• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oh How it's changed

G

When I first came here, the place was so much different. The membership was as diversified as it is to date, but somewhat greater. There were guys who could take a joke as well as dish it out. Some of the "Whats the best glass threads" were interesting to say the least, but one thing that came from them are products you see today. Glass that is not a 3X or 4X factor which many said could not be built and laughed at those who ask why not? Then a thread about a scope with a range finder built in with a ballistic computer as well, the nay sayers were all over that one. We talked about tactics, gear, and how to use what was at hand, to complete most every task. Not many gear queers back then either.

Threads about, Minute of Duck, Own the night, Is Frank real or not? Trick shots at ranges out west, The one where many were pilling on Switchblade, (many of those types just change it to Member X__________ )

Guys I miss like, K. Musssck(spell) Shumway(spell) Mike D. and the crew from Badlands, M700 DMCI (spell) and so many others.

I recall times when it was boring for 20-24 hrs, then other times the threads went from 5 to 50-60 posts within a few short hrs.
Reading threw most of them you could tell very quickly who was using a search engine, and who had lived it first hand.
I recall were a uniform was posted, then later on a paper towel scope that Frank made and vetted, was a hit as well. The times we all came together, and times we all said nothing when we should have.

Please add what you recall,........

I recall people who knew things instead of people who heard things.

I remember when EVERYONE had a SS 10x and you were tripping over the darn things. Also when Maser came to be.... Oh that was something. Over the years I've tried to listen and learn more than post to up my count like I see so much today.

Good morning:

I suspect multiple factors all contributing to a change in tone and culture. In no particular order (since I've been here):

The issue of all web communities having a kind of life span, with a definite 'sweet spot' in its adolescent to middle years.

The way the War on Terror has merchandized what one of my rifle instructors used to refer to as a 'craft'.

The commercialization of the site itself, which theoretically should have no effect on content, but cannot help send different messages than when it was commercial-free.

The way other web communities, AR15.com in particular, established a shout-first, ask questions later culture, which then becomes the default behavior for new members here unless they are successfully retrained.

The way ever-better gear has redirected the conversation away from the shooter himself and, to a certain extent, moved the ownership of the shot to the material and not the man, at least in many minds.

Our present political environemnt contaminates much of our love for, and practice of, these skills, even affecting the way we discuss them, or how we act to each other when discussing them.

The way precision shooting has become a 'big tent', in which everybody with an AR or Rem 700 with a mil-scale scope can now spend a few hours with ballistic software and on-line training and then jump in, is clearly a blessing, but also democratizes the conversations, and makes seperating wheat from chaff that much harder. This, I should point out, is one cost I'm more than happy to pay, for the benefits should def outweigh the annoyance.

Bill

I remember when a dumb question was posted it was answered by NOBODY. It usually involved some entertainment and some nice pictures of dead meat.

Last edited:
Shooting 155scenars @ warp
back then anything but 175smk was crazy talk,

I wish Green788 (dan newberry) founding father of OCW had NOT been run off by ignorant nuts, now OCW/OBT is considered the way to go

Yes i like many miss NOBODY

Good morning:

I suspect multiple factors all contributing to a change in tone and culture. In no particular order (since I've been here):

The issue of all web communities having a kind of life span, with a definite 'sweet spot' in its adolescent to middle years.

The way the War on Terror has merchandized what one of my rifle instructors used to refer to as a 'craft'.

The commercialization of the site itself, which theoretically should have no effect on content, but cannot help send different messages than when it was commercial-free.

The way other web communities, AR15.com in particular, established a shout-first, ask questions later culture, which then becomes the default behavior for new members here unless they are successfully retrained.

The way ever-better gear has redirected the conversation away from the shooter himself and, to a certain extent, moved the ownership of the shot to the material and not the man, at least in many minds.

Our present political environemnt contaminates much of our love for, and practice of, these skills, even affecting the way we discuss them, or how we act to each other when discussing them.

The way precision shooting has become a 'big tent', in which everybody with an AR or Rem 700 with a mil-scale scope can now spend a few hours with ballistic software and on-line training and then jump in, is clearly a blessing, but also democratizes the conversations, and makes seperating wheat from chaff that much harder. This, I should point out, is one cost I'm more than happy to pay, for the benefits should def outweigh the annoyance.

