• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oh Atlanta

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
So work took me to Atlanta.

Spent a good bit of time in GA before, but never that far up north, decided to go get a bite to eat, picked the highest rated place for a late lunch and set forth.

Holy shit balls.... so first every half decent food place has a line out the door, second that place is racist as all heck. The place I was going to didn’t even have tables or chairs, but had a fat security guy with a plate carrier with no plates, ooook, I’ll just look up the next place and walk on down the way.

As I’m walking plenty of black folks giving me the side eye, I’m just walking, smile on my face, taking in the sights. Pass a intersection and a person shouts a local PSA “police, police commin’”, I keep walking, see some small cop car just pass through and keep on going to where he was headed, mmmmk

Get to my lunch stop, as I’m walking up I see folks going in and out, all black, but whatever and so was most everyone, there is a security guy at this door too, plate carrier, cheap Glock on a leg rig and he even had two Pmags in his vest, but no AR to be seen, hey I’m all for the 2A even if it’s just fashion.

I walk up look at the menu in the window, some random black dude just standing around ask me “what you looking for” I point at the menu and said “food”, go to walk in and security guy wants to pat me down, I asked “for what” he said weapons, I said of course I’m armed, he says no weapons, I look at sketchy crack head who asked what I’m looking for, laughed and said “nooope” kept walking, got some distance stopped and watched, security dude didn’t say shit to ANYONE, just when a white person decided to walk in, or it could have been I looked sketchy in a dark blue button up shirt and jeans 🤷‍♂️

Kept walking, found some good food.

Yeah, never viewed Atlanta as a must see, I do know that’s one of the first places EMS wore armor, but 100% fuck that place with a pineapple

I also pretty much always carry anyways, but I would NEVER EVER go to/through/near that place without carrying

B7672465-F249-4-A77-B786-3-E59578-EF7-E0.jpg

Last edited:
Atlanta sucks. The traffic sucks, the airport sucks, the whole concrete jungle thing sucks. The food's not always bad but damn I hate going within a dozen miles of the place because you can't go within a dozen miles WITHOUT you get caught in the whole stink that is Atlanta traffic, and you best pray to whatever god you believe in and then some that there wasn't an accident or a pileup or something because if there was it'll take you even longer to get away.

1622747084837.png

It’s called “Atlantitude”…. I find it hilarious when people from other parts of the country come here and are shocked at how blatantly rascist the blacks are toward them. All they can think is about rascist southern white men, and can’t process that it ain’t the good ol boys that are the problem.

It’s called “Atlantitude”…. I find it hilarious when people from other parts of the country come here and are shocked at how blatantly rascist the blacks are toward them. All they can think is about rascist southern white men, and can’t process that it ain’t the good ol boys that are the problem.

I’d say whites in America tend to be the least racist of anyone on average, like honey badger status on race

Lots of it seemed like angst for the sake of angst, like that line
“What are you rebellion against”
“What do you got!?”

Not sure where you're at in Atlanta, but I'm 100% sure you need to head north.
This....NOBODY who knows Atlanta hangs in any kind of part of town that looks like what is in your picture.

Now, this is 22 years ago and I and a crew were in the east side of town (east of downtown) to install some large optical telecom equipment in a switch site and yeah, it was kind of like what you showed in the pic....but 20 years ago it was at least safe in the day time.

I had the misfortune of driving through "Da ATL" about 5 weeks ago. Coming back, at night, hit road construction that detoured me (somewhere south of town). I was thinking...you know...maybe I should have packed more firepower...something along the lines of a Go-Go Gadget "TANK."

I'll go so far as to say other than Miami (does that count as USA still?), Atlanta is THE city in the South loathe the most, closely followed by Memphis. Not sure of Charlotte, but something tells me it has nothing on ATL or MEM.

I had the misfortune of driving through "Da ATL" about 5 weeks ago. Coming back, at night, hit road construction that detoured me (somewhere south of town). I was thinking...you know...maybe I should have packed more firepower...something along the lines of a Go-Go Gadget "TANK."

I'll go so far as to say other than Miami (does that count as USA still?), Atlanta is THE city in the South loathe the most, closely followed by Memphis. Not sure of Charlotte, but something tells me it has nothing on ATL or MEM.

Miami can be sketch, but still lots of fun to be had, and pretty beaches, Atlanta just felt hostile.

Atlanta is a fucking shit hole and so are its suburbs. Have you ever HAD to spend a weekend in south Shitcongo? The gunfire was nonstop from Friday evening to sunrise on Monday. Police weren't doing shit about it except showing up to homicide locations to pick up the bodies and take pictures.

Reactions: 308pirate
Miami can be sketch, but still lots of fun to be had, and pretty beaches, Atlanta just felt hostile.
I took a wrong turn out of MIA during some construction @ airport. On business trip. No packing then. But man...I wanted an AC-130 covering me. That said, as a whole, I don't get "resentment" from folks in Miami. Not so in ATL and lesser extent MEM.

I think I had to get off I-75 near Piedmont area, that section of 75 that's closed seems to be about the area. Don't know much about that part of town except it's not Buckhead or Alpharetta and thus....I was leery. Even Buckhead ain't what it used to be.

I live in GA in the countryside. I lived in Midtown, Buckhead, Vinings and Buford. Still have a house in Buford. Atlanta is a shit hole. It was bad back when I lived there and it’s even worse now. I have a home in Ellijay as well and that area is nice. Big Canoe is great as well. You have to get out of Burbs. It really is the most racist city I have been to.

The truth is, most big cities are shitholes no matter north, west, east or south.

Some exceptions of course, but I have yet to find a large city I would want to live in.
This is true. Cities are nice to visit but living there isn’t ideal. I have to admit it was fun when I was young and dating. But once I got married and started having kids, we both knew that we had to leave.

The truth is, most big cities are shitholes no matter north, west, east or south.

Some exceptions of course, but I have yet to find a large city I would want to live in.

Yuuup

Only big city I have enjoyed was Montreal, but it’s Canada and their freedom and tax rate is bad :(

we have a datacenter in smyrna, but i have not had to travel there.

I was also thinking,

One was a very liberal style joint, the other was soul food, both security guys had leg rigs for their glocks, one had that vest with the pmags in it, both had that my first tactical gear feel to them.

Wonder if these “security guards” were BLM idiots, I could picture BLM calling places they think would be sympathetic to their “cause” and offering “security”.

Just a thought.

Also interesting that the only people they seem to bother, non blacks.

They did sure protect those business from getting my business

Other areas are different, or at least were a few yrs back. I have eaten at a soul food place several times in the hood and they were respectful. They would get a little rough with the black vagrants. That was prior to saint Floyd though. Looks like you might have been near morland ave?

Austin, San Antonio and Houston all suck here in Texas. It really got bad when the influx of "refugees" came in from NOLA after Katrina. Now it's just compounded by the Libtards in charge of the aforementioned cities and the real fucking ILLEGAL INVASION we have going on on our state border.
I swear, we need to declare some sort of hard sanctions against Mexico. The fricking cartels are running that country and it is spilling into here. And it's not just here in Texas. I moved down here from central/eastern WA state and it's really bad up there as well. I know the former police chief in Grandview, WA (Yakima valley area] and he was getting death threats 15 years ago from the Mex gangs. There's a reason US 395 is known as the heroin highway. The DEA is a joke, we need to not declare a war on drugs.

You just fit in because you have more in common with these types of people is all.
Oh, do tell. I am interested to know how I have much in common with the good people of Atlanta. I just don't write people off because they think differently than I do.

Reactions: ditter
Oh, do tell. I am interested to know how I have much in common with the good people of Atlanta. I just don't write people off because they think differently than I do.

