• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Ohio groundhogs

Sonic Crack

Desert Tech Solutions
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2011
Wellington, Ohio
m.facebook.com
who else is ready and waiting for them? I havnt put eyes on one yet but I know at least the males are out some lookin for some lovin. should start to see them regularly by the end of the month

a buddy seen one today around bay city mich. I think it must have been sleep walking! can't wait to magnetize them with the 220-swift. 40gr. v-max in the head.

or there belly is full and it strings out like a vegan projectile vomiting!
don't be blasting all of them sonic, us big bore guy's would like to get a few.
i'll be waiting for the invite;) btw that 300 is shooting awesome, doing ocw testing i
have got 7 groups in the .1's(3 shot's, bullets are tuff to come buy to just keep putting
in the same hole)

the hogs dont complain one bit about 40 grain 22 cal pills zipping along at 4k+fps

it wouldn't do them any good if they did. you need to do a nose to tail shot with that 338 ai,should be a good
photo op.

If anyone wants some help hit me up!

will travel for groundhog explosions :)

Finally got two now that the warmer weather is sticking around. Last one was a nice shot with my 308 @ 428yd. Cant say enough about the Shooter program. Works well with all the rifles Ive used it with

I have always wanted to hunt ground hogs. Always seems like I get to busy to go....not to mention lack of places.

I am ready to start makin their eyes pop out.

Face'd this chubby today while he was "eyeballing" my new glass. Time to get the rattle can Krylon back out!!

Here is another I got a few days ago. Nothing like breaking in a new Rock 6.5 Creedmoor barrel on sod poodles.

Peeled this dude tonight at 589yds with 223 and 75amax. Got another at 190yd. It's time!

What I miss about groundhogs (I grew up in Indiana) is that they were delicious to eat. All dark meat. One born that year was tender enough as-is. Ones older than 1 year needed parboiling in salt water (45-90 minutes) until a fork would easily go in, and keep skimming off the fat that would rise in the pot. My wife would then fry them. One adult would be 4 meals for her and I. Didn't taste like squirrel, and nothing like rabbit...sorta it's own flavor. My grandparents wanted me to kill everyone on their farm, but I wanted to leave some for "seed" for the next year.

Damn, I miss hunting groundhogs in Ohio! It's been ~17 years since I did that. I used to hunt them on the area farms around my folk's house in Fredericktown. This is one near there taken back in probably '94/'95 or so with my stock Rem700 .22-250 VS (I feel old now). I'm working on moving back to OH this summer and would love to pick it up again.

Took this guy with my Glock 19 124g Federal HST....

h49nqj1.jpg

heres an end to end shot at about 120yd. threw him back 5-6 feet

i call bs i think a train hit it and you took the photo :) it never felt a thing, nice shot. i still haven't seen one to get a shot at yet i need to get out more.

Hey guys if anybody has room for one more on there hunts I would be glad to help.

Took two this evening, 402 & 494yds with the 22-250AI. I swear the buzzards follow me around. Wasnt 30 seconds after I popped the first one and a buzzard was on the ground. Farmers getting beans in now. All hell's gona bust loose in a week or so when they pop outa the ground! KIA 26 now

KIA #51 tonight at 330yds. No picture, I was to lazy to walk up and take it. Shooting SAC built .260.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk