• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Officially hunting pit bulls...

Re: Officially hunting pit bulls...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvtolean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there many other reasons dogs bite than fear or kill? Yes, of course, but my blanket statement is relatively correct. A cocker will bite your ankle and run like hell, a pitt will try to tear your ankle off, and it's much less likely to trigger to bite you for different reasons, a pit bull wants to harm what it bites, a cocker wants to let it know not to mess with it.

Anyone who has had their dog, or seen another, go predatory sees and knows the difference.

We agree, pit bulls were selectively bred and culled to have a particular style of bite, that bite was bred because it's more likely to seriously injure or kill another living thing, the dog across the ring. Unfortunately that applies when they bite other people's pets and children too which is why pitts really are different.

Yes, of course pit bulls were also selectively bred not to bite humans, you don't want your fighting dog turning on the handler rather than the other dog in the ring. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that pit bulls kill more humans than all other breeds combined, or that children are the size of a pit bull. It just means they harm and kill less humans than they could've been bred to.

Pit bull enthusiasts like to deny these realities because they are worried they're going to lose their breed. But it does not help the cause to deny that a pit bull is different, and yes, more dangerous than some other breeds.
</div></div>

You are 100% wrong that Pitbull bite with intent to inflict serious injury of death every time... you are wrong plain and simple.

The Pit is different. They are different because of attributes and their INTENSE desire to please their owners. This is why they fight. The selective breeding is to get the attributes (speed, strength, explosiveness, agility, drive, gameness, tolerance to discomfort, they don't like to lose).

A normal Pit is just a super athletic dog.

An abused Pit who has been taught to be mean is more dangerous then other dogs, yup, they are scary.

Take look at the 60+ dogs on this list published by the United Kennel Club. This is a list of "Super Dogs".

"A Super Dog is an unofficial title given to the dogs who earn a title in each of the following five UKC all-breed events; conformation, obedience, agility, rally obedience and weight pull (working events must be open to all breeds)."

http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/WebPages/DogSuperdog

35 out of 66 are Bully's.

A well cared for, socialized Pitbull is basically a well mannered ATHLETE. The dog version of an Olympian.

They are not predisposed to killing anything, no more then any other canine.

Pits and Rotties account for most dog related deaths, only because of their physical attributes.

The reason that there are more deaths from Pits is simple. Numbers, there are more Pits and Pit-mixes then any other breed right now. Sadly, the reason people want them is because of how they look. 50-80lbs of muscle is pretty intimidating. There are MANY more Pits then there are responsible owners.

Here's another website for you to look over. http://www.dogcentral.info/worlds-aggressive-dog-breeds/ Toy Poodles and Chihuahuas are MUCH more aggressive but never make the news or even get reported simply because you can usually patch the damage with some antibiotic cream and a band aid.

Statistics are based around reporting... if it doesn't get reported...

-------
Now, luvtolean, I'm done TRYING to educate you. Re-reading your first paragraph above I can tell you are OBVIOUSLY and expert... maybe you can have your own TV show.

Bottom line, if you go looking for bad press about Pit's you will find it... but, if you go looking for good press you will find plenty of that too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prairie Wolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yet I don't understand the attraction to a breed of dog that has the jaw strength to bite through the frame on a Freightliner. I've never heard of anyone being killed by a berseck Chihuahua. Although I hate the little yip dogs worse than anything. </div></div>

First... you exaggerate. I grew up with GSD's all through childhood. Pitbulls have been the most rewarding dogs to work/live with and I'll never own a different breed.

Here's the closest thing to a Chihuahua I could find on short notice...