Bill

You forgot Shankster

I remember when a dumb question was posted it was answered by NOBODY. It usually involved some entertainment and some nice pictures of dead meat.
Larry had a way with words no question about it. His "Break In" method was 100% pure classic.
Then again who could forget, water boy, whats the best scope, his reply, "XXX M1A" who makes the best mags for a AR, his reply again, XXX M1A Who makes a good shitt'er lid, His reply, XXX M1A. Gets a free invite to any Hide shoot, says he has nothing to shoot it with, gets a free offer to shoot it with a real deal XM21 and it's correct S/N'ed scope and passes, Priceless just Priceless.

Dan Newberry (Green 788) was a big loss, as were many others, along the way

The amount of material lost over the years and many of the roads some of the guys no longer here had traveled, truly would have made a good movie, or at least a very good read.

I'm new to sniper's hide, but not to gunboards in general. While there are many factors that work to diminish the quality of a particular group of people on the internet, the most important one I've observed has been ease of access to the Internet.

I started internetting when I was about 9 years old with AOL 3.5. Luckily I found some people on the net that liked to break rules and do things other people couldn't do. That got me on a path to intelligence. Back then, I was the only kid I knew who used the internet. It stayed that way until I was in Highschool, but still very few people I knew used the internet. The primary use of the net at that time was, for the folks I knew, to look up cheat codes for games, pron, and other things of interest. Search Engines were an idea, E-mail wasn't a big deal, forums were for those who knew to look for them, and free e-mail providers weren't very good at spying on their user base yet.

The types of people who used forums (and news groups, mailing lists, IRC chat rooms, etc) were rare people with some talent. Nowadays, I am the one who gets the "You don't use X??!!" comments (facefuck, twittard, etc) and I don't know any people under 80 that don't use the internet.

Case in point: Idiots can get on the internet with less effort than it takes to use a turn signal, and snipershide is often in the top few google search results when using search terms crafted by idiots. Now, for the vast majority of idiots, registering for a forum is still too much work, but I think, to filter out an even larger group of idiots, a test should have to be taken to register.

Kind of like an ASVAB, but more focused on specific skills and knowledge of topics the board is most concerned with. Of course, assholes can still pass the test, but I appreciate a smart asshole more than a stupid one.

I recall that I owe this forum far more than I could ever pay back, so I try to pay it forward.

Greg

The internet reminds me of a quote from a friend, who spent a lot of time in prison. He told me "In the joint you can be anyone you want. A miserable chicken thief can be a king just by running his mouth loud and long." Seems an apt analogy.

Yes, Gunfighter, even in my brief tenure here I remember good long conversations by Lindy and others. Life changes and ya gotta roll with it or it rolls over you.

Life changes and ya gotta roll with it or it rolls over you.
Don't have issue with changes at all, just trying to get a grip on were all the Y's were in the road that led to this point.

Many that are no longer here brought so much to the table, it's just a shame to trade that kind of talent for those who think post counts are where it's at.

So who else have I forgotten? I know there are many, but this old mind is starting to fade away.

Shoes, and the Diver from La., Texas Jim, I know there are many, many others. Who was the guy that had 30+ years of EOD, and PM'ed a few of them around?

The person I credit with providing the most technical knowledge that I learned was Lindy. Most laughs was Brian Sain's recount of the "muddy" bad coffee call out. Moral/rational compass goes to Graham and Greg Langelius.

But those that are really affected dont know it. Those that have been around know who to take at their word. The shear influx of webtards probably makes it a wall of missinformation to those that have no idea who is who!

Moral/rational compass goes to Graham and Greg Langelius.

I try to keep it 'real', but in doing that I frequently piss-off the dreamers, chaos-mongers, fabricators and conspiracy theorists.

I miss FortyOne's insightful posts, like the one about how chess pieces are like the military rank structure. I looked for that one but couldn't find it.

Perhaps we should start a Thread memorializing the best stand-alone posts. I think the greatest compliment I received here was when Lindy replied: "I wish I had written that." It made me feel welcome.

Last edited:
Where the fuck is:

BOLT STRIPPER?

I know, I know

I got many laughs from Captain Kickass and his exchanges with Frank.

Lindy was a wealth of knowledge even though it took me reading what he wrote at least two, sometimes three times to understand it.

not that long ago and before me, we used to be allowed to police our own. There were plenty of fucktards that would show up, but would quickly get called out and realized it was not worth staying around. It was very military-esc in that you had to have a thick skin and wouldn't even think about whining to a moderator if you were offended.

