me and has had a long happy doggy life and will continue to do so until he shows signs of unwarranted agression.i hope you and the other fellows have a grand evening.

OK motodog.....

First you say all pitbulls should die. Now you understand they hold a place in some of our hearts....

Then if we dont agree with you, we can fuck off. Yet now you are understanding of the situation that some of us dont get your opinion, but you said earlier you didnt care what we thought.

You sling cuss words at us, then say your not bashing us for liking the breed. But we can fuck off if you don't like what you have have to say.

So which is it? You clearly have no clue what to say now, your trying to back peddle. Your posts just aren't making much sense.

You still haven't answered any of the questions that were laid out for you....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey kys is he dumber than i am.its funny that just becuse someone disagrees with you and a few other people on here over a breed of dog that we are the retards! i like that you guys cant understand that another person may have a differant view on things.at least i will say that i respect the opinions of others even if i dont agree.oh and by the way yea my screen name motodog is becuse he has been a very loyal friend to me and has had a long happy doggy life and will continue to do so until he shows signs of unwarranted agression.i hope you and the other fellows have a grand evening. </div></div>

He wasn't trying to relay it as a "Different View" but as a fact which was erroneous. And would you turn on spell check or at least learn some punctuation... I sponsor a 9 year old in Guatemala that can write better and with less effort to read...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuel for the fire?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4212677/Five-cops-savaged-by-mad-pitbull.html </div></div>

I'm sure lots of people will disagree, but they violently kicked in the door of the persons house & ran into the dog, the dog made a very good account for itself as a guard dog.

You bash doors in, you sometimes find out that some people or some animals have a bit of a backbone.

How is the dog to know that the people smashing in are not the local drug dealers and robbers who do the same thing regularly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: W54/XM-388</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuel for the fire?

I'm sure lots of people will disagree, but they violently kicked in the door of the persons house & ran into the dog, the dog made a very good account for itself as a guard dog.

You play storm troopers, you sometimes find out that some people or some animals have a bit of a backbone.

How is the dog to know that the people smashing in are not the local drug dealers and robbers who do the same thing regularly. </div></div>

But don't all trained animals know the difference between cops and robbers? It was purely the aggressive nature of the mixed breed... lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good pit=dead pit!!!!!!!piss of if you dont agree. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
so basically, you are saying that you are a little girl that is scared of dogs? Because thats what im reading. piss off if you dont agree.yea im a little sissy you are a homo hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah your a fag hahahah </div></div>

Ok, well you are clearly scared of a pitbull. So what does the classify you as?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok to whoever fuckin cares to read this you all know my opinion about pits.i have earned that right as i was mauled by one of the fuckers as a child and still carey the scares on my face from the thing when it ripped the left side of my face almost off.i was 6 years old and lived in billings montana. <span style="color: #FF0000">i dont bash you fools that say they are a great dog.so if you dont like my opinion YOU CAN GO FUCKYOURSELF.</span> know that should really get some of you hoppin. hahahaha </div></div>

OK, read above statements. You clearly do care what our opinions are because you keep coming back to argue about them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so you like the other people have never met the wrong end of a pitbull i see.i have but its wrong for me to judge them how i do?yea it pisses me off to no end.<span style="color: #FF0000">no my logic and judgement are not based off a single event</span>.have you ever been around a pit yourself and why are you so fast to defend them?i have a close friend that has 2 female presa-canarios and i would judge them the same becuse i have seen them go at a person.another friend put a bullet into his pit cause it snapped his childs finger with out any reason.his current pit seems to be a nice dog but would i trust the dog to be with my newborn fuck no.you guys can have your mutts and trust them if you please.im not wrong or an asshole to feel the way i do about that breed.all i can say is you sure never hear about the bichon freesa that tore out a childs throat or the beagle that mauled the mailman.good fuckin night </div></div>