--------------
Justin Mozer
6-weeks old | Lexington, KY
Justin Mozer, 6-weeks old, was sleeping in a bedroom when the family's Jack Russell Terrier attacked him. According to the uncle, Jeff Mozer, the baby was lying on a king-size bed -- not in a crib. Authorities say the infant died of suffocation and blood loss in the attack. The mother was in another room, bathing a child when the tragedy occurred. The Fayette County Coroner's office ruled the death as accidental. The Jack Russell and the other family dog, a pit bull, were removed from the home after the attack.
---------------

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Marsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
OJ9Yg.jpg
</div></div>

Thats the truth! Gotta love Americas way of thinking! Can't be the parents fault!!! Loljust like guns kill people huh? I guess its the teachers fault when your kid makes bad grades or gets in trouble too? Can we just ban stupid people? ? I think there are an abundance of dumbasses that need to be thinned out before we go trying to dummy proof the world. </div></div>

Yes and FORKS are responsible for obesity!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Bottom line, if you go looking for bad press about Pit's you will find it... but, if you go looking for good press you will find plenty of that too. </div></div>

No, that is not the bottom line.

As I am correctly repeating, pits, some other breeds like them, and the more "aggressive" breeds you list, like chihuahuas, cockers, bite for different reasons. The bites are reported less because of the reasons they bite, their stature, and thus when they bite, they do different levels of damage.

Undoubtedly lots more kids are bit by chihuahuas, but pit bulls are the ones that severely maim and kill children in the unusual circumstance they bite, and for that reason we are having this conversation about pit bulls, not chihuahuas. Because at teh end of the day, a puncture wound on a childs finger or face is different than a broken neck.

You can debate semantics all day. My wife worked at the Humane society, and has had to put down 100s of pit bulls due to behavioral issues, including some from crying owners that "he was so nice until that one time he bit...". She later went to work at a vet clinic and the techs all got pit bulls because they're so nice and they're going to show the world. Until they started hitting maturity, and one day smoking behind the clinic on break, one of the pitts killed his brother. Oops. Guess that raised in a loving environment and well socialized thing really isn't a guarantee.

My wife was hired as a K9, my cousin raises malinois for bite work, and I have suited up to try it out. She also happened to own one of the nicest dogs I've ever met, and one I told her I'd love if she wanted rid of, a pit bull. I don't dislike them, but I am a realist.

Our last two dogs were bullmastiffs, both from rescues, both with some issues that had to be overcome. One we could not get to quit with predatory behavior and was euthanized. The other, we got after killing a farmer's sheep, was the best dog I have ever had, but he had to be kept away from certain situations.

So, we can talk busllhit semantics all day, you can post links I won't waste time reading, but within the community that does behavior assesements they tend to sort out at a high level "fear biters" (chihuahuas and cockers) and the "predatory biters" like pit bulls and bull mastiffs. Having owned many labs, and now 2 bullies and been through bites with both, I know first hand what the difference of a fear biter and predatory biter looks like.

That might not meet the definition in some article by an alleged expert, but that's how it is handled in the real world by people who don't love or hate pitts, they're just another dog to determine if it is fit for placement in a family with pets, a family without other pets, or no family at all.

Within the ERs and morgues, the number one creator of significant damage and death is pit bulls. Not chihuahuas, not labs. Not even GSD, though they do send some because they bite more often, and they're big.

You love pit bulls. Great, I hope you get to keep them.

It doesn't change the simple fact, they don't bite for the reasons of many other typical dogs kept as pets, that they need a different level of containment and supervision and a more advanced owner, and it damn sure doesn't change they kill more humans than every other breed of dog combined every year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvtolean</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Bottom line, if you go looking for bad press about Pit's you will find it... but, if you go looking for good press you will find plenty of that too. </div></div>

No, that is not the bottom line.

As I am correctly repeating, pits, some other breeds like them, and the more "aggressive" breeds you list, like chihuahuas, cockers, bite for different reasons. The bites are reported less because of the reasons they bite, their stature, and thus when they bite, they do different levels of damage.

Undoubtedly lots more kids are bit by chihuahuas, but pit bulls are the ones that severely maim and kill children in the unusual circumstance they bite, and for that reason we are having this conversation about pit bulls, not chihuahuas. Because at teh end of the day, a puncture wound on a childs finger or face is different than a broken neck.

