• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oh Atlanta

I have friends that feel the same way in fact, they are much more 'colorful' in their language regarding this. lol
iu

As a minority, I would never, EVER live in a minority-heavy neighborhood
As soon as I was of age and had the means to get the hell out of there I did.

I don't want my posts to be misinterpreted. These areas are shitholes, no doubt. I wouldn't live there and I sure as hell wouldn't raise my kids there. This post took a turn about refusing to go into some of these neighborhoods. Turbo Trout was even getting shit on for occasionally making his way into these areas.

My point is... if we figure the Chicago homicide rate is 50 per 100k, that's .05% each year. No figures to report, but I can all but guarantee well over half of that is drug and gang related. Many, if not most of the people getting killed had it coming. The odds of getting killed grabbing a bite to eat or driving through are pretty damn slim. If we expand that to all violent crime, we're still at less than 1%. Expand that to property crimes and we're at about 3%. If you're there once in a while, it's not THAT big of an issue, provided you don't carry yourself like a moron.

Granted, these figures are based on Chicago as a whole. I'm sure if we look at specific areas they go up significantly. Nevertheless, we're not talking about a war zone in sub saharan africa, which was my take away reading some of these posts.

I'm just saying... I'm a white dude that spent 25 years in a shithole and I'm fine. Given my life experience and the limited statistics I've seen, I don't think you're out of your damn mind if you visit a shithole every now and again. Every day we hear about all the bad things that happen in the news and we develop this idea that things are worse than they actually are. It's the same thing that happens to libs whenever the AR-15 comes up. They think of Sandy Hook, or Vegas or whatever hits closest to home and it forever alters their perception of reality. Conservatives do the same thing all the time, just with different issues.

I don't have anything to gain or lose either way, so I don't care what you decide. It's definitely not worth fighting on the internet over. Just saying....

Reactions: TurboTrout
But the real question is.... did you stop to see the corner where kenny rodgers filmed that scene with the kids in six pack?

There are a few places in south Chicago that I'm fairly sure if I were there after dark my chances of getting robbed is better than 50/50 and my chances of getting shot are probably at least 10%.

Try hanging out after dark on that cluster at Humboldt park... then report back.
2021_city_map_060721.png

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
There are a few places in south Chicago that I'm fairly sure if I were there after dark my chances of getting robbed is better than 50/50 and my chances of getting shot are probably at least 10%.

Try hanging out after dark on that cluster at Humboldt park... then report back.
2021_city_map_060721.png

https://www.areavibes.com/chicago-il/humboldt+park/crime/

Date & Last Updated: This data reflects the 2019 calendar year and was released from the FBI in September, 2020; this is the most current data available.

50/50 might be overshooting things just a hair. Lots of white people roam these types of areas at night. Drugs are plentiful, there's a dealer on every corner and the massive supply and competition drives prices drown. White people do drugs too. A bundle of heroin (10 bags @ .1g per bag) on Long Island went for $180 when I graduated high school. Those bundles were bought for $60 in Knickerbocker Park and resold at 3x the price 30 miles west. All sorts of white junkies were more than happy to go right to the source when they started getting sick. I can't recall a single one getting shot despite multiple trips into the hood at all hours each week. Dealers and stick up kids are a different story.

This is starting to feel like arguing with SJWs. It's a lost cause. Go, don't go... I don't care. The ignorance and spread of misinformation is what's bothering me. It's the same bullshit that's going to lead to a ban on AR-14s and clips that shoot 100,000 rounds per minute.

I thought we were better than this.

Odds of being involved in a self-defense shooting are practically nil. Why bother to carry?
Self-defense shootings don't exist in Chicago, save for maybe if you're "assaulted" by a police officer.

Nevertheless, I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six, if you know what I mean. Carry on.

When was the last time you were there? And where exactly in Atlanta?
2015ish. Nice areas. Inman Park. Peachtree. I'm not an idiot, even if I play one sometimes on the Hide.

Those with little education / productive work skills can not make enough $$$ to provide for a family household or oneself. This is where the problem lies. ATL is an expensive place to live.
The problem is that 76% of black pregnancies result in single parent fatherless households (CDC numbers) for the most part guaranteeing the continuation of that uneducated unskilled unproductive segment of America. Skin color doesn't cause that but the culture so very prevalent within the black and other minority communities does. The healing/change must come from within those communities or the cycle will continue.

