• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

offset or straight light mount for standard grip

Conrad101st

Captain
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2009
OK
Howdy:

So with a 4 railed upper on my LMT MWS, I'm wanting to mount my trusty push button surefire G2. Using a standard grip (<span style="text-decoration: underline">without</span> a forward vertical grip), whats the best setup (LaRue or otherwise):

1. an offset mounted bottom, or
2. a straight inline mounted left side?

Thanks for your insight.

Re: offset or straight light mount for standarde forwa

Nobody has any input on which setup is easier to thumb operate with a standard grip?

What's a standard grip?

For me, I grab magazine well so straight works. It is 100% preferential. No high speed way. It comes down to boxers or briefs. No good argument either way for which is better. One just is better for you.

Can't you just get a remote switch for it and just mount it on the right side? That is my preference, also having a remote switch allows for more versatile mounting options.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deputy Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's a standard grip?</div></div>

No FUG
Standard palm grip with thumb pointed forward

Just try it brother. If you want to pay for shipping to and from you can borrow mine.

FUG = Fat Ugly Girl?

I'll just get the straight and try it. Thanks guys. :)

I run mine in an offset mount that puts the light in about the 11 0'clock position. It's made by Viking Tactics and puts the light (a Surefire 6p) pretty tightly between the left and top rails. It's really easy to hit the tail switch with your thumb and you can pretty easily hit it with your offhand over the top if you switch sides withe the rifle. Mine is an older version of this one. http://www.vikingtactics.com/lightsmounts_lightmount.html

I have tried several light/mount combos and I am currently running the Elzetta on my LMT. For the use my carbine sees I really like it. Here is a post I made showing it and a TLR-1 mounted on some MOE handguards.

Post about Elzetta mount

On my Daniel Defense I was running a Gear sector mount with a Surefire Backup and it was pretty nice also, the Elzetta just seems like it would be less of a problem with snagging on something.