You can debate semantics all day. My wife worked at the Humane society, and has had to put down 100s of pit bulls due to behavioral issues, including some from crying owners that "he was so nice until that one time he bit...". She later went to work at a vet clinic and the techs all got pit bulls because they're so nice and they're going to show the world. Until they started hitting maturity, and one day smoking behind the clinic on break, one of the pitts killed his brother.

My wife was hired as a K9, my cousin raises malinois for bite work, and I have suited up to try it out. She also happened to own one of the nicest dogs I've ever met, and one I told her I'd love if she wanted rid of, a pit bull. I don't dislike them, but I am a realist.

Our last two dogs were bullmastiffs, both from rescues, both with some issues that had to be overcome. One we could not get to quit with predatory behavior and was euthanized. The other, we got after killing a farmer's sheep, was the best dog I have ever had, but he had to be kept away from certain situations.

So, we can talk busllhit semantics all day, you can post links I won't waste time reading, but within the community that does behavior assesements they tend to sort out at a high level "fear biters" (chihuahuas and cockers) and the "predatory biters" like pit bulls. That might not meet the definition in some article by an alleged expert, but that's how it is handled in the real world by people who don't love or hate pitts, they're just another dog to determine if it is fit for placement in a family with pets, a family without other pets, or no family at all.

Within the ERs and morgues, the number one creator of significant damage and death is pit bulls. Not chihuahuas, not labs. Not even GSD, though they do send some because they bite more often, and they're big.

You love pit bulls. Great, I hope you get to keep them.

It doesn't change the simple fact, they don't bite for the reasons of many other typical dogs kept as pets, that they need a different level of containment and supervision and a more advanced owner, and it damn sure doesn't change they kill more humans than every other breed of dog combined every year. </div></div>

No... they bite for the same reasons and with the same intent that every other dog does. They just do more damage when they do.

I'll paraphrase what my wife, who as a professional has tried to educate far more pit bull lover than me and knows the futility, "Whatever".

:rotfl:

Even if you were right, which you are not, it wouldn't change the reality that pit bulls are more dangerous dogs than most due to how they bite, their strength and anatomy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvtolean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Even if you were right, which you are not, it wouldn't change the reality that pit bulls are more dangerous dogs than most due to how they bite, their strength and anatomy. </div></div>

I said that above... we can agree on that.

If your wife agreed with me I would be surprised. Since you seem very adamant about your opinion with me, I'm annoyed so I can't imagine living with you if I disagreed with you.

Should I quote MY wife to you? LOL.

Not a dig on your wife as a canine professional because I don't know you or her but, shitty trainers/behaviorists can be blamed for Pitbull misconceptions and deaths as much as anyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Not a dig on your wife as a canine professional because I don't know you or her but, shitty trainers/behaviorists can be blamed for Pitbull misconceptions and deaths as much as anyone.
</div></div>

You mean, unlike pit bull enthusiasts who are so eager to defend the breed as "just nice dogs who need a loving home and they're fine" they neglect to point out that they are not for everyone, not for every family environment, but only a certain sort of owner that knows how to handle a likely animal aggressive and very strong dog who is more likely than many other breeds to turn out to want to eat the family cat, chihuahua and has the ability, and track record, of killing 2 YO children in one quick bite despite a textbook upbringing?

Wife left the K9/LEO and vet world to be an attorney, you can argue with her any time you like. Save me some trouble. LOL

Like I said above, I had labs growing up and bullmastiffs since as the wife loves them. Bullmastiffs tend to have the same predatory issues as a pit bull, and we have taken in rescues, so I have had to learn about it. I've been through bites with them, labs and chihuahuas, (and malinois) and I don't need the internet to explain to me that the behaviors of prey drive are very different than a fear bite. A predatory bite looks like a damn lion on the Serengeti going for lunch, a chihuahua bites you and then pisses itself running away, you don't need a textbook to see it.