The problem is that 76% of black pregnancies result in single parent fatherless households (CDC numbers) for the most part guaranteeing the continuation of that uneducated unskilled unproductive segment of America. Skin color doesn't cause that but the culture so very prevalent within the black and other minority communities does. The healing/change must come from within those communities or the cycle will continue.
yup, single moms = poverty = crime

rtFmzyry.png

yup, single moms = poverty = crime

View attachment 7643917
I think that is part of it, but the other part is that, as with many things related to black culture, we turn a bug into a feature. No we hear that standard family structure is part of white America, white privilege. There is no difference between blacks and whites, and it is shameful that we don't expect as much of them as we do of ourselves. We know that two parent households lead to better outcomes for kids, and instead we apologize for doing it ourselves and pretend it doesn't matter. It is stupid and unfair to black people.

Reactions: kmckinnon
Maybe teenagers and druggies can roam freely at night this day and age in parts of Chicago.. but I'm fairly certain I couldn't.
I'm listening to what you are saying, I just don't agree. I think you'd be hard pressed to find even a small pool of people that think there is no unsafe place in the US at night.

Chicago does have self-defense shootings. They added permit carry several years ago after the SC slapped them down a few notches.

Illinois statute 720 ILCS 5/6-4 provides that individuals may implement reasonable force to defend themselves or someone else. In addition, reasonable force may be used to defend one’s property.

To use self-defense in a murder case, the accused must show:

• There was a grave and immediate threat to the accused, another person, or the accused’s property;
  • The threat was illegal;
  • The accused believed that there was a danger present that required force; and
  • The accused used force that was equivalent to the threat.

Unwed mother pregnancies are partially or significantly driven by welfare and limited jobs for the fathers. Having most manufacturing done in China is a BIG part of the problem, IMO. Also, LBJ started much of the problem with welfare, and stated: "I will have them nxxxxxs voting for Democratic for 200 years".

Reactions: TurboTrout
I think that is part of it, but the other part is that, as with many things related to black culture, we turn a bug into a feature. No we hear that standard family structure is part of white America, white privilege. There is no difference between blacks and whites, and it is shameful that we don't expect as much of them as we do of ourselves. We know that two parent households lead to better outcomes for kids, and instead we apologize for doing it ourselves and pretend it doesn't matter. It is stupid and unfair to black people.
who is we? if you mean media, it isn't white christians.
perhaps if you didn't read it already, you should pick up Black Rednecks and White Liberals.
who pushed the empowered single mom bullshit? not "we" or at least not me.
you've come a long way baby, while pushing cigarettes?

A9E74665-993B-4199-8124-2D2D046B41CD.jpg

have you picked up Parenting magazine lately? where are the dads?

oh look, there are male parents!
brought to you by julia edelstein, editor of Parents.

parents_mag_cover_201901_800.jpg

Reactions: MtnCreek
who is we?
perhaps if you didn't read it already, you should pick up Black Rednecks and White Liberals.
who pushed the empowered single mom bullshit? not "we" or at least not me.
you've come a long way baby, while pushing cigarettes?

A9E74665-993B-4199-8124-2D2D046B41CD.jpg

have you picked up Parenting magazine lately? where are the dads?

oh look, there are male parents!
brought to you by julia edelstein, editor of Parents.

parents_mag_cover_201901_800.jpg
We is society. Shitty as it is, we are all a part of it. btw icu.

Per 1000 the black out of wedlock birth rate was 90 from the mid 60s to mid 70s, and is about 65 or so now, so I am pretty sure hipster parenting magazines aren't the proximate cause.
i didn't say it caused it, but it is perpetuating the idea that single moms are "normal" and not a tragedy.
did you also know that a child in a household with a male that is not their biological father is way more likely to be abused or mistreated.
many estimate it is 8-10x more likely

but other studies say it is as much as 40x more likely.

notably, the male is not necessarily more likely to be the abuser.