For the most part, the only members were people that were willing to put up with shit because they:

A- wanted to learn

or

B- knew their shit and didnt need to impress anybody.

Yeah, i miss that. I do appreciate the reach this forum has and the amount of new shooters it has attracted to the sport.
I don't like the enormous amount of misinformation that abounds and is rarely called out as bullshit for the world to see.

oh, and for those that don't know, this community is indebted to Frank for this sight and all he has done to promote this sport.

Like what this sight is or not, the effect it has had on this sport should be recognized.

All these missing legends are part of secret masons 33degree Masonic skull and bones 322 sniper forum that we obviously have not located and been initiated into it.

waxing nostalgic are we, ill play....twas that one time dolph lundgren and i were zeroing out to 4 miles give or take, wilst billy zane did spot fer us carefully updating us on angle o me dangle. i with me trusty elr sks platform wearing a bsa mildot and he with his hipoint precision tactical carbine topped with a countersniper ffp with mil mil turrets did find that yes....dialing for coriolis does assist in eotvos corrections and we were able to hold .25 moa all day long if we did our respective parts mind you. those were the times that make me arse clench round me keester stashed secondary while lying motionless in me urban hide pondering the lethality of unobtainium 22lr and the usefulness of dongflage paintings by vjj punisher.

waxing nostalgic are we
Nope, but patterns and whys of slow change have always interested me.

I agree we all owe Frank as does the sport, but some of those he banned (forever)were the reason many of us came back as much as we did. Just the reads an photos that Larry (NOBODY) posted were worth the trip, let alone others who seemed to mis their meds as directed.
Many things happened along the way, some good some well different,.... is a good word I guess. Just the amount of folks who had very good intentions like, the Sniper who went to work for Leupold, the guy who wanted you to "Own the night" or the guy from Harris who got canned for just wanting to help folks here out.
Then you have those who stopped by thinking they could B/S the group. While they did the fans, but like everything else when the players showed up they got their ass handed to them. As you look at gear now you see major changes that I believe came directly from pissing contests on here.

It's been a trip to this point for sure, and hopefully it will continue for a long, long time.

waxing nostalgic are we, ill play....twas that one time dolph lundgren and i were zeroing out to 4 miles give or take, wilst billy zane did spot fer us carefully updating us on angle o me dangle. i with me trusty elr sks platform wearing a bsa mildot and he with his hipoint precision tactical carbine topped with a countersniper ffp with mil mil turrets did find that yes....dialing for coriolis does assist in eotvos corrections and we were able to hold .25 moa all day long if we did our respective parts mind you. those were the times that make me arse clench round me keester stashed secondary while lying motionless in me urban hide pondering the lethality of unobtainium 22lr and the usefulness of dongflage paintings by vjj punisher.
Now that is funny stuff right there!

While new here, I'm not exactly a spring chicken myself. I've been on other boards where time and community size created change that not all agreed was for the best. I'm not really sure that it can be avoided.

I'm reading about some great characters and appreciate them for what they are, but I wouldn't bemoan too much the changes nor the new crowd of knuckleheads (myself included). It seems from my perspective that there's a similar mix of a few knowledgeable, experienced types in amongst the bulk of usual suspects. I'm pretty sure that only the newest to the forum or the most naive will not be able to tell good information from hyped BS. I know that it didn't take me too long to get a solid idea of whom to trust for advice.

Sure, some of the best may have left, but that is life's progression. It doesn't stop because we're on the wonderful world of interweb.

On that note, please carry on with the stories of the past, as I'm enjoying them just fine.

Knucklehead out.

A lot of the old guard is still around, I met up with Kmussack not too long ago for drinks and if your willing to travel you'll find a coup,e here and there at a match or two. Now much of the information is held by the competition shooters who don't necesassarily say much in order to protect their place on the team.

Larry I like and always liked. The only issue was the number of complaints, because people are quick to cry to the admin about foul language or a naked titty. We just couldn't handle the flood of emailś freaking out about his language. I am the first one to swear at someone I see as being an asshole, but people today just can't handle it.

Today I had to removed a banned member again who was on his 11th attempt to cause a problem here because I swore at him. He continues to come back and post shit because he didn't like me calling it like I saw it. Too many feel we owe them something here and their opinion, even wrong is worth every bit of a right one. They feel the bad information they relay is just as valuable because they heard it or read so don't dare correct them.