What other events have YOU personally been involved in? Because I have personally read tons of stories on what good pitbulls have done. Maybe you should catch that story that a stray female pitbull saved a woman and her child from an attacker in a parking lot and WALKED them home. Or that up until recently one of the top drug detecting dogs was a pitbull for US Customs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">alright already since you took on a beagle i can trust ya.lol there is no way anyone will change my mind about pits sorry just isnt gonna happin.my opinion is that i dont like em and the world wouldn't miss em if they were gone.if you got a good one im happy for you. thanks for the conversation and have a good night sir </div></div>

You don't like them, you want them dead.... because you were attacked years ago by ONE dog. One dog does NOT define the breed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">squid im glad for your son and sorry to hear of his problems,i hope it never holds him back but i will never see the use for the breed.that is how i feel and there is nothing that will change my mind.i have 3 dogs myself so yes i do feel the attachment to them that some feel towards pits so im not a hartless asshole like a few people on here seem to think but then agian they are on the internet and not having a face to face.hope you all have a grand day.thanks </div></div>

You don't see the use for the breed, yet Squid just told you how one is serving his disabled son thru life. How insensitive can you be towards his son?!
You feel the attachment to your dogs and understand that some of us here have an attachment to a pitbull. Well, when you posted your bullshit about how they should all be dead.... mine died 3 days earlier. I had to put him to sleep due to kidney failure. So, to me you sound just like what you claim your not..... I

sorry you lost your friend kys but my opinion on the breed means what?and to who?and really ,does yours mean any more to anyone?i hope you find another dog as i have had to do a few times myself.i can understand how what i said may have caught you in a bad time for that i appologize to you.but my opinion is mine and yours is yours.

Here is what I see when I read a post from motodog...

;laskdjhfp;ahscpv%$#^@#^*^%^&*^&TGLJSBGlkjasgdfoasgdiuw3uyqwp98ytdsagohl;bdmnfbbmn.adsf,,,,,aelriugp0w98e7shg;b.qg bv wqbp f wp fw[gwg [ agh ;g Mvz j vz k acvwb .ag n ; ban;b dinpudbt780egqrw hny g . gqerouag ny[agr h ; mn,jnhjkbdfoiyyiuefgmn,. mbdfhiuiy vcn/v l
'xKL
;CXU9YYIOUAGEJKN.BDFSM/,M/BGHUOYIUTYUBHJBJKLNbhjklHLy89hiujklndfsgjklgdfshjkgdfhjklfgd

I had a girlfriend who taught kindergarten with kids who could spell, punctuate, and create better sentence structure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zwhetz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's definately a mix of both the dog and the owner. Some pits just have a mean streak that comes out of nowhere, like the old dog that used to live next to me. Owners trained him well and treated him well, but as he got older he became really aggressive and they had it put down. More often than not though people buy pit bulls because of their reputation and don't bother spending the cash to train them right, and they have a rotten dog from the start. I kind of put the blame on the father in this case though, since he let his 4yo wander into a neighbors backyard which was full of dogs. Anyway you slant it its a very tragic event and I feel sorry for everyone involved. </div></div>

These dogs do not have a mean streak that comes out of no where. That is retarded to say. They are highly motivated to please people, mainly their owners. If it is instilled that barking and aggression will get them praise from their owner then they will do it. They are praise driven dogs. They crave human praise/contact. No dog "has a mean streak that comes out of no where". Any dog owner that is diligent will notice when their dog is unstable or has Mal-adaptive behavior. An ignorant owner/person would not notice this or would not care and see it as a sign of welcomed aggression/protection.

Its odd that the pit-bull terrier was on of the most popular dog breeds in the 40-60's when owners were responsible with their children and their dogs. I think that the change came about for two reasons.
1.Shitty owners who try to make a nice dog protective/mean.
2.It makes great headlines and makes people tune in to the 6 o'clock news. Fear is a powerful tool.