BS

And I didn’t write anyone off because of their beliefs, it was their actions and being confrontational with me when I’m just walking around looking for lunch, people who do that, yeah fuck those people and their lack of culture

BS

And I didn’t write anyone off because of their beliefs, it was their actions and being confrontational with me when I’m just walking around looking for lunch, people who do that, yeah fuck those people and their lack of culture
I was talking about Wade, who says, quite proudly, that people who think it other, wronger ways should be shunned and not spoken to. That we should have nothing to do with them.

It wasn't about you, and I don't think he would disagree that it is what he says.

I wiht you on that. I dont see how people live in cities, even smaller ones. I go batshit crazy after a couple days.

The only one I think I could live in is San Diego. I was only there 2 weeks so more exposure might change my attitude.

As to Atlanta, a buddy of mine calls it a 'high falutin sewer'. Maybe now its JUST a sewer.

I wiht you on that. I dont see how people live in cities, even smaller ones. I go batshit crazy after a couple days.

The only one I think I could live in is San Diego. I was only there 2 weeks so more exposure might change my attitude.

As to Atlanta, a buddy of mine calls it a 'high falutin sewer'. Maybe now its JUST a sewer.
I live in what is considered a city, or rather in an outlying area. But unlike Atlanta, Savannah doesn't have nearly the same urban-sprawl-concrete-jungle thing going for it and it's much more my style. Our "downtown" is mostly 18th-19th Century with a bit of 20th here and there from the 1910s, 20s, 50s and some more modern stuff (which I find to be architectural heresy of the worst sort that has no business being near the Historic District). The tallest buildings are the old Post Office and the cathedral, nothing's allowed to be built taller than the former. It's my kind of city in style, if not in... uh, substance at times.

Really big cities? I've been in Atlanta, NYC, DC, LA, San Francisco. I loathe them all in general; that's not to say there aren't good things in them but the glory of the Smithsonian or the Met doesn't make up for the misery of the city itself. I could never live in a place like that and be content with it, I don't think.

Reactions: Maggot
I’d say whites in America tend to be the least racist of anyone on average, like honey badger status on race

Lots of it seemed like angst for the sake of angst, like that line
“What are you rebellion against”
“What do you got!?”
agree

lived all over the country and the most racist are not the whites and the most bigoted are the NE people

Reactions: 308pirate
Yup, you were too far south. North side not as bad, but ATL traffic SUCKS. I live north of the city in the country, actually just outside the "metro area". Have lived closer, used to work in Buckhead and Brookhaven, thankful every day that I don't have to go down there any longer. When I retire, I will move somewhere I don't have to deal with Atlanta. It genuinely sucks that I have to plan around their bullshit traffic to go south or west.

Mckendricks or Mervs is pretty good.

Atlanta sucks in general. But the other day I drove basically a straight line from the atl to Charleston, sc. And to my surprise! It was black people suburbia. From the gray zone all the way to rural and back. Flowers were growing! People were mowing. Some had chainsaws!! Some drove trucks that weren’t even all fucked up bolegged or wrong sized wheels.

edit it was nice

Last edited:

long beach is pretty much is the middle of the metropolis, but i face the ocean and ignore everything behind me.

Yeah….Atlanta sucks balls.
Shame, because their are some really beautiful places on the outskirts of Atlanta. The problem is, the dang place is just out of control population-wise.

Sad to say, but Georgia is getting dragged down by ATL just like every other wonderful state is by their lone massive metro area.

I get asked to bid work all the time in the Atlanta area. The first thing I do is look at the site plan and then locate it on Google maps. I can tell in 30 seconds if it is worth the hassle or not. Pretty much anything south of Buckhead, north of the Airport and within 3 miles on either side of I-85 is a hard no for me on new work. It literally is not worth the logistical nightmare.

As far as food goes, Mary Macs down near GA Tech used to be amazing, but I haven't eaten their in years…..simply because I’d rather drag my nuts across a cheese grater than drive in downtown ATL.

Only been to Atlanta one time and our visit was rather amusing. After the races we went to at Bradenton, we decided to go to a strip club since my friend was recently divorced. We were drunk and walked in to find out we were the only two white people in the place. We stayed and had a great time but definitely didn't feel very welcome lol

Reactions: Maggot