I have taken to banning more than I thought I would. I would almost rather 10 solid members than 100 full of shit. The politics and conspiracy theories just drive me absolutely crazy and I am whiling to piss a lot off to keep that stuff away from here. It's getting to be a mind bending thing keeping that off here that it hurts my brain some days.

We never spoke about politics in the past, it was about the Art & Science of Shooting. Long Range Precision Rifle is a thinking man's sport and stupidity automatically disqualifies you in my opinion. If you're not smart enough to filter out the propaganda you're not smart enough to get a round on target.

There have been some other things too, a few just didn't like how I ran things or felt they could do better. Or they were looking to capitalize on the market so their priorities changed. CKA was one, he went from being the biggest jokester on here to wanting to distance himself from the persona he created. It was a case of, don't say that anymore cause today I have to be serious despite what I did or said last week. Well to each his own. A lot of other sites grew out of a dislike for me, it has become a cottage industry to compete alongside SH, buy a domain, install the software and then recruit anyone I pissed off to join in.

I am not shy about telling people, only 10% of the information on here is worth it. But with over 2 million posts, 10% is a lot. We still have some solid shooters, and definitely some world class individuals who are happy to share. I still smile when I see Greg L post and I appreciate all the top notch shooters that contribute. The new guys who want to get into this segment of the sport would do well to promote the talent here instead of blindly following anyone willing to reply. Real world experience still rules the day, and butting heads against those with it because of something you read, or heard, or saw on TV is never gonna get you to the front of the line.

It does,

its all about instant gratification and what is owed ... I want it now and I want it my way like the Burger King drive thru.

Nobody want to put their dues in, they want to purchase success with the buy it now button.

So much to think back over ......... NOBODY would have to take the cake for entertainment and Balldboy's T-Shirt sales threads come to mind for some reason. He was always sending a deal my way on something I didn't know that I needed. Seems there was so much good info, so much knowledge, Greg L, Lindy, and many others previously mentioned. Hundreds of hours reading until way after midnight - enjoyed all of it. Thanks to all of you who posted the stuff I remember and the stuff I don't but still enjoyed.

Respectfully,
CT

I don't visit or comment as much because it seems alot of the newcomers have BTDT a hell of a lot more than I ever did & I just don't care to argue. Yeah, right ... WTF do I know ? Miss seeing you at HR , Gungfighter14e2 (I have even fired one of those a time or 2) ... the only constant is change.

This site has changed a lot, in my time here. Some have gone, thanks to God, others have endured on to haunt us all.

My favorite is when Maser posted about running off the bad guy that was in his back yard with his shotgun. Total legenday hero shit there, believe it.

While we are on the subject of me, I remember one of the first times I got a "vacation" from this site, critter_capper was all acting cocky over it with me over on AIM and not even a week after his little taunt, he goes and gets himself perma-banned for insulting a world renowned gunsmith publicly. Was funny how quick he was to block me after I was going to turn the tables on him. :D

its all about instant gratification and what is owed ... I want it now and I want it my way like the Burger King drive thru. Nobody want to put their dues in, they want to purchase success with the buy it now button.
That is not just here, thats everything any more.

It must be something about spring time that gets to those of us with a few miles under our boots that cause us to ruminate and wax nostalgic. There have certainly been many "characters" here but there have also been a great many walking volumes of information that for the price of a well thought out question would go all the way down the road of what was known, guessed and imagined as possible. Some remain, some have disappeared and other float in and out on the fringes.

Looking at the innovations that we take for granted to day it is rather instructive to look back 10 years and see where we were.

Magazine fed bolt rifles - who'd a thunk it.
Suppressors - those were for sub guns.
What do you mean there is something better than Leupold?
If it ain't a 308 it's all BS - a 6.5mm what? A .243 - yeah that's gonna work.

The list goes on. To a great degree a lot of that happened right here. For that "Thanks Frank!"

Cheers,

Doc

Thank you all for the compliments; you seem to hold me in higher regard that I believe applies, but I'll take whatever is offered.

Some years back, I had posted some articles, and then requested they be taken down (in a fit of moronic pique).