Reactions: srtsam and lash
i didn't say it caused it, but it is perpetuating the idea that single moms are "normal" and not a tragedy.
did you also know that a child in a household with a male that is not their biological father is way more likely to be abused or mistreated.
many estimate it is 8-10x more likely

but other studies say it is as much as 40x more likely.

notably, the male is not necessarily more likely to be the abuser.
I didn't know it, but I believe it. Women who marry multiple times are not known for making great choices in men.

I didn't know it, but I believe it. Women who marry multiple times are not known for making great choices in men.
so we financially support women that have babies and can't afford to even support themselves.
then we offer more money for housing if the father is not present in the household.
we are basically bribing women to have illegitimate children to pump into public school failure factories to create more of the same.
that is, if we can't talk them into killing the babies, further devaluing life in general and making taking a life a causal thing.

of course by we i mean liberals and democrats, and not conservatives like me.

so we financially support women that have babies and can't afford to even support themselves.
then we offer more money for housing if the father is not present in the household.
we are basically bribing women to have illegitimate children to pump into public school failure factories to create more of the same.
that is, if we can't talk them into killing the babies, further devaluing life in general and making taking a life a causal thing.

of course by we i mean liberals and democrats, and not conservatives like me.
Pretty much, and sadly, if you are a taxpayer, you are we.

Pretty much, and sadly, if you are a taxpayer, you are we.
my taxes only go to good things. your taxes all go to the bad things.
i worked out a deal. i identify as a good taxes payer.

my taxes only go to good things. your taxes all go to the bad things.
i worked out a deal. i identify as a good taxes payer.
Nice. I think they scanned my social media posts and decided I had to pay exclusively for fat people.

Nice. I think they scanned my social media posts and decided I had to pay exclusively for fat people.
fb had me tagged as conservative. no idea why. :unsure:

Personal Responsibility, words to live bye.

It’s not a matter of placing fault on someone, something. The correct process is make the changes that are needed. A better educational system, that produces a more productive workforce.

This could start by providing more skills & trades learning versus pushing everyone on the college path. Right now and over the past +25 years it seems like the vast majority of students have been pushed towards college with the military being the only other option that want to leave their home towns.

Whose fault is all that?

Reactions: lash

2021_city_map_060721.png
Sh-t that’s where I was born. Never really lived there, my earliest years were in Mississippi but all the rest of my life (66 years) were spent in Louisiana (discounting serving in the U. S. Army where my home of record was Louisiana.).

Still as a fairly small child, we would visit relatives who continued to live on the South Side. Nice streets, lots of trees, safe to play in and around the front yard. However, the last time I was there was 1980, place (Literally) resembled Berlin after the Russians invaded. Now, I would not go back even though I would really love to tour the Museum of science and Industry.

In 2007, after the end of the U S Grand Prix in Indianapolis, we drove up to Cedar Lake, Indiana and spent the July 4th holiday with the people of the Cedar Lake Yacht Club. (Our family was one of the charter members) My Grandparents Lake Cottage was still standing (one of the few) but was going major renovation after it had already been though a previous renovation. Still the main structure and the rooms were the same. Loved walking on the same floors I walked on in the 1950’s and early 1960’s. Much safer and nicer place.

Still, I am much happier to be sleeping with my Sweety in Our little Cottage on Caney Creek Lake in North Louisiana.

Reactions: NoDopes
It’s not a matter of placing fault on someone, something. The correct process is make the changes that are needed. A better educational system, that produces a more productive workforce.

This could start by providing more skills & trades learning

Yes, it absolutely IS about placing fault on SOMEONE. I'm sick and fucking tired of all the bullshit "fix the system" excuses.

Our system doesn't need fixing. How come immigrants from certain parts of the world come here without even two cents to their name and in ONE fucking generation their families are prosperous, productive, and successful while a significant portion of a minority that came here from Africa is still mired in poverty and crime?

How come the system "works" for the former and not the latter? I'll tell you how....the former is disciplined, hard working, and never had a fucking political party and its associated victim industry telling them how oppressed they are and how everyone owes them everything for something that happened 150 fucking years ago. Never mind that when the first oriental immigrants came here in the mid 19th century they were treated worse than stray dogs.