The only thing different about pitbulls is that they are highly driven by human praise and they are very agile and tenacious. Any dog that is not socialized will be come more aggressive. Ask your self this, if this attack was from a Dalmatian would you have heard about it? How many chiwawas have attacked people? I don't see anyone saying that they have a mean streak?

monkey see monkey do

more bull

The parents should have been charge with injury to a child which is a felony, because they neglected their duties and placed the child in danger of serious bodily injury.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so you like the other people have never met the wrong end of a pitbull i see.i have but its wrong for me to judge them how i do?yea it pisses me off to no end.no my logic and judgement are not based off a single event.have you ever been around a pit yourself and why are you so fast to defend them?i have a close friend that has 2 female presa-canarios and i would judge them the same becuse i have seen them go at a person.another friend put a bullet into his pit cause it snapped his childs finger with out any reason.his current pit seems to be a nice dog but would i trust the dog to be with my newborn fuck no.you guys can have your mutts and trust them if you please.im not wrong or an asshole to feel the way i do about that breed.all i can say is you sure never hear about the bichon freesa that tore out a childs throat or the beagle that mauled the mailman.good fuckin night </div></div>

That pitbull must have eaten your brain, cause you are one dumb mother fucker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone who keeps a dog on a chain all day shouldn't own a dog. The chaining makes them aggressive. </div></div>

Bullshit it does, well not Bordercollies anyway. When I was growing up, I remember having upwards of 30dogs (thats including the two liters of pups), the adults were all working cowdogs, or old and retired. A lot of them were on chains, not a one of them was aggressive EVER! I have been around literally 100s of bodercollies, almost all of them are on chains when they are not working, because if they are off a chain/out of a kennel, they will be working anything and everything, and thats bad juju.

Now I will admit, I have only ever owned bordercollies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I agree there is MUCH over breeding. I do believe you should need a license to breed ANY dog and I think it should be mandatory if you don't have a license to breed that your dog should be neutered or spayed.

WAY too many PB's in the shelter systems to warrant breeding them. </div></div>

Well that makes a lot of sense, because how do you know if a dog is good or not until its a matured adult and working? FACEPALM! I have been around A LOT of dogs (mainly bordercollies) the two most worthless dogs I have EVER seen was a neutered male and a spayed female. You know why I neutered them, BECAUSE THEY WERE WORTHLESS.

Why should I have to go to the govt to be approved to breed my dogs? Govt is NOT the answer to any question, common sense is. The last thing anyone in this country needs is more regulation, but some see oh so fit for them to jump in for everything.

I have 7 dogs sitting outside right now, only one of them is not intact and I will be damned if that changes. Cut dogs are usually worthless, hardheaded and good for nothing. I have never seen a dog that was cut worth its weight in shit.

But thats just a codgers opinion who was raised around working dogs, and who raises and works dogs on a daily basis, so I might not know shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Well that makes a lot of sense, because how do you know if a dog is good or not until its a matured adult and working? FACEPALM! I have been around A LOT of dogs (mainly bordercollies) the two most worthless dogs I have EVER seen was a neutered male and a spayed female. You know why I neutered them, BECAUSE THEY WERE WORTHLESS.

Why should I have to go to the govt to be approved to breed my dogs? Govt is NOT the answer to any question, common sense is. The last thing anyone in this country needs is more regulation, but some see oh so fit for them to jump in for everything.

I have 7 dogs sitting outside right now, only one of them is not intact and I will be damned if that changes. Cut dogs are usually worthless, hardheaded and good for nothing. I have never seen a dog that was cut worth its weight in shit.

But thats just a codgers opinion who was raised around working dogs, and who raises and works dogs on a daily basis, so I might not know shit. </div></div>

I happen to have a cut chocolate lab that tends to work circles around other dogs whether in the duck blind or upland fields. I let the dogs mature and about 2 years of age I get them cut. Hard to keep a uncut dog working when some dumb ass brings a bitch in heat and you are working an uncut male. Maybe that is just my experiance but it seems to work very well for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWILLIAMS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

But thats just a codgers opinion who was raised around working dogs, and who raises and works dogs on a daily basis, so I might not know shit. </div></div>

I happen to have a cut chocolate lab that tends to work circles around other dogs whether in the duck blind or upland fields. I let the dogs mature and about 2 years of age I get them cut. Hard to keep a uncut dog working when some dumb ass brings a bitch in heat and you are working an uncut male. Maybe that is just my experiance but it seems to work very well for me. </div></div>

Most people cut their dogs earlier than you do, if I am not mistaken. I have no idea other than cowdogs. And yes, in tact adults can be a pain in the ass because of incompetent owners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had my pitbull for 6 years. He passed away last week from kidney failure. Best dog I have ever had. He meant the world to me and I would get another in a heart beat. He protected my house and family.

My pit loved people. But he knew when it was time to go into protection mode. He never bit or got cross with anyone. He might be a rare one but I loved him and he loved us more then anything. The day we put him to sleep he tried several times to lick us but did not have the strength, he had lost 30 pounds in under 2 weeks.

Don't always be so quick to judge a dog by its breed. Worst dog I have ever been around is a Dalmatian. My uncle owned it, it attacked me and anyone that would come up to his house. Once it got a taste of mace it quite being such a pain in my ass. </div></div>

I feel for you man. I had a pit bull mix from the time I was a young kid. It was very hard to let her go, I have a pit bull now named Moxie and she is just a big lover. She really thinks she is a lap dog.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWILLIAMS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I happen to have a cut chocolate lab that tends to work circles around other dogs whether in the duck blind or upland fields. I let the dogs mature and about 2 years of age I get them cut. Hard to keep a uncut dog working when some dumb ass brings a bitch in heat and you are working an uncut male. Maybe that is just my experiance but it seems to work very well for me. </div></div>

Most people cut their dogs earlier than you do, if I am not mistaken. I have no idea other than cowdogs. And yes, in tact adults can be a pain in the ass because of incompetent owners. </div></div>
Yes, a lot of people listen to the humane society and cut there dogs early which does not give there bodies a chance to mature and this pretty much ruins dogs. I let them mature and get full grown then cut them and I end up with a lot better dog because of this. Once again it falls back on irresponsible owners not knowing how to properly care for and train a dog. All dogs need some form of training starting with the sit, stay down and then proceed from there. It is also irresponbible in my mind to bring a bitch in heat hunting, but some guys just have to have there dogs there. I think we both pretty much agree, just coming from different angles.

LWilliams, Yes we do, it ultimately comes down to the owner. But I was refering to the poster that said ALL dogs should be cut and you need a permit to breed. I work in heat females with in tact males and have no problems, as long as I keep a VERY close eye on them. My experience is very narrow, and limited to mainly bordercollies. They litterally live to work. I can only turn one or two of my pups loose at a time to let them run, and then cant take an eye off of them for if I do, they will be out gathering cows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

ubet,
I don't disagree with you. The owners are the problem.

What is the answer??

Here is what is happening....

1) Breed Restrictions - Where I live, they are not saying you cannot own a Bully Breed. They (meaning companies that own apartment and condo complexes and Home Owner Asscociations) are saying if you own one you can't live there.
2) Breed Restrictions - In some areas of the country they have banned ownership of Bully Breeds... Effectively telling you what kind of dog you can even own!

So, THEY have decided the answer is *Do not allow the dogs to be around*.

What would you say the answer is to fix the problem.

Contributing factors are:

Overbreeding - either by owners trying to make a buck or by owners not securing their dogs and letting them run around procreating.
Unrulely/Untrained/Abused Dogs - Again, shitty people not being responsible owners

I'm simply saying, instead of breed restrictions basically trying to 'phase out' the breed. Restrict the ability to breed by both requiring a license to breed making it illegal for any schmuck with an intact dog to start his own business and requiring spay/neutering to by pass the shitty owners who let their dogs run around like strays.

