• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oh How it's changed

F.M.
Like you I knew nothing about puters, but my Daughter showed me how to get on and slowly I could make my way around the net to see how it worked. One day I was on a web site that listed things from long ago, and also where I found a few guys I had known. Never knew what email was so the daughter sent one for me and bingo I found guys I thought I would never see again.
From that point I was impressed somewhat with the new toy, it brought joy and pain at the same time. Found this place after a few months, and the rest is as they say history. Thanks to puters and Frank I met some great folks from the hide which led to many many folks. Even remember the day I was breaking in my .308 GAP and ASM1 came over. Later he showed me this scope he had, called US optics. Man that seems like yesterday, and years ago at the same time.
Been a learning experience every time I log on, hope it stays that way for the FNG's that are here now, and those to come.

F.M.
Like you I knew nothing about puters, but my Daughter showed me how to get on and slowly I could make my way around the net to see how it worked. One day I was on a web site that listed things from long ago, and also where I found a few guys I had known. Never knew what email was so the daughter sent one for me and bingo I found guys I thought I would never see again.
From that point I was impressed somewhat with the new toy, it brought joy and pain at the same time. Found this place after a few months, and the rest is as they say history. Thanks to puters and Frank I met some great folks from the hide which led to many many folks. Even remember the day I was breaking in my .308 GAP and ASM1 came over. Later he showed me this scope he had, called US optics. Man that seems like yesterday, and years ago at the same time.
Been a learning experience every time I log on, hope it stays that way for the FNG's that are here now, and those to come.

LOL, when I first got into comps I took a course at the local community college. Seems like every time I sat down at one it went belly up. Finally, about the third class I sat down and the whole row of computers went out. Teacher asked me to leave and not come back. Later on I bought one and ended up throwing it through a window...with the window closed...that was expensive. Finally, after more than 20 years I can navigate and do a few small tricks, but Ill never be a Shankster.

I started reading this site during a deployment while researching a new rifle. I recall plainly trying to read every thread in the Bolt Action Rifles forum, trying to pick up any amount of new useful information. By the end of the deployment Switchblade was sending me cigars. Thanks again for that, by the way.

After returning, it took the wife a few months to understand that this forum became a very real connection to some of the personalities I learned from while I was gone; and a lot of those names have been mentioned in recent posts. I'll also echo others sentiments that I take real pause when seeing a post from Greg, Graham, or Lindy. Each of you take time to craft your thoughts, and at the same time leave the door open to persuasion. If anything, people like this writing confidently from personal experience while displaying genuine humility has been in much shorter supply in recent years.

I miss a lot of the old guys. Lindy, Two Shoes as well as many others.
What has happened to them?
Maybe get some of them back on board if it can happen or are they are out shooting through the clouds. Regards, FM

I remember when Shankster dated a regular size girl and Pete had a AR that destroyed every scope but a Counter Sniper. And then there was Shaggy (I think) that auctioned a nose hair on EBay.