• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ohio National Guard trains to fight 'anti-government' Second Amendment supporters

Handloader

Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Lewisburg, Ohio
Wow..(This is about training NOT the 2nd Amendment)...

Report: Ohio National Guard trains to fight 'anti-government' Second Amendment supporters | Buckeye Firearms Association

"On January 18, 2013, WSAZ (NBC Huntingon/Charleston, WV) reported that Scioto Co., OH held a mock disaster drill held in conjunction with Scioto County first responders and the Ohio Army National Guard 52nd Civil Support Unit.

The mock "enemy?" As BuckeyeFirearms.org reported at the time, WSAZ described them as "two school employees who were disgruntled over the government's interpretation of the Second Amendment."

In its coverage at the time, WSAZ reported that "the make-believe scenario is timely." And indeed it IS important to keep in mind the timing of this exercise, which occurred in the immediate wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre, and in the midst of a large, coordinated national effort on the part of the White House and the U.S. Senate, as well as anti-gun rights legislators here in Ohio and all their media sycophants, to blame law-abiding gun owners for yet another mass murderer in a "gun-free" school victim zone.

One year later, MediaTrackers.org reporter Jesse Hathaway has finally received and reported on the details of the training via a Freedom of Information Act request, and his report is drawing international attention.

From the article:

Documents from an Ohio National Guard (ONG) training drill conducted last January reveal the details of a mock disaster where Second Amendment supporters with "anti-government" opinions were portrayed as domestic terrorists.

The ONG 52nd Civil Support Team training scenario involved a plot from local school district employees to use biological weapons in order to advance their beliefs about "protecting Gun Rights and Second Amendment rights."

Portsmouth Chief of Police Bill Raisin told NBC 3 WSAZ-TV in Huntington, West Virginia that the drill accurately represented "the reality of the world we live in," adding that such training "helps us all be prepared."

Internal ONG documents provided to Media Trackers after repeated delays provide further context to what WSAZ-TV reported last winter.

In the disaster-preparedness scenario, two Portsmouth Junior High School employees poisoned school lunches with mustard gas, acting on orders from white-nationalist leader William Pierce.

The ONG team discovered biological weapons being produced in the school, requiring activation of containment and decontamination procedures.

Participants in the disaster drill located documents expressing the school employees' "anti-government" sentiments, as well as a note identifying Pierce as the fictional right-wing terrorists' leader.

Additional information about the motive of the faux terrorists is being reported in a follow-up article from RT.com:

According to that report, the first responders who handled the mock emergency took special note of what appeared in the classroom of a school that was searched during the exercise.

"On the chalkboard as well as the tables there were several statements about protecting Gun Rights and Second Amendment rights," the summary read.

...Although it's not referenced specifically in the incident summary report, the 38 pages of documents obtained by MediaTrackers also includes a 2011 article pertaining to gun control that's on file alongside other evidence obtained from the school, including the name and phone number purportedly belonging to William Pierce, a now-deceased notorious neo-Nazi.

The 2011 article contained among the released documents is a CNN piece entitled "Why the NRA won't talk gun control with Obama."

Click here to download the documents obtained and released by MediaTrackers.org.

The MediaTrackers article notes that when ONG's 52nd Civil Support Unit participated in a similar drill involving left-wing terrorists with Athens County first responders late last year, public officials apologized the next day in response to complaints from local environmentalist groups.

The mea culpa, released in December 2013 by Athens County officials, said "the scenario caused distress to people who have spent countless hours striving to protect the environment and our citizens."

Thus far, no apology has been issued in this case involving Second Amendment supporters.

Scioto County Emergency Management Agency director Kim Carver refused to comment, telling Media Trackers she was "not going to get into an Ohio Army National Guard issue that you have with them."

Ohio National Guard Communications Director James Sims II suggested Media Trackers was "inferring" from the ONG document's contents as opposed to "what's actually in the report."

After excerpts of the report were read to him, Sims said it was "not relevant" to understand why conservatives may feel unduly targeted by ONG's training scenario.

"Okay, I'm gonna stop ya there. I'm going to quit this conversation," Sims concluded. "You have a good day."

Buckeye Firearms Association spokesman Chad Baus told Media Trackers that "it is a scary day indeed when law enforcement are being trained that Second Amendment advocates are the enemy."

"The revelation of this information is appalling to me, and to all citizens of Ohio who are true conservatives and patriots, who don't have guns for any other reason than that the Second Amendment gives them that right," Portage County TEA Party Executive Director Tom Zawistowski said in a separate Media Trackers interview.

Zawistowski has sent a letter to Ohio Congressman Jim Jordan demanding an immediate investigation into what he calls "an even more onerous type of targeting" by the federal government.

Since the article was published, it has received international attention thanks to a link from DrudgeReport.com that as of 7:00 a.m. February 12 is entering its third day of being highlighted on that site.

Last evening, a statement was posted at the official website of the Ohio National Guard:

"In January 2013, Ohio National Guard 52nd Civil Support Team members participated in a one-day training exercise in Portsmouth that was created and run by the West Virginia National Guard. The exercise — one of more than 20 the Team did last year — was designed to test team members' ability to respond to an unknown chemical, biological, radiological or high-yield explosive incident. To maximize the realism of the exercise, the Ohio National Guard wasn't involved in the creation or execution of the exercise's fictitious scenario and was deliberately not informed of its details in advance. It's not accurate to suggest that certain details of the exercise somehow reflect views or opinions of officials of the Ohio National Guard."

In the Athens County incident last year, it was similarly noted that the scenario was not created by the ONG. In speaking of that scenario, which involved a left-wing anti-fracking extremist group, Athens Co. Commissioner President Lenny Eliason observed that "you want to have it as realistic as possible, but you don't want to single out an issue as emotional as that."

Indeed.

Chad D. Baus is the Buckeye Firearms Association Secretary, and BFA PAC Vice Chairman."

Last edited:
No 2A supporter would target kids, ie, school lunches...what planet do these fucktards come from? I suppose if they wanted to make it realistic, they would learn of a target that was a LEO Commo building and the three cell towers surrounding it, then a follow-up target of ANG support cell towers. If there were two, there could well be an entire squad of around 12 or so who would do this in a concerted effort to totally cut off both ANG and LEO from commo to begin an attack upon a 'government center. Supporting attackers would also take out cell triangle around USG target

Damn, scary though, huh? LEO goes blind, no commo, ANG goes blind, no commo, USG is blinded, no commo, sure radio would work, but they RELY on CELL

No 2A supporter would target kids, ie, school lunches...what planet do these fucktards come from? I suppose if they wanted to make it realistic, they would learn of a target that was a LEO Commo building and the three cell towers surrounding it, then a follow-up target of ANG support cell towers. If there were two, there could well be an entire squad of around 12 or so who would do this in a concerted effort to totally cut off both ANG and LEO from commo to begin an attack upon a 'government center. Supporting attackers would also take out cell triangle around USG target

Damn, scary though, huh? LEO goes blind, no commo, ANG goes blind, no commo, USG is blinded, no commo, sure radio would work, but they RELY on CELL

You do realize that LEO radios can still communicate without towers on certain channels, much like Talkabouts or any other LOS radio?

I would love to know where some of you get your ideas from. RELY on CELL? Right. Cops only have the radios on our belts and the cell phones in our pockets. Keep thinking that. Obviously, no one EVER gets out of the military and becomes a LEO. Your scenario of taking out towers, commo, avenues of approach, has NEVER been thought out in ANY Emergency Response Plan.

Keep going with your theories.

EDIT: You DO realize that the Homeland Security Grant that is awarded almost every year is meant for crisis response, communications, and agency interoperability?????

Last edited:
Knowing where most sleeping dogs have worked most of their lives, some must not believe in the line about kicking them.

I noticed it all stops do to a little snow an ice,...interesting how most can't do or pre-plan for something that simple.
Love how/when the news presenters say it looks like a war zone after XXX event happens,... really ? you seen a war zone? If your that upset by seeing what you think is a war zone, how are you going to fell or operate when it really is?

You do realize that LEO radios can still communicate without towers on certain channels, much like Talkabouts or any other LOS radio?
That is actually LOS + 10-15% but the word for that day if it ever comes is,...Jammier. Any 3rd grader can build one, that will scan and lock on. A Pan-adapter for a ham radio or computer will give you the freq at will, then it's as simple as dialing in a taking over. But we are just mussing here right?

Knowing where most sleeping dogs have worked most of their lives, some must not believe in the line about kicking them.

I noticed it all stops do to a little snow an ice,...interesting how most can't do or pre-plan for something that simple.
Love how/when the news presenters say it looks like a war zone after XXX event happens,... really ? you seen a war zone? If your that upset by seeing what you think is a war zone, how are you going to fell or operate when it really is?