This is what I see on a weekly basis working with 3 local PB rescues.
-Litters of puppies abandoned because some assholes female dog got knocked up by a loose dog and he/she can't (or doesn't know what to) do anything with them or take care of them.
-Puppies with home HACK JOB cropped ears abandoned out on the street because the owner fucked it's ears up and now it doesn't look right.
-Pregnant Females dropped of at the shelter with a belly full of puppies, where if none of the rescues step up to care for her she will be euthanized before she gives birth because then a "no kill" shelter can euthanize a dog "for medical reasons" and essentially get rid of 7-12 dogs all at once and still claim to be "no kill".
-Hundreds of 1-2 year old Pits left at the shelter because the owners can't properly take care of them and the owners are fed up they either bring them to the Vet and put them down or drop them at the shelter. This is because there are TONS of 'backyard breeders' selling puppies to anyone who'll buy them and keep cranking out dogs as fast as the females can. We've seen 2-3 year old Pits who've had 3 - 5 litters already.

All of these extra (untrained or abused) Bullies means more frequent mishaps and bad encounters.

If you are not a good pet owner, how do I force you to be? What do I do to you if you're not?

There are MANY people who do not deserve to own an animal!

So, licensing breeders and manditory spaying and neutering is my answer... given the current options.

Respectfully I ask you, ubet, what would be your answer to the problems I mentioned above?

onemoretime, I see where you are coming from, I really do, but govt imposed restrictions are never the answer. I dont disagree with apartments etc saying no dogs of x or dogs that are in tact its private property, its their decision.

It is a tough situation. The people are the ones that are the problem but the animals suffer. From how I understand it, the people causing the problems are usually low lifes to begin with, they will not adhere to the laws if laws requiring that are passed. The passing of those laws are only going to affect law abiding citizens like me who do breed dogs, and prefer to keep them in tact, but dont want anymore govt intrusion into my life.

In a fantasy world, I would say euthanize the owner along with their dog, its a win win for everyone.

I honestly think their is no correct answer to this, you shouldnt punish the law abiding for the acts of fucktards.

I do not disagree with a lot of what you are saying, I understand this is a MAJOR problem. Also, a lot of people not only dont deserve to own animals, they also shouldnt even be in the gene pool themselves.

I guess my answer is euthinazation, its not a pretty answer, but if you arent trying to rehabilitate pitbulls, you are not giving potential owners an option to go to the pound and buy them. They will have to go to the shitty owners to buy them, and maybe more and more will start to find good homes, that would have ended up being killed. If responsible owners are buying from shitty ones, I would imagine the police are going to start getting a lot more "abused animal" style reports and then maybe it can lead to shutting down those type of people.

You are never going to get the bad element out of society, its just not going to happen.

Note, I am going to think on this deeper, and will maybe edit my response.

I'll have to totally & strongly disagree with the people who want the big government to come in and save them say and oh if the government would only make yet another law, about something I heard on TV that I am supposed to care about, life would be so good.

The government has NO business getting involved in if I breed my stock or not, just like the government has no business deciding who can or cannot have kids.

Sure you may love to have the government come do your bidding because you read some propaganda from some PETA group who actually wants people to not have animals at all, about how great a new government regulation would be... but ask yourself this... soon those same people you turn to for help getting the government oppress and control your fellow man will start deciding what you can and cannot have, starting soon with your guns.

What do you think the people pushing the whole anti breeding agenda think of your hunting righs?
(Hint.. you won't need a hunting dog when hunting is banned / tightly regulated, because it is so mean to the animals... and since you won't be hunting any more... why should we let you have guns?)

The needing a breeding licence for your dogs idea is simply to drive up profits for big breeders & up adoption fees so the PETA affiliated nut jobs can have more money to further their goal of making it so humans can't have the pets they have enjoyed living with for 5000+ years.