I don't want to ban pit bulls. But they should not be sold as the "same as every dog, look chihuahuas bite too". IMO, they are for more advanced dog owners that are going to take the time and precaution to own them, are willing to put in extra sturdy fencing, have the means to separate them from other family pets when they're not home, and preferably don't have a bunch of other pets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvtolean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wife left the K9/LEO and vet world to be an attorney, you can argue with her any time you like. Save me some trouble. LOL
</div></div>

Being a prior K9 handler doesn't make her an expert just the handler, <span style="font-weight: bold">especially since dogs on K9 units undergo completely different training than a house pet</span>. That's like comparing apples to coconuts. And being an Attorney doesn't have any bearing what so ever... including when it comes to arguing. You probably shouldn't bring your wife into an online argument either...

Type of breed does not change social or instinctual behavior which is what causes them to react and how they react as Onemoretime stated and is correct. Just because the severity of one is increased over another doesn't change the intent. That's like saying because I stabbed you with a fork and didn't shoot you with a gun that I didn't want to kill you all the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvtolean</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

You mean, unlike pit bull enthusiasts who are so eager to defend the breed as "just nice dogs who need a loving home and they're fine" they neglect to point out that they are not for everyone, not for every family environment, but only a certain sort of owner that knows how to handle a likely animal aggressive and very strong dog who is more likely than many other breeds to turn out to want to eat the family cat, chihuahua and has the ability, and track record, of killing 2 YO children in one quick bite despite a textbook upbringing?
</div></div>
Like I've been trying to say. I'm not one of those owners who say "just nice dogs who need a loving home and they're fine".

The point I'm trying to make is that behaviorally they are similar to MANY other dogs. Their attributes set them apart. Lots of dogs have "prey drive".

Yes, I agree... Pit's should come with a manual. Heck, EVERY DOG should come with a manual. I've seen enough shitty owners who don't deserve to own ANY dog let alone a Pitbull.

I agree that Pit's need a dedicated owner. I DISAGREE with why. There are rules that you should follow if you are to own a Pit. Stuff like, don't let them play fetch with other dogs. It becomes a competition and Pits always play to win. The majority of the fights I have witnessed between Pits and other breeds have gone like this. The dogs start playing rough, the excitement level raises, they start playing harder, the Pits have a higher tolerance for pain so there is still "play bowing" and such going on but the other breed is starting to fight because the rough play has gotten too rough for them. Here is where the problem lies. If the 'other breed' freaks and attacks the Pitbull then a fight will ensue resulting in severe injury, usually for the other dog. If the 'other breed' executes a 'control bite' and the Pit takes the correction then no harm no foul. The other dog is just letting the PB know that shits a little too real for them, and a socialized PB will understand and back off. If the PB doesn't back off the owner NEEDS to step in.

As far as children go... look up "Nanny Dogs" on your Google machine.

You make it sound as though the just "snap" without provocation. There is always something that sets them off.

I've seen plenty of Chihuahua's stay and try to tear a hole in your leg vs. running away. And, I guarantee that if a Chihuahua was 80lbs, well... you can imagine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvtolean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wife left the K9/LEO and vet world to be an attorney, you can argue with her any time you like. Save me some trouble. LOL
</div></div>

Type of breed does not change social or instinctual behavior which is what causes them to react and how they react as Onemoretime stated and is correct. Just because the severity of one is increased over another doesn't change the intent. That's like saying because I stabbed you with a fork and didn't shoot you with a gun that I didn't want to kill you all the same. </div></div>

THANK YOU!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> PIT BULLS.... as the name applies.... were bred to fight/kill..
bill larson </div></div>

And you got that erroneous fact from where? They were actually breed originally for hunting and driving cattle as catch dogs.</div></div>
"Erroneous Fact"..........???..HHHMMMM.... let`s see....
PIT BULL.....catchy name for a hunt`n dog.....
pit bull attacks/kills in USA have required specail laws to regulate them.... done I`m sure by many who just don`t understand the breed.
bill larson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> PIT BULLS.... as the name applies.... were bred to fight/kill..
bill larson </div></div>

And you got that erroneous fact from where? They were actually breed originally for hunting and driving cattle as catch dogs.</div></div>
pit bull attacks/kills in USA have required specail laws to regulate them.... done I`m sure by many who just don`t understand the breed.
bill larson </div></div>

Actually, both of you are correct... Broker more so then bill but still.