I have never felt right about that since, and deeply regret the way things shook out back then. If it's agreeable, I would like to start that Black Thoughts series over again, from scratch, not because I think they were all that good, but because they have become so woefully obsolete that I'd hate to have folks think that stuff was the best I could do. But that would not be up to me.

Back then, the series was pretty much about starting out in serious shooting using a clean sheet of paper, trying some things, reporting results, and taking some stabs at larger conclusions. My means were humble, my efforts were frugal, and no matter what has come since than, those are still good principles. IMHO, they are still supported in my most recent project here, i.e. frugally enhancing some vintage service rifles.

Since then, far more polished and accomplished shooters and writers than I have populated this site, and we've lost the participation of a few who simply could never have been replaced.

In that regard, Kevin "Special K" comes to mind. His initial efforts to concoct a modern day Sniper Manual were incomparable, IMHO, and I can only surmise that his capacity for such things has multiplied in the interim. I'd like to see that initiative restarted.

Change is good, change is (or should be) constant.

Also, I know I've been running my mouth regarding the recent legal environment as it affects gun owners. I don't like what's going on, have serious misgivings about outcomes, and am having significant difficulty imagining how to both suggest better outcomes, and also staying away from running afoul of psychobabble political prognostication. There's a lot of that going around, and it's probably an invitation to disaster.

I also note that folks have found all sorts of things in my posts that I never intended to have shaken out of them. In that regard, what you see is all there is. If you don't see it, there's a damned good possibility it was left out intentionally, so please don't be adding, interpolating, extending, or revising my marks afterward. That's for politicians and I am not one, God help us all if I ever changed that.

Up front and clear as can be, I will never engage or support insurrection because I think it weakens our nation and makes it vulnerable to a myriad evils and threats we don't want. The firebrands we find ourselves among seem highly likely to throw out the baby with the bath water. I won't be part of that.

If apocalypse come, my role would be to try and help round up and resocialize the strays. When life in general becomes cheap, each individual life becomes so much more dearly precious. We all tend to forget that in our surge to become impregnable. Whatever enclave one enacts, no enclave encompasses all that is needed; and enclaves working together achieve more than enclaves working at odds. That's my view, anyway, for whatever good it is.

So whatever change we endure here, whatever change we achieve here; it's been for the good, and I intend to help it stay that way.

Greg

Last edited:
It does,

its all about instant gratification and what is owed ... I want it now and I want it my way like the Burger King drive thru.

Nobody want to put their dues in, they want to purchase success with the buy it now button.

I've watched this thread since its inception with interest. I'm mid fifties and can somewhat relate to what some of these charter members are feeling through my own experiences. As you can see, I'm a relative newcomer with a higher than average post count, wasn't planned that way, I've just been unemployed for a period of time and have a substantial amount of time on my hands.
Some history, I'm definitely non military and LE, I just liked the precision long range theme.

I was in the mining industry for 28 years, and went through many types of pay systems, advancement systems, titles, etc...
Not to start a fight but, seniority doesn't=competence. Now why some of the more recent members act or respond like they do, that's beyond me, but there seems to shitheads at all levels. And I really liked Doc's post above, he seems to have a grip on the evolution thing going on here.
Now for LL's second sentence, why shouldn't someone feel they can buy success? It's out there right now, rifles, scopes, training, and one needs to look no farther than the advice given right here on this forum. If you're not shooting a GAP or similar rifle, equipped with a S&B PMII 5x25, Badger or Sphur mounts and rings, a Badger diaper, Manner's or McMillan stock, with 6 flush cups, maybe a chassis, and a Vectronix LRF to range your AR 500 targets, you're pretty much under geared!! Fuck. Just look at the bubble level thread in the gear section, no 30-60 dollar level is going to cut it, you need the 160.00 dollar one with the 45 degree pic rail so you can rotate your 18 pound300 Win mag and engage 20-60 yard targets, right on.

Now I totally agree it's a shame some great people have been run off of here by BS. I've read a couple of Lindy's posts also, and pretty much turned away scratching my empty head, I couldn't comprehend a thing he said, and for my shooting, not sure that I needed to. On the flip side, there's quite a few members posting here that need to realize that they're not Wade Stutteville or Shannon Kay, and that their advice might not be as sound as one thinks. Just browsing the PRS website, you can see after the top 30 places, it's pretty much just filler, just people paying to compete, just saying.