Life is not always kind or fair, not all animals have a good life, but that is even more true in the wild, just like tons of humans have horrible lives or starve to death. Just because you have gotten all soft and ignore the reality of things because you saw a couple shock ads on TV does not give you any moral right to go getting the government to make yet more laws to enslave people.

If you want somebody to blame, perhaps go look to the hugely rich Media empires and Music / Movie industry who have spent the past 30 years telling everyone how great it is to be a tough thug gangster.

The very people who whine on TV about saving animals and why people should not be able to breed them, run the biggest slaughter houses of all.

Just like some idiots make some states spend money giving deer birth control drugs instead of just hunting them like humans should do.

If there are too many unwanted animals around, you just follow the law of nature and get rid of the unwanted ones and the best looking / acting ones survive. I have no problem with honest groups who want to help get animals adopted out, but almost all of them have some alternate motives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: W54/XM-388</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll have to totally & strongly disagree with the people who want the big government to come in and save them say and oh if the government would only make yet another law, about something I heard on TV that I am supposed to care about, life would be so good.

The government has NO business getting involved in if I breed my stock or not, just like the government has no business deciding who can or cannot have kids.

Sure you may love to have the government come do your bidding because you read some propaganda from some PETA group who actually wants people to not have animals at all, about how great a new government regulation would be... but ask yourself this... soon those same people you turn to for help getting the government oppress and control your fellow man will start deciding what you can and cannot have, starting soon with your guns.

What do you think the people pushing the whole anti breeding agenda think of your hunting righs?
(Hint.. you won't need a hunting dog when hunting is banned / tightly regulated, because it is so mean to the animals... and since you won't be hunting any more... why should we let you have guns?)

The needing a breeding licence for your dogs idea is simply to drive up profits for big breeders & up adoption fees so the PETA affiliated nut jobs can have more money to further their goal of making it so humans can't have the pets they have enjoyed living with for 5000+ years.

Life is not always kind or fair, not all animals have a good life, but that is even more true in the wild, just like tons of humans have horrible lives or starve to death. Just because you have gotten all soft and ignore the reality of things because you saw a couple shock ads on TV does not give you any moral right to go getting the government to make yet more laws to enslave people.

If you want somebody to blame, perhaps go look to the hugely rich Media empires and Music / Movie industry who have spent the past 30 years telling everyone how great it is to be a tough thug gangster.

The very people who whine on TV about saving animals and why people should not be able to breed them, run the biggest slaughter houses of all.

Just like some idiots make some states spend money giving deer birth control drugs instead of just hunting them like humans should do.

If there are too many unwanted animals around, you just follow the law of nature and get rid of the unwanted ones and the best looking / acting ones survive. I have no problem with honest groups who want to help get animals adopted out, but almost all of them have some alternate motives. </div></div>

I completely agree. Well said!

Please understand... I'm NOT for a bigger government. I want SMALLER just like the rest of you.
Ultimately, this is what I would recommend/authorize/stand behind/ENJOY doing! Except, I would give the dog a shot at being rehabilitated.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In a fantasy world, I would say euthanize the owner along with their dog, its a win win for everyone.
</div></div>

Given the current choices though, I would rather see the government step in so that the cities, counties, and private companies would not have to impose their own restrictions.

I am terrified that someday the government might outlaw Pitbulls and put them in Zoo's just like Lions and Tigers.

I mean, if 'Big Government' didn't impose certain restrictions the I could likely OWN a Tiger/Cheetah/Panther/Grizzly Bear/etc/etc/etc... and I'm the type of guy who'd likely have one... But I'm glad ANYONE cannot own one.

I don't think PB's are in the same category as those animal mentioned above, BUT... I think they could be if we keep headed down the road that we are.

Maybe the answer is, impose those breeding and spay/neuter restrictions on owners of PB's, Bulldogs, GSD's, Rott's, Doberman's, and the other "scary" dogs. The dogs that drug dealers and, generally, people with penis complexes or the 'need' to seem "BADASS" tend to breed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please understand... I'm NOT for a bigger government. I want SMALLER just like the rest of you.
Ultimately, this is what I would recommend/authorize/stand behind/ENJOY doing! Except, I would give the dog a shot at being rehabilitated.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Given the current choices though, I would rather see the government step in so that the cities, counties, and private companies would not have to impose their own restrictions.

I am terrified that someday the government might outlaw Pitbulls and put them in Zoo's just like Lions and Tigers.

I mean, if 'Big Government' didn't impose certain restrictions the I could likely OWN a Tiger/Cheetah/Panther/Grizzly Bear/etc/etc/etc... and I'm the type of guy who'd likely have one... But I'm glad ANYONE cannot own one.

I don't think PB's are in the same category as those animal mentioned above, BUT... I think they could be if we keep headed down the road that we are.

Maybe the answer is, impose those breeding and spay/neuter restrictions on owners of PB's, Bulldogs, GSD's, Rott's, Doberman's, and the other "scary" dogs. The dogs that drug dealers and, generally, people with penis complexes or the 'need' to seem "BADASS" tend to breed.</div></div>

GSD's, really? I didn't know those are "drug dealer" dogs or "penis complex" dogs.

The pitt owners that scare me the most are the ones who say it's all the owner, not the dog. This denial makes me concerned they will not take the proper precautions these dogs require, or drastic measures for the pitts who mature into true menaces.

Pitts kill more than all other breeds combined, but they bite much less often than many other breeds like cocker spaniels.

This happens due to the reason pitts bite, they bite to kill, not out of fear, and because they have been selectively bred as fighting dogs to have the instinct and anatomy to cause crippling damage or kill in one bite.

I am not for banning the dog. But people need to respect, pitts are animal aggressive dogs like several other breeds , they need to be watched and controlled much more closely than many other breeds as well, especially if you have a dominant one, or one that is "just so cute when he's chasing squirrels".

Pit bulls are not the only ones, all the other "bully" dogs need to be watched closely for animal aggression, GSDs, rotts etc etc are also unfortunately always high on the human kill list as well and need to be watched for bad habits that may make them unsuitable as family pets for your situation.

People get attacked by all kinds of animals and bugs. They are caught off-guard by mountain lions, grizzly bears, wolves, coyotes, bees, snakes, you name it. Sharks bite surfers in half, crocs drag people off river banks, chimps will snatch babies out of cribs at night. If you think you can legislate your way out of reality, you need a wake up call. Its a dangerous world we live in, and if your offspring are injured or killed while unattended its on your shoulders. Generally speaking, infants, toddlers, and young children lack the life experience and capability of assessing danger and protecting themselves--its YOUR job as a parent to keep them safe. All this crap about dogs and bumble-bees being the problem is ridiculous. Safety-bubble mentality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvtolean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This happens due to the reason pitts bite, they bite to kill, not out of fear, and because they have been selectively bred to have the instinct and anatomy to kill in one bite.
</div></div>

You are mistaken sir. I work with Pits every day. There are different types of bites. The most common form is the "Control Bite"

Control bites - this is when you're doing something the dog doesn't like so he/she 'nips' you without breaking the skin to get you to stop whatever it is you're doing. If you watch dogs interact with each other they use "control bites" a lot. If a dog is getting too close or is overstepping it's bound with another dog. This is a dogs way of saying "Back Off!".

My Pit is very physical with other dogs... he chases them and tackles them to the ground or wrestles them to the ground sometimes. He never uses is mouth on them. Just wrestles them to the ground and lays on them. If they get sick of it they'll snap their teeth at him with a clacking sound and he will leave them alone. If he's excited he may go back to wrestle with that dog again and have to be "told" again. Once he actually got bit just in front of the ear, it almost needed stitches. We didn't even notice it until we were bathing him when we got home.

He didn't fight with the dog, didn't chase him down and try to kill him. I've been bitten a number of times while working with abused dogs. None of the Pits ever tried to 'kill' me. I needed stitches only once ever.

All of the bites with out of nervousness or fear.

You should do some more research instead of shooting from the hip with your comments. The only difference between a Pit and any other dog with regards to biting is HOW they bite. Most dogs bite and release, bite, release, bite, release, etc. They end up leaving what looks like knife wounds, slashes. When Pits bite they bite down, hold, shake, shake, shake, pull, pull, shake. Much like a Shark bites. They were not TAUGHT how to do this. Breeders noted this trait in Bull Terriers and selected it for breeding.

You might be interested to know that Breeders also selected to breed OUT human aggression. If you had read one of my previous posts, specifically for fighting dogs, they need to breed OUT human aggression because the handlers needed to be able to step into the ring and grab their dogs IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT with out being bitten themselves. 100 years ago dogs were shot on the spot for exhibiting aggression towards humans. Later they were simply spayed or neutered so as not to pass on that trait.

I work with and assess the most abused/aggressive Pits you can imagine. None have ever tried to kill me. Some have lunged at me in fear to get me to back off and when I did they didn't pursue me. Now, if I had ran over and tried to grab the dog while he was communicating that to me then it might have been a different story.

But, put yourself in his shoes... some strange man is encroaching on your personal space. You tell him, "Get the Fuck Away From ME!" and he runs over and tries to put his hands on you... what do you do?

So this thread isn't locked yet?

Some comments.

1. Why can't it be a reasoned discussion? Certainly not everyone here is a mouth breathing dumbass, although there seems to be more ego here than other forums.

2. What did the kid do to get himself killed? Seems a little harsh to die just for being in the presence of a dog. I suppose he could have been teasing it, he probably isn't old enough to know better. Yet, in my experience most dogs, even when abused, quit once they get your attention. Why do pits kill and maim so many more people than other dog breeds?

3. Yes parents have to watch their kids. No it isn't always possible and especially not practical to know exactly where they are at all times. I am sure all of us can think of a time when our parents didn't know where we were. That is not necessarily negligence, that is just life.

Are there many other reasons dogs bite than fear or kill? Yes, of course, but my blanket statement is relatively correct. A cocker will bite your ankle and run like hell, a pitt will try to tear your ankle off, and it's much less likely to trigger to bite you for different reasons, a pit bull wants to harm what it bites, a cocker wants to let it know not to mess with it.

Anyone who has had their dog, or seen another, go predatory sees and knows the difference.

We agree, pit bulls were selectively bred and culled to have a particular style of bite, that bite was bred because it's more likely to seriously injure or kill another living thing, the dog across the ring. Unfortunately that applies when they bite other people's pets and children too which is why pitts really are different.

Yes, of course pit bulls were also selectively bred not to bite humans, you don't want your fighting dog turning on the handler rather than the other dog in the ring. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that pit bulls kill more humans than all other breeds combined, or that children are the size of a pit bull. It just means they harm and kill less humans than they could've been bred to.

Pit bull enthusiasts like to deny these realities because they are worried they're going to lose their breed. But it does not help the cause to deny that a pit bull is different, and yes, more dangerous than some other breeds.

As I have said before. I believe in freedom. People can have their pit bulls. I will shoot any that set foot on my property. Shouldn't be a problem, I live in the country, any pit that finds itself on my property is far from home.

Yet I don't understand the attraction to a breed of dog that has the jaw strength to bite through the frame on a Freightliner. I've never heard of anyone being killed by a berseck Chihuahua. Although I hate the little yip dogs worse than anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
OJ9Yg.jpg
</div></div>

Thats the truth! Gotta love Americas way of thinking! Can't be the parents fault!!! Loljust like guns kill people huh? I guess its the teachers fault when your kid makes bad grades or gets in trouble too? Can we just ban stupid people? ? I think there are an abundance of dumbasses that need to be thinned out before we go trying to dummy proof the world.