GTFO with that shit

And by the way, there is PLENTY of vocational training opportunities if people just fucking LOOKED for them and didn't, yet again, expect that information to be handed to them with no effort on their part.

According to a recent report by CBS News, the Brookhaven Police Department are searching for a suspect who stabbed a pregnant woman on the Peachtree Creek Greenway on Saturday.

The woman, who is 5 months pregnant, was walking with her younger child on Saturday afternoon when the suspect tried to start a conversation with her. As she walked away, the suspect proceeded to stab the woman in the back more than 20 times with a pocket knife.

The woman suffered serious injuries but she is expected to survive. According to friends of the victim, her unborn child was delivered via emergency C-section at a nearby hospital. Her older child was not injured in the attack.

The suspect is described by police as a black male around 30 years old, and is approximately 5’8″ tall. The suspect was reportedly wearing a white tank top, long, dark shorts, and a colored hat with the word “DOPE” written in multi-color letters during the attack.
Homicides were up 63 percent across Atlanta from January 1 to May 23 compared to the same period last year, crime data show.

Rape rates have surged 108 percent, shooting incidents rose 45 percent, and aggravated assaults have jumped 29 percent since the death of George Floyd.

The suspect is described by police as a black male around 30 years old, and is approximately 5’8″ tall. The suspect was reportedly wearing a white tank top, long, dark shorts, and a colored hat with the word “DOPE” written in multi-color letters during the attack.

I'd already have my right hand under my shirt and around the grip..............

Reactions: MtnCreek
Just curious, what’s the chance of being killed on base in Iraq?

Just wonder how places like Chicago stack up.

Indeed

Reactions: kmckinnon
el salvador is safer than baltimore.

No, No, NO! Atlanta and Chicago and Baltimore are wonderful, Safe places compared to Monroe Louisiana and Bastrop, Louisiana. At least one year, Bastrop was listed as The Most Dangerous City In America! What’s your chance of being killed in Bastrop, well lets see, during the year they were listed #1, this city of about 10,000 souls, suffered a murder. A Murder. One as in 1 murder for the entire year. According to the statistics, cbs and all the other liberal sewer pits use, Bastrop was the most dangerous city in America when compared to murders per 100,000 people. Now during that same year, that denizen of safety and peace and love, Chicago, had about that many murders between supper time and before dark on January 1st. Oh, that most dangerous city..Did not have a murder the year before or the year after.

There are places in Monroe and Shreveport and even some of the smaller cities of Louisiana and other rural states that one might want to use caution when in those areas. However, I have, in the course of my first career, been in all those places and while cautious, never was in danger of a violent crime. However during an appointment with a client in Lake Providence, Louisiana, I made sure I was seated near a window, So I could see if there would be at least three wheels left on my vehicle by the time the appointment was over :)

Last edited:
So folks don’t raise their kids right, and are single mothers, because the state doesn’t provide more government enforcers?

Don’t think police are a major factor in the equation of why these places suck so bad.

Who was it that said the problem with Mexico is the Mexicans?
pretty sure buckhead is where some of the rich wypipo live, and basically they don't want to rely on LE from some shithole that is run by corrupt politicians that don't give a fuck about wypipo and the victims of crime in rich areas (or poor areas for that matter).

pretty sure buckhead is where some of the rich wypipo live, and basically they don't want to rely on LE from some shithole that is run by corrupt politicians that don't give a fuck about wypipo and the victims of crime in rich areas (or poor areas for that matter).

Police are a joke anyways, always have been, “civil matter” or the SCOTUS no duty to protect, honestly thinking the police ever were ones salvation, might as well worship the lady at the DMV lol

Police are a joke anyways, always have been, “civil matter” or the SCOTUS no duty to protect, honestly thinking the police ever were ones salvation, might as well worship the lady at the DMV lol
perhaps, but the folks paying lots of local taxes should be able to expect some police presence as a deterrent and reasonable response times.
i think they are making a point about not getting local services from the taxes they pay and i don't blame them.

perhaps, but the folks paying lots of local taxes should be able to expect some police presence as a deterrent and reasonable response times.
i think they are making a point about not getting local services from the taxes they pay and i don't blame them.

Those folks are dumb as a bag of rocks.

Have they been asleep since the 90s? That’s not what police are about anymore