• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Oh it stinks worse when you're in the shower!

Garvey

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Melissa, Texas
What the hell is that about? Lack of clothing to filter? Hot humid air potentiates the stink?

Tacos and black beans a the fire station last night and I released some gas at the end of my shower. Thought about restarting the whole shower process all over again.

Re: Oh it stinks worse when you're in the shower!

I'm laughing to the point of tears right now, but I know what you mean. It kinda makes you think about what your underwear is holding back.

I think the hot air rising wafts it up into your face. So, it doesn't stink worse, it just stinks closer to your nose. Imagine being a midget and dealing with that all of the time!

Its the humidity, the gas is hydrated, and carried in the moisture to your nose, and then deposited on your nerve endings, and thus; the hot wet shitties.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Garvey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What the hell is that about? Lack of clothing to filter? </div></div>

It's pretty simple physics. Body odors are 99% waste-gases from bacteria on your skin and/or in your intestinal tract (E-Coli). Your clothes prevent air flow against your skin which is the same reason they keep you warm. When you don't have any clothes on, air moving around will pick these gases and move them around as freely as the air currents allow. Showers and by extension bathrooms, are enclosed boxes which will concentrate your aromas the longer you're in there and the more air that encounters your body, the more gases are sent into that enclosed box. The moving water of a shower simply creates a lot of air movement. The humid air also wets the inside of your nose allowing your olfactory senses to be heightened (same reason dogs lick their noses).

I wonder if Discovery would do a special on this?
Bill Nye should host.

The worst, I mean the WORST, is to shart ( bet ya know what that means ) in your waders while duck hunting. Bend over to pick up a spent shell, and your breakfast will be returning immediately.

And the dog looks at you funny....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bdw0469</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm laughing to the point of tears right now </div></div>

I was hoping I could do that for someone today!

to much info garvey, just dont need the mental image of all that

OK, now we know why they stink worse in the shower.

Anyone have any clever ideas about why they're also louder in there??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mikee Booshay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The worst, I mean the WORST, is to shart ( bet ya know what that means ) in your waders while duck hunting. Bend over to pick up a spent shell, and your breakfast will be returning immediately.

And the dog looks at you funny.... </div></div>

Damn you Booshay, you owe me a keyboard!!! Been there.

Finally, some useful information in this damn gun loving site!! I think they're louder not only because of the echo but because the gasses need to break through the barrier of water in your ass crack and the sonic boom causes a rippling effect on your butt cheeks.

If Lowlight did a video on this and added it to the training section I would buy it for every one of my friends.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rather-b-huntin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, now we know why they stink worse in the shower.

Anyone have any clever ideas about why they're also louder in there?? </div></div>Being boxed in inside a smooth echo chamber is part of it, but the thick humid air is a better conductor for soundwaves. The same reason sharks can hear things from long distances, water is a good conductor. From your ass to a sharks mouth..........this ladies and gentlemen, is snipershide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c-3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to much info garvey, just dont need the mental image of all that</div></div>

I'm sexy and you know it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c-3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to much info garvey, just dont need the mental image of all that </div></div>

My thought as I started this thread. TMI.

But it was like that fart...You knew you shuldnt inhale but you did it anyway. If you think tacos and black beans are bad try some <span style="text-decoration: underline">Good For Ya </span> textrueized soy protien. Made a pot of chili years ago and used that cause I had no hamburger. It was so intense I couldnt sleep, couldnt even lie down, had to go out side and walk arond all night. If yo want to punish your spouse, children, or co-workers, thats the way to go.

Just don't have the illusion that the wind will carry a fart away when riding a motorcycle. Nope. Takes it straight into Your helmet.

A good friend of mine enlightened me once to the fact that farts are nothing more than airborne poop particles. Just some food for thought...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JasonB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A good friend of mine enlightened me once to the fact that farts are nothing more than airborne poop particles. Just some food for thought... </div></div>

Your good friend was wrong and his enlightenment was false. Farts are not airborne 'poop', they are the gas produced by the bacteria (mostly E-coli) eating your 'poop'. You need smarter friends.

You sir, let loose with a "Camel, non-filtered" fart. Always stinks worse because there is no clothing to filter out some of the microscopic shit particles and bacteria that make their way to your nose.

Tried trapping a fart in a 20oz coke bottle when I was a kid. Decided to take a "whiff" just out of curiosity. Stunk so bad my fucking left eyebrow almost fell off.

I'm no longer curious about anything.

The distance from asshole to nose as well as layers of clothing has a crucial role in the amount of stink. Just like basketball, tall people have an advantage here.

To continue this saga of stench, I read an article that says that water particles from the toilet swirling during a flush can travel 6-12 feet. Think about whats mixed with that water and about your toothbrush hanging on the wall.
sick.gif
Mabey the girls have a valid point in wanting that lid down...quickly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To continue this saga of stench, I read an article that says that water particles from the toilet swirling during a flush can travel 6-12 feet. Think about whats mixed with that water and about your toothbrush hanging on the wall.
sick.gif
Mabey the girls have a valid point in wanting that lid down...quickly. </div></div>

I took a food science class a few years back and we took swabs from all over the university and each others bodies and let them incubate for 50 hours on a Agar agar growth medium petri dishes.

Sit down toilets we're by far the cleanest things we sampled (both inside the bowl and on the seat). Door handles were way up there on the bad scale but surprisingly people's beards were the dirtiest nastiest things we tested. Beards had more bacteria and overall variety of bacteria than the bottom of your shoes. Clothing was very dirty too. In short, your beards is far <span style="text-decoration: underline">FAR</span> worse than 200 petri-dishes filled with the most random shit 25 students could find, and we were going out of our way to find nasty shit...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To continue this saga of stench, I read an article that says that water particles from the toilet swirling during a flush can travel 6-12 feet. Think about whats mixed with that water and about your toothbrush hanging on the wall.
sick.gif
Mabey the girls have a valid point in wanting that lid down...quickly. </div></div>

I took a food science class a few years back and we took swabs from all over the university and each others bodies and let them incubate for 50 hours on a Agar agar growth medium petri dishes.

Sit down toilets we're by far the cleanest things we sampled (both inside the bowl and on the seat). Door handles were way up there on the bad scale but surprisingly people's beards were the dirtiest nastiest things we tested. Beards had more bacteria and overall variety of bacteria than the bottom of your shoes. Clothing was very dirty too. In short, your beards is far <span style="text-decoration: underline">FAR</span> worse than 200 petri-dishes filled with the most random shit 25 students could find, and <span style="color: #CC0000">we were going out of our way to find nasty shit... </span> </div></div>

I bet you were.
laugh.gif
Makes me glad I shave clean every morning.

Y'all are sick. I like that in a person
grin.gif
I decided to get revenge on a co-worker that regularly destroys the bathroom then leaves the door open. I ate a pint jar of pickled eggs and drank a 6 pack of beer the night before I worked with him. We were locked in a small control room with no a/c. I damn near ran myself out of there.....
sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km71107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Y'all are sick. I like that in a person
grin.gif
I decided to get revenge on a co-worker that regularly destroys the bathroom then leaves the door open. I ate a pint jar of pickled eggs and drank a 6 pack of beer the night before I worked with him. We were locked in a small control room with no a/c. I damn near ran myself out of there.....
sick.gif
</div></div>

That's awesome!

Back in my single days I would go to Hooter's the night before I was on duty. Me and a friend would order Bentley wings and, overall, three pitchers of beer.

The next morning at 0600 at the fire station it was festering. By 0630, and half a pot of coffee later, I could have the bathroom all to myself as long as I wanted it.

Confucius say "Man who fart in shower create case of drizzling chits!"

all this is why i don't go to public pools anymore.

Cold Bore and High Binder, you have made my day. Still chuckling!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if Discovery would do a special on this?
Bill Nye should host.</div></div>
You have to know that someone is going to get 50 million dollars to do a study "why farts smell more in the shower"

Sadly enough, I previously worked in a Class 100 cleanroom. You had to wear a Tyvek suit with a hood and goggles. You quickly learned what not to eat before going in there. The suits are meant to keep particualte in, especially farts. First day in there I all but crapped my pants. Nearly threw up in my suit. I'll take a shower fart any day over being in that damn suit.

I second the clean room suit situation. Its ultimately like a burrito with the only exit around the neck area. The best thing to do is try to vent out the fart as quickly as possible by squeezing the extra material portions....and puff. If anyone is down wind they get the full effect. Its pretty brutal.