I love how Bull baiting is inhumane but dog fighting is not...

During the 19th century, England, Ireland, and Scotland began to experiment with crosses between bulldogs and terriers, looking for a dog that combined the gameness of the terrier with the strength and athleticism of the bulldog.
In the late 19th century to early 20th century, two clubs were formed for the specific purpose of registering APBTs: the United Kennel Club and the American Dog Breeders Association. The United Kennel Club was founded in 1898, and was the first registry to recognize the breed, with the owner assigning the first number to his own APBT.
<span style="color: #FF0000">The dog was bred first to bait bulls and bears. When baiting bulls was deemed inhumane, ratting (a sport where a number of rats were placed in a pit for a specified time with the dog) and dog fighting became more popular.</span> The APBT was used in both sports, and its prevalence in being put in pits with rats led to "pit" being added to its name. With time, the dogs became more commonly domesticated due to their loyalty, loving and gentle nature with their owners. In America, farmers and ranchers used their APBTs for protection, as catch dogs for semi-wild cattle and hogs, to hunt, and to drive livestock. The dog was used during World War I and World War II as a way of delivering messages on the battlefield.
Once a popular family dog in the United States , the American Pit Bull Terrier's popularity began to decline following World War II in favor of other breeds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> PIT BULLS.... as the name applies.... were bred to fight/kill..
bill larson </div></div>

bill larson </div></div>

They don't require special laws but some local agencies have chosen to adopt them due to hype generated by people like you Bill. And if you actually knew anything about what a bait dog does you'd know they don't kill, the hunter does. They were also used to round up cattle, again where the killing there? The name "Pit" was a slang term adopted after they were used to kill rats, and I hate to point out the obvious but just about any medium-large breed dog can be trained to kill rats. <span style="font-weight: bold">So again, your wrong as they were not breed originally to fight/kill. That's just your opinion that you're attempting to state as fact...</span>

EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE."GOOGLE" PIT BULL ATTACK LAWS.....
Many cities,districts and complete countys make it "ILLEGAL"
to own one.... not opinon.... but fact....we`re talking large groups of people hear folks....not just opinions....
bill larson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE."GOOGLE" PIT BULL ATTACK LAWS.....
to own one.... not opinon.... but fact....we`re talking large groups of people hear folks....not just opinions....
bill larson </div></div>

You are correct Bill... but, it's due to the misconceptions about the breed. Instead of punishing the irresponsible owners of the dogs that were involved in the incidents, they are punishing the breed AND every responsible owner out there!

If you look at this fun fact:
---------------------------
The incarceration rate in state or federal prison or jail for men was 1,384 per 100,000 residents, for women 134 per 100,000 residents. The rate for white men was 736 per 100,000, for black men 4,789 per 100,000, for Hispanic men 1,862 per 100,000. The rate for white women was 94 per 100,000, for black women 358 per 100,000, and for Hispanic women 152 per 100,000.
Based on the above - should counties, cities, and the like ban Black Males? Not trying to sound racist, just trying to put in human perspective for you.

Pit bulls are the most missed id ed dog. A test given to AC officers show 90% of them could not pick a pit bull out in three trys. If you do not beleive my take a look and see if you can: http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/

They say 90% of pits are put down. This is due to how misrepersnted pits are in the media. When a dogattack happens and it's by a Lab or a Golden or something like that, you never hear of it. BUT, if someone thinks it's a Pitbull the media are ALL OVER IT.