I kind of live reasoning that there is always someone who will come along that's bigger, faster, stronger, smarter, etc, it just makes sense to pass the torch gracefully, especially if they're beating you with the very means you supplied to them.

I personally miss Nate Haler.

A wordsmith, to say the least, and through numerous email and phone conversations I found my way, as twisted to some as it may be.

I joined this site for one reason only, to buy my first long range gun, and some may remember the controversy that was started over a certain gun I bought, and that little episode took me completely out of shooting for a couple of years, but now I'm back with a vengeance.

My favorite part now is people are putting what they own on the bottom of their post, in their sig line I guess.

Reminds me of the Toyota Tacoma forums, I cannot believe people think I (or anyone really) rightly gives a fuck what they have.

From my first badass custom gun I actually bought from Nate Haler to the crap I have now, (ask me anytime and I'll tell you), but this has been somewhat of a facebook transformation in that some folks think that it matters (even slightly) about your post count, or what you advertise you own.......

Just what came into my head.

As the title says, 'I have issues'

Someone told me that on this board one time, I now wear it like a badge of honor.

sean

Greg

you should repost them and we can then hit the Blog this post and it will become more permanent.

Milo,
There is a difference between identifying the best equipment and thinking you can use it. I shoot basic video for the online training and have invested in very capable camera equipment. If I decided tomorrow to invest in a RED Epic w/a Dragon sensor I would not be under any personal illusion I was the next Pete Jackson. Owning said camera doesn't make me Spielberg anymore than owning a Tubb 2000 w/ a DTR in a S&B would make me the next David Tubb. If the purchaser of any high end gear thinks it equals instant competence they are seriously mistaken. It only makes them someone with a large amount of disposable income.

That is the point, sure we focus on the best, but if you're really paying attention you'll never once read a single top shooter claim their S&B was the reason they succeeded. They may use it to minimize failures, but it's not there to carry them to success.

Almost all of my personal training videos have me shooting a 308, sure they are good ones, but still 308s. In most the equipment is playing a bit part, cameos mostly because it's not the arrow, it's the Indian. I want strong Braves capable of wielding any bow with equal success.

OK, but I'll have to scare them up from backup and do a bunch of updating. No biggie, it'll happen.

Greg

I remember when Larry (NOBODY) and Anthony (ElkHuntingGuide) would smell blood and finish it off....in excellent form/fashion, I might add.
I remember picking the brain of Terry (TwoShoes) regarding reloading concepts, techniques, etc. I remember bringing Frank a quad-shot Americano at SHOT Show and watching him hit it like a crack whore hits a pipe.

Reactions: jrhammons
Don't get me wrong: I am glad that this Site has become a commercial success. Like an old nightclub, I remember when Frank put his own money into it every month just to pay the rent. But back then there was a natural selection that took place among the membership and, like basic training, that vetting process worked rather well to mold people to the corporate culture of experience first and talk second. Many of the new people here would not have survived in that environment. Like women in combat: A great idea; but if you lower the standards to achieve it you water down the quality of the product.

The Hide is where my children put me when I first started to see how "This New Computer" works.
Years ago, and I have learned a bunch, however, I don't know how to post pictures.
My youngest son was trying to sell me on how these computers worked. "Ask it anything and you will get an answer."
So I asked it about how the first round out of my Garand was low left, then the others good?
A reply came up from Sniper"s Hide and I took it all in. Then I asked a second question and got a reply.
At that point I REALLY thought I was just asking these questions and out of the nether regions an answer would pop up out of this black box.
Finally, one of the members that was answering all these questions chimed in with something like,"You ask questions and get a response yet you never say Thank You or respond, "You are" Foul.""
Up until that point I really didn't understand the thing. I had no idea that there were real people answering these question. I thought it was something like wikipedia so I registered then. I was really stupid as to this computer stuff. I think I am #23 or 24.
That brought me to the point that there are a lot of good people on here and you can ask for things like binoculars and Pappy's and get or send what is needed.
My old friends from CSP in NE Colo. Mac and Bob showed me lots but learned from me too. RIP It was the good times and they ran the show, They knew when to hold em, when to fold em and when to show em and got things done as they were meant to be. Something that is lacking in our area now. They knew the welding truck was close by and had their six.
We all shot on weekends or other times and it was the usual to go see the neat Snakes etc. they had bought to make their lives easier.
Thanks Frank and may the Hide live on and educate all who come here. Regards, FM