• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oh look. Government left me cute little note on my door.

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    Hey tax man.

Go fuk.

7838E37E-A2D8-4C49-AC38-F6ED3092A083.jpeg

Thieves

My property taxes went up drastically this year and not because of improvements. The tax assessors decided to tax home square footage at a much higher rate this year. Taxes can only jump up a certain percentage each year as there is a cap. Well most will hit that limit this year and reach full rate next year. What this means for me is that by next year my property tax will be up $1000 a year.

Thieves

My property taxes went up drastically this year and not because of improvements. The tax assessors decided to tax home square footage at a much higher rate this year. Taxes can only jump up a certain percentage each year as there is a cap. Well most will hit that limit this year and reach full rate next year. What this means for me is that by next year my property tax will be up $1000 a year.
    As Texas turns more blue your taxes will keep increasing, just wait for the "well all the other states have an income tax" shit to start.

Absolutely zero benefit to talk to them ahead of them doing the assessment.

It got so bad in Florida in the mid/late 2000s when the idiots managed to have record property tax income yet spent it on so much bullshit it all came crashing down with the housing market, that some of the assessors started telling people that they were there to look inside their homes to try an jack up the property value with anything they saw.

You could try calling them and telling them it’s a empty shell and illegal immigrants stole all your wiring, plumbing, and even insulation.. up here we can be put on a list and they won’t step on your property..

Problem is if you don't let them look they will throw some outrageous increase on the value. Not sure where you live but in TX you can set an appointment with the appraisal office and argue the increase with them. It's a pain in the ass but sometimes you can get them to take some of the increase off. My family has several rental properties and we spend a lot of time in the appraisers office come tax time. If you don't fight it, it is guaranteed to go up every year. Old gov. Perrie came up with a formula years ago that had a standard 10% increase every year. If left alone your taxes double every seven years. When you argue you provide comparables in the area that are simular in size of lesser value. You also provide estimates for any needed repairs. The appraisal district will have their own overvalued comps too but they can't argue with needed repairs. You must have a formal written estimate from a repair company though. What sucks is if they reduce your value it only applies to that years value. Next year they will go up some amount again and you have to fight them on the value again. What makes it worse is when you neighbors are too lazy to fight it and they keep letting their values go up and up. Their property then gets used as a comp to justify the value hike. Property tax is extortion no matter how you look at it.

Money is like drugs to the government the more they get the more desperate they are to get even more.

Property taxes here are going that way, the more money they get the more aggressive and insanely greedy they get the next year.

Back before the property tax boom when they didn't have much money they weren't nearly as insane about grabbing your money.

The last protest hearing I went to they openly said well yes the law says we have to say what you house is currently worth... but if you spent a bunch of money and fixed it up, it could be worth more... so tough that's what we are going with... sue us.

I was really proud of my wife when she refused and kicked them off our property until I could be there. We dont have any permits where I live but they seen my added deck from google earth and wanted to measure it. Then wanted to come inside to check our attic to see if it was a livable space to add square footage to our house.

I added egress windows to the basement. Thing is, you have to be well on my property to see them. I do live in the city.

AB62E61F-96A7-461F-BBC3-2D8A6EDCBC8A.jpeg

they want to asses your blow up doll collection Id say let them in lol dress them up and have a tea party that will smooth everything over real fast .

• Haha
    Reactions: wildcats
    Exactly. Cheyenne is booming. Probably saw a 75 to 100k increase in value in the neighborhood. I’m planning my exit to further north in the state. I might take my profits and buy a smaller house outright and have zero mortgage.

Move quick, sell on the peaks and buy on the troughs........

Ya'll don't know how well ya'll have it. The properties here in this city are re-assessed every 2 years. No matter how much you fight it, include logic, appeal their 'decision' and all the rest of that.... our yearly taxes here have gone up over 400 percent in just over 10 years.

And on top of that, they are raising the rates, as well. Not just the values. And they've already raised the frontage, too.

But, absolutely NO raising of our services,,,, quality, or quantity. Still using the same ol road, to which the patched patches need patching.....

They need the additional money to reprint their handy-dandy yellow door-hanger tags.

I went to their online website. I could not find the "County Assessor" link or the "yellow door-hanger link".

I suppose it is possible they need the additional money to update their website.

Yep, now that I think about it - they need the additional money to reprint their handy-dandy yellow door-hanger tags AND update their website. Most likely - while they are at it - they just as well buy some new computers too.

Just tell them you take 10% - 12% less than appraised price (insurance company's as well) an you'll sell it to them an move. Until the people of a state get together an fight this shit it will keep getting worst. I know of one place, almost the whole county showed up before the property tax appeals board. Two went to jail, just over night but the look on the boards faces said it all. Interesting that the tax rates dropped 28% almost over night in that county.

We don’t own anything.

We just rent it from the government.
    Slaves to the various parasite classes. The welfare rats/.gov "workers"/et are the new slave masters.

You are nothing but a tax slave to be sheared to them

Reactions: Bender
    Here, if you don’t let them in, you can’t appeal anything. It’s done by an independent company here. Last year, they went through my hood while I was gone over summer. When I got home the tag was on my door. Called them and was told it was completed weeks ago and to just contest it later when the bill came. My taxes went down but all the neighbors went up. They sat on their hands and said nothing. Get what they deserve.

they want to asses your blow up doll collection Id say let them in lol dress them up and have a tea party that will smooth everything over real fast .
    Thats funny shit.
    Put the ugly one in front of tje sink doin dishes, one at the laundry room , one on the mower, one on the vacuum cleaner, a deflated one bu the wood pile with an axe, when he asked what happened to that one, “ oh, she aint too good with the axe, musta hit her foot or something “”

Here, if you don’t let them in, you can’t appeal anything. It’s done by an independent company here. Last year, they went through my hood while I was gone over summer. When I got home the tag was on my door. Called them and was told it was completed weeks ago and to just contest it later when the bill came. My taxes went down but all the neighbors went up. They sat on their hands and said nothing. Get what they deserve.

@Bender

Read this and follow...In RI, I was never home (conveniently) even when I made an appointment. Just told them that I had an emergency and they finally stopped. I contested the resulting new valuation and ended up getting it reversed.

Mine went up this year as well. There's a guest cabin on the farm, and it was assessed commercial.

I spent a lot of time on the phone speaking with different folks learning about the appeals process and how "they" assess property.

At the end I concluded that "they" were compliant with "their" laws, and there's not much hope of success.

My mistake was actually being friendly to the assessors one year. I'm obviously no expert (since I'm paying more taxes these days), but I would recommend having as little contact with them as possible.

I couldn't find it in the state code, but I'll be speaking with a lawyer to find out what exactly my obligations and freedoms are when they show up prowling around the place next time.

It's frustrating because I'm not sure what I'm paying for. I don't want anything from the state. I declined agricultural grants. When my workshop was robbed a few years ago I learned that law enforcement doesn't offer a meaningful solution in rural WV. I built my own bombproof gate. The county and state roads are crap getting to the cabin.

Oh... there goes the blood pressure.

Sincerely, thanks for starting this thread. I hadn't thought to consult the 'hide brain trust.

@Bender

Read this and follow...In RI, I was never home (conveniently) even when I made an appointment. Just told them that I had an emergency and they finally stopped. I contested the resulting new valuation and ended up getting it reversed.
    Hate the game, not the player

LOL

Absolutely zero benefit to talk to them ahead of them doing the assessment.

It got so bad in Florida in the mid/late 2000s when the idiots managed to have record property tax income yet spent it on so much bullshit it all came crashing down with the housing market, that some of the assessors started telling people that they were there to look inside their homes to try an jack up the property value with anything they saw.

its a land grab, pasco county was in it hard.
    taxes were skyrocketing and it was harder and harder to keep our green belts.
    taxes wise, what was a 1500 was going to be 20k, yep, we shit.
    fenced it and put cows on the remaining land to keep it all greenbelted, AND AND AND, it
    was a mother fucker to straighten out, how dare you counter what the king says you must pay.
    forced development is what i call it, they have forced a very many familys to sell their land cheep to developers

Never let the bastards in my house . Wife did that once 20 plus years ago .
    We got a significant increase that year .
    She thought you had to let them in . She knows better now .
    My city has actually held the line and lowered city property tax , But the county and god damn school district have not !

Last edited:
    Never let the bastards in my house . Wife did that once 20 plus years ago .
    We got a significant increase that year .
    She thought you had to let them in . She know better now .
    My city has actually held the line and lowered city property tax , But the county and god damn school district have not !
    Gotta have all that money to waste on sports and not on educating our kids

Thieves

Yeah, my appraisal value jumped almost $100k this year.