• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up Ohio Get Together and shoot

oneeyedmac

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
A couple of guys who post on Sniper Central are going to get together at Rayner's Range on May 2 for a little shooting and BS'ing. It'd be nice to get as many folks as possible out for the day and meet some fellow shooters from the Buckeye state. We may even have a couple of guys from Michigan show up.

The start time hasn't been set yet, let me know if there is interest in attending. Who knows, maybe we could even have a little friendly competition?

Re: Ohio Get Together and shoot

Thats sucks I have plans to be there on the 1st, saturday works better for a couple of new shooters I'm taking.
Oh well

If I can hold our class on Saturday,I may make it to the shoot on Sunday.Thanks for the invite!

Are you just planning on shooting the long range course or ??? There is a match there on 4-25.

I'll be there. If word gets out and it's anything like his other rifle matches, plan on 40+.

Start at 9:30 or 10?

Jim

On May 2 it's not a formal tourney or anything, just some guys getting together to lie to each other and shoot. The friendly competition part comes in after we're done lying to each other we can back up our BS. I look at it as a chance to socialize with other shooters, maybe get better at shooting at long distances and learn more about Rayner's, I haven't been there before.

Crap.... you guys are going to make me try and change my plans. This sounds like it could be fun, Has anyone called Tom on this?

I emailed him early in the week to let him know we'd be around. It is $10 per person for Tom which amazes me. That's about what it costs to get into a movie except we get to shoot all day.

I'll see Tom on Sunday at his USPSA pistol match. During the matches, Mrs. Tom runs a cencession stand type lunch with hot sandwiches and such. I'll see if that might be a possibility if that sounds like a good idea??

Well just as I thought my plans have changed, count me in. Match one weekend practice (play) the next. Fun Fun

If my rifle and scope are both in by end of the week, I'll try to stop down. I've never done any LR shooting, so I'll need all the help I can get.

You gotta start somewhere and this Sunday would be a perfect day to start. See ya there.

This sounds like fun. Anyone know what the drive time from the range to Columbus would be? I've never been to Rayners.

Rooster your info says Laurelville
I drive up 159 if you want a ride
Let me know

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rooster your info says Laurelville
I drive up 159 if you want a ride
Let me know </div></div>
Thanks for the offer, but I have to be in Columbus later that day.

I won't be attending. Deal fell through and rifle #2 won't be here till next week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wgsp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I won't be attending. Deal fell through and rifle #2 won't be here till next week. </div></div>

They'll be PLENTY of extra rifles there. You're more than welcome to shoot my LR 308. It'll be in the car, don't make it stay there.

I want to pull the trigger on that edge, want to see what the recoil is like. Just so I can add something else to think about.

Are F*`~ing kidding....Hope the weather man is wrong like last Sunday

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to pull the trigger on that edge, want to see what the recoil is like. Just so I can add something else to think about.

Are F*`~ing kidding....Hope the weather man is wrong like last Sunday
</div></div>
That .300WM could just as easily turn into an edge .... same bolt face.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to pull the trigger on that edge, want to see what the recoil is like. Just so I can add something else to think about.
</div></div>

I'll have plenty of ammo there for it.

Goin'Hot

What bullet are you using in you LR 308?
Thanks

Rain or shine I'll be there
If it rains I wont have to take my weekly shower
laugh.gif

Dying to pull the trigger on my 243
See ya there

Well, it rained ALL day and if you count Jesse (who joined us at lunch), we had 14 shooters. It was still better than sitting at home. Tom had shelters and the steel was all freshly painted. Thanks Tom.

I was hopeing to see some cool oneeyedmac rifles, but.......

Nice to meet you Scott & Jeremy.

I can't believe I missed this thread! I'm new around here, but hope to be able to meet you all the next time you have a shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VintageJeeper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe I missed this thread! I'm new around here, but hope to be able to meet you all the next time you have a shoot. </div></div>

Rayners holds a rifle shoot every 4th Sunday feb through oct. I guess we'll see you there in 3 weeks. Sign up starts @ 9, shoot starts at 10.

Nice to meet new shooters thanks for making the trip Scott And Jeremy hope to see you again.
Here are some photo's
Someone link this to the other website so they can see these

8ys3di.jpg

359ww12.jpg

5mx1nd.jpg

900vbk.jpg

imtsb6.jpg

ipqlj8.jpg

15x4dg1.jpg

Thanks again Jim for letting me and everyone else
pull the trigger on "THE BIG EDGE" Gives me something to think about.

Looks like fun! I'm moving back to Columbus, hopefully by this summer, and would love to come out and shoot.