We had a story around here that the news reported was a Pitbull and it ended up being a friggin' GSD! The media was in such a hurry to get it out that they didn't even take the time to check, they just reported it as a Pitbull. They ended up printing a retraction later but the damage had already been done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE."GOOGLE" PIT BULL ATTACK LAWS.....
bill larson </div></div>

You are correct Bill... but, it's due to the misconceptions about the breed. Instead of punishing the irresponsible owners of the dogs that were involved in the incidents, they are punishing the breed AND every responsible owner out there!

The incarceration rate in state or federal prison or jail for men was 1,384 per 100,000 residents, for women 134 per 100,000 residents. The rate for white men was 736 per 100,000, for black men 4,789 per 100,000, for Hispanic men 1,862 per 100,000. The rate for white women was 94 per 100,000, for black women 358 per 100,000, and for Hispanic women 152 per 100,000.
Based on the above - should counties, cities, and the like ban Black Males? Not trying to sound racist, just trying to put in human perspective for you.

Pit bulls are the most missed id ed dog. A test given to AC officers show 90% of them could not pick a pit bull out in three trys. If you do not beleive my take a look and see if you can: http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/

They say 90% of pits are put down. This is due to how misrepersnted pits are in the media. When a dogattack happens and it's by a Lab or a Golden or something like that, you never hear of it. BUT, if someone thinks it's a Pitbull the media are ALL OVER IT.

We had a story around here that the news reported was a Pitbull and it ended up being a friggin' GSD! The media was in such a hurry to get it out that they didn't even take the time to check, they just reported it as a Pitbull. They ended up printing a retraction later but the damage had already been done.</div></div>
So.... in your opinion all of the people who voted/made these laws are wrong...????... if you so believe....
I`m out of facts.....to present to you....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE."GOOGLE" PIT BULL ATTACK LAWS.....
bill larson </div></div>

We had a story around here that the news reported was a Pitbull and it ended up being a friggin' GSD! The media was in such a hurry to get it out that they didn't even take the time to check, they just reported it as a Pitbull. They ended up printing a retraction later but the damage had already been done.</div></div>
So.... in your opinion all of the people who voted/made these laws are wrong...????... if you so believe....
I`m out of facts.....to present to you.... </div></div>

You weren't presenting facts Bill.... you were making a poor attempt to sum up some BS story you read on a google search. Presenting the story as factual is a sure fire way to make yourself look quite ignorant as to what's being talking about here.

Pitbull's are stereotyped because the media's ratings don't go up with a bunch of stories about good guys and hero tales. They get their ratings from sad stories, drama, and the "crazy asshole down the street that owns a pitbull".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">PIT BULLS.... as the name applies.... were bred to fight/kill..
bill larson </span></span></div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE."GOOGLE" PIT BULL ATTACK LAWS.....
bill larson </div></div>
Lmgdao... Where does creating a law against a particular breed make it a fact that the particular breed in question was "Breed to fight/kill"? I never said anything regarding laws against them not existing, I said they aren't required but they choose to have them, ergo a City doesn't Require/Need them to exist but elects to. You're attempting to construe an elected "requirement" as factual evidence of a species breeding to argue your OPINION. Still not making it a fact. Since you think your knowledge base is so much more vast then go Google "Pit Bull" and cite a <span style="font-weight: bold">legitimate resource</span> that says Pit Bulls were breed to <span style="font-weight: bold">"fight/kill"</span> as you stated which is still erroneous... While your at it Google "propaganda" & "Spin (public relations)" and look in the mirror with the realization that you're bad at both...

Ok here goes. First off I feel terrible for the kid's family.

Pits are the most common dog breed in the U.S. today.

Pits were bred to never show aggression towards humans period. The way that was accomplished is by killing the pits that showed aggression towards their handlers. Pretty fucking simple.

Secondly, dogs that are forced to spend their lives at the end of a chain are the number one group of dogs that bite people. I'm not talking about normal chaining, I'm talking about being chained every fucking day of their lives.