I guess where you live, your public safety folks don't have an EOC or safety plan for each and every little thing? I sat in on an hour long meeting yesterday for our "SNOWAPOCAGEDDON" (read: 3 inches of snow followed by rain). They discussed routes, shelters, comms plans, NG activations, you name it. A few years ago, we felt the aftershocks of an earthquake that started in VA. You would have thought we were being invaded the way our Emergency Management folks were running around, setting up this and that. Sometimes I think they just enjoy staffing the EOC and initiating ICS.

As far as the news.....we share similar thoughts. We probably feel the same way about pro athletes referring to themselves as "Warriors", but I digress.

As far as the radio jamming....I guess when that happens we'll just sit down and give up. I mean, once us autonomous jack booted robots lose communications with the mother ship, we can't possibly function via other communications means, or (heaven forbid) adapt and overcome.

With AAD being just down the road and all the chem weapons being/that were demilled there, we might have a plan or three for what if's. Adaption is the name of the game, that is why it's best to have an inside track or a cousin or 2 working the inside. The thing is this, until something tangible happens, no one knows who or what will respond to any given event. Now that said, when the event crosses one's own core beliefs/oaths (or many there of), what has always worked in the past may very well be out the window rather quickly. Then you get to see the true capability of all involved.
Again we are just mussing right?

I was in Athens when the National Guard on orders from the governor James Rhodes occupied most of the university . They were armed and drove vehicles with crew served weapons. What other state's guard is known for shooting unarmed punks?

I was in Athens when the National Guard on orders from the governor James Rhodes occupied most of the university . They were armed and drove vehicles with crew served weapons. What other state's guard is known for shooting unarmed punks?

Speak for yourself. We're not punks. Funny how the span of 43 years spins things around so that the other side is directing the events now, isn't it?

"Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them."
- George Santayana

dunno,
but observation of target type is still valid and is inline with antiguerrila doctrine where occupying force attempts to demoralize and shock population with targeting individuals, granted it usually fails in the long run but still for a persons carrying out insurrection and facing stronger force targeting individuals of "opposing team" might be easier and more damaging to morale than risking resources on high value targets with possible heavy security.

dunno,
but observation of target type is still valid and is inline with antiguerrila doctrine where occupying force attempts to demoralize and shock population with targeting individuals, granted it usually fails in the long run but still for a persons carrying out insurrection and facing stronger force targeting individuals of "opposing team" might be easier and more damaging to morale than risking resources on high value targets with possible heavy security.

For those of you having problems with reading run on sentences and vague, veiled statements, I'll help you out.

"Shoot cops and soldiers. Don't damage infrastructure that you may one day need".

Veer_G, They were just perforating hippies to let a little of the smoke out. No real harm was meant. :)

The point was that at this rate we're gonna wind up being the "hippies" this time around.

dunno,

For those of you having problems with reading run on sentences and vague, veiled statements, I'll help you out.

"Shoot cops and soldiers. Don't damage infrastructure that you may one day need".

His English is a lot better than my Slovenian.

You are correct that i tend to use vague statements which DO require some thinking to understand. I also tend to write long snakes of words which can hardly be called sentences. However i never meant what your sentence said because its incorrect and incomplete especially if you apply it to hypothetical civil war scenario. It might just happen that "cops and soldiers" are not population to allienate in some asymetrical struggle by outgunned average persons.

in short i would say skin alive those who orchestrate who support and enable "opposing team" and try to create a divide between common soldiers and their masters.

I thought it was straight from the old school 50-60's play book, myself? Conventional wars have been over sense WW II and the tactics of today's newest aggressor, (depending your views and side) still do not match how many would run a/the game. A State sponsored game is one thing but when the game gets "civil", that's when it gets most interesting, I refer you to John K Singlaub's teaching and tactics. It will be interesting to see how many respond,... when that game comes to town.

I had a long response, but deleted it. I didn't feel that anything I had to say was going to change opinions or add anything positive to our exchange.

I'll just wait for the next TFH thread.

I had a long response, but deleted it. I didn't feel that anything I had to say was going to change opinions or add anything positive to our exchange.

I'll just wait for the next TFH thread.

Just save your breath and energy dude. You're not gonna win against the geariatric Rambo and his sidekick clown. They have it all figured out.

in short i would say skin alive those who orchestrate who support and enable "opposing team" and try to create a divide between common soldiers and their masters.
Could be why the resent purge is ever so quietly still in play, here. Folks on your side of this rock know the drill, but a new concept to the sheep and "I'm all that",... here. When the taxes paid to export ones will, comes home in-kind, many that enjoyed the fun an games prior, now seem to have a sense of,.... Oh Shit.

Stay safe my friend.