I'm amazed by all the fucking retards on here who don't know shit about dogs but who know that pits have locking jaws, pits have super strength, pits can just snap......BULLSHIT!

People in this country have no sense of history whatsoever It's fucking pathetic!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Update.

My neighbor is the guy that picks up bodies and has to be there when the JP pronounces. He said the little boy was found in the dog house when the owner went out to feed the muts. He is very disturbed by this and he sees it all. Took him 12 hours to prep an open casket. The dog took him to his house and basically chewed on him for a while. When he arrived on scene, and saw the little legs sticking out of the dog house his heart broke. </div></div>

That's pretty heavy. Hate to see kids hurting much less something like that.

bill larson </div></div>

If some bureaucrat manages to make something illegal then it must be right? Holy fucking shit batman.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeathenRifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok here goes. First off I feel terrible for the kid's family.

Pits are the most common dog breed in the U.S. today.

Pits were bred to never show aggression towards humans period. The way that was accomplished is by killing the pits that showed aggression towards their handlers. Pretty fucking simple.

Secondly, dogs that are forced to spend their lives at the end of a chain are the number one group of dogs that bite people. I'm not talking about normal chaining, I'm talking about being chained every fucking day of their lives.

I'm amazed by all the fucking retards on here who don't know shit about dogs but who know that pits have locking jaws, pits have super strength, pits can just snap......BULLSHIT!

People in this country have no sense of history whatsoever It's fucking pathetic! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeathenRifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE."GOOGLE" PIT BULL ATTACK LAWS.....
bill larson </div></div>

If some bureaucrat manages to make something illegal then it must be right? Holy fucking shit batman....... </div></div>

Thank you...

for saying what I really wanted to say. I was trying to be civil and have an adult conversation. I guess some people know everything and you can't reason with them or convince them otherwise.

Your way might work better...

bill larson </div></div>

So as long as a large group of idiots has the same opinion, it becomes factual....your lack of intellect and logic is astounding. To make an analogy large groups of people advocate the idea that law abiding citizens carrying guns is dangerous. Do you present their opinion as fact as well.

Aristotle is crying.

It is the quintessential irony when a self-appointed expert calls someone they're arguing with, or espsecially that they've decided they're qualified to "educate", an arrogant know-it-all for disagreeing with them...

Pits do have super strength. They were killed by breeders and other Pits until they did.

Pits do have hellacious biting power and they do not release like many other dogs. They were killed by breeders and other Pits until they did.

Pits do have higher prey drive than many other breeds. They were killed by breeders and other pits until they did.

Pits, like all dogs, do change as they mature, so a nice young dog, might become an aggressive dog that is not suitable in a typical family environment. A nice adult dog might become an aggressive senior.

I haven't seen anyone arguing pit bulls "snap". But there are plenty of Pit bulls that end up euthanized after being a great family pet for years and then one day their prey drive is triggered and they bite the cat, a kid, etc etc. Yes, other dogs have this issue. But the pit bull's capacity for killing is much greater than most other breeds so when it happens, it is a different problem.

Breed enthusiasts always argue shelter workers don't know what they're doing etc etc. There is a measure of truth to this because even a professional shelter worker cannot be an expert on all breeds. Part of the response has been breed specific rescues that are both good and bad.

When it comes to pit bulls (or chihuahuas) though, shelter workers see hundreds of pit bulls a week, and I'd trust almost any of their judgement to that of a breed enthusiast who has been around maybe 50, and owned 5 or 10 in their lives and reads the writings of other pit bull enthusiasts.

Nowadays, most dogs go into urban homes where aggression is not desirable, and it would make sense that pit bulls are becoming less perfect killing machines due to the fact that they are now more likely to be killed for aggression. Nowadays the average pit is a family dog. A fighting pit, who is typically kept contained away from the family and usually more care and caution is put into their handling and containment, had far less potential to cause problems because of this. Now pitts are kept in situations where they have moree opportunity to bite other pets and humans, and with less care put into their handling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvtolean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is the quintessential irony when a self-appointed expert calls someone they're arguing with, or espsecially that they've decided they're qualified to "educate", an arrogant know-it-all for disagreeing with them...

Pits do have super strength. They were killed by breeders and other Pits until they did.

Pits do have hellacious biting power and they do not release like many other dogs. They were killed by breeders and other Pits until they did.

Pits do have higher prey drive than many other breeds. They were killed by breeders and other pits until they did.

Pits, like all dogs, do change as they mature, so a nice young dog, might become an aggressive dog that is not suitable in a typical family environment. A nice adult dog might become an aggressive senior.

I haven't seen anyone arguing pit bulls "snap". But there are plenty of Pit bulls that end up euthanized after being a great family pet for years and then one day their prey drive is triggered and they bite the cat, a kid, etc etc. Yes, other dogs have this issue. But the pit bull's capacity for killing is much greater than most other breeds so when it happens, it is a different problem.

Breed enthusiasts always argue shelter workers don't know what they're doing etc etc. There is a measure of truth to this because even a professional shelter worker cannot be an expert on all breeds. Part of the response has been breed specific rescues that are both good and bad.

When it comes to pit bulls (or chihuahuas) though, shelter workers see hundreds of pit bulls a week, and I'd trust almost any of their judgement to that of a breed enthusiast who has been around maybe 50, and owned 5 or 10 in their lives and reads the writings of other pit bull enthusiasts.

Nowadays, most dogs go into urban homes where aggression is not desirable, and it would make sense that pit bulls are becoming less perfect killing machines due to the fact that they are now more likely to be killed for aggression. Nowadays the average pit is a family dog. A fighting pit, who is typically kept contained away from the family and usually more care and caution is put into their handling and containment, had far less potential to cause problems because of this. Now pitts are kept in situations where they have moree opportunity to bite other pets and humans, and with less care put into their handling. </div></div>

You conveniently forgot to mention that They were bred NOT to be aggressive towards humans and YES...They were killed by breeders and owners IF they did.

Looks more and more like pushing your opinion by mentioning half truths and leaving out the facts that don't support your side.

Simple fact is that I can any dog that's physically capable to be a killing machine and I can train any dog to be a kind, docile pet. Done. There's nothing more to the argument than that and anybody that disagrees is clearly a mindless killing machine and should be put down without a chance.

80 lb. poodle rips child to shreds.

"Ban poodles - it's for the children."

"It's the owner's fault. He trained that poodle to be a killer!"

"Riiiiiiiiight...."

If you train an animal to be a weapon you should be liable if it kills indiscriminately, Pitbull, Poodle, or otherwise.

In my opinion (which isn't worth much) its no different than an adult being liable for negligence in his house when his kid gets his hand on a pistol and shoots his sibling.

If you can't control a weapon you shouldn't have one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you train an animal to be a weapon you should be liable if it kills indiscriminately, Pitbull, Poodle, or otherwise.

In my opinion (which isn't worth much) its no different than an adult being liable for negligence in his house when his kid gets his hand on a pistol and shoots his sibling.

</div></div>

Truth. People should be accountable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you train an animal to be a weapon you should be liable if it kills indiscriminately, Pitbull, Poodle, or otherwise.

</div></div>

Amen...

009e22b5_beating_a_dead_horse.jpeg

People should indeed be held accountable for their weapons.

I highly doubt you'll ever see an attack poodle, however (unless you're talking about a psychotic toy poodle ankle-biter.) They just don't have that disposition.

Try to teach a poodle to kill, and you'll end up with a poodle that pisses every time it sees a hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is interesting, almost 3 pages of idiocy.
The only thing I'll ever remember from it is Shankster's veering away from the internet ass kicking threats, and dolling out a "virtual internet pussy kicking".
Fucking classic.
crazy.gif
</div></div>

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Can I sign up for that? Is there a long line? Ohhh... kicking... nevermind.