• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OHIO: Rayners OCT Long Range Rifle Match Results

Goin'Hot

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2008
Central, Ohio
Sep 25th (4th Sunday of every month Feb - Oct) come on down to Rayners. We shoot some steel out to <span style="font-weight: bold">990</span> yards and this year the targets move a little more to help verify the hits.

Cost has gone up to $20 per match.

Sign up and B.S. session starts around 9 am. Shooting starts at 9:30. We do break for lunch where food and drinks are available at the club house. Lunch is taken when moving from the bottom shooting positions to the top of the hill.

Still 36 total rounds. There are now 3 squads shooting at the same time. There are two benches at each of the 6 shooting positions and prone shooters are still welcome as always.

Directions and such found HERE.
2010-05-23155633.jpg

Re: OHIO: Rayners Feb Long Range Rifle Match

I'll be there.... with a few friends

I plan on making the trip down for this. Looking forward to it.

I might be there but it's dependant on how my load development works out.

Thanks,
Merritt

If that picture doesn't make you wish winter was over I don't know what does.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charlie_Foxtrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, what a view. Thanks for the heads up, I definitely want to make it out there soon. </div></div>
Here are some more pics on their Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RaynersRangecom/269089179897?v=photos#!/album.php?aid=167683&id=269089179897

you'll have to copy and past the link. I don't know why I can't make it clickable.

Weeeeee, looks like a great weekend for the first shoot. Me and Chris won't be there this month. He just got his XP back with the new 260 barrel this week and is waiting for his new Vortex Viper PST so he can be sighted in. I updated my XP to a rifle scope this year so hopefully we'll be ready for the March shoot. Just hope Dale don't post some 300 plus score right off the bat this month to demoralize us too much.

Looking forward to the matches this summer, Dale's, Chris and my goal is to finally hit that magic 300 this summer but if Tom keep making those targets smaller we're gonna have our work cut out for us. We might even have to buckle down and start taking this seriously.
smile.gif

Have fun, see ya all in March.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> start taking this seriously.
smile.gif

Topstrap </div></div>

That takes the fun out of it.... See everyone Sunday

You'll see my ugly mug there along with my brother and his mainly stock stevens. Hope to do much better this year with a new caliber and barrel than I did the last time I was there.

Thanks,
Merritt

My biathalon weekend! Skiing Saturday and shooting Sunday!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, what's the snow situation like down there? </div></div>

I sent Tom an email to check range conditions. I'll post an answer when I get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, what's the snow situation like down there? </div></div>

I sent Tom an email to check range conditions. I'll post an answer when I get it. </div></div>

Sounds like rubber boots might be a good idea considering what the weather is looking like. The snow will probably be melting and turning the ground into mud. Obviously when you get 40+ shooters tromping around in the same area it's bound to get messy. Might also be a good idea to bring a piece of plastic to put under the shooting mats if you want to lay down. Otherwise the benches will still be there. Tom said we may start on top of the hill first since the ground will be harder in the morning and easier to get up the hill.

Wow what a great day to be shooting, nice to see everyone again

Gotta say it was a great day and a really good turnout. Seems my skiing portion of the biathalon weekend went mo better then the shooting portion. Oh well, you'll have those days I guess. Thanks to the Rayner's crew for putting up with us again. Off to New York next weekend to put those Rictor's back in the snow.

Mr. Rayner
Thanks for having us today at your range. As you ran around on your tractor today fixing targets I thought to myself..man that looks familiar..lol. I appreciate all your efforts to make this happen. I respect all you have done over there. Both our ranges have lots to offer our shooters. I'm very glad I came today and spent the day shooting with you guys. It was nice to have a day off.
Again, thanks so much for having us and the food was good too.

Tom Sarver
TVP

Mr. Rayner,

Thanks for the shoot today. I got alot of much needed data on my new caliber and with this caliber not to think. Instead just put the elevation on the turret and pull the stinking trigger.

Great shoot and great seeing everyone and getting great spotting.

Thank you,
Merritt

What a great day for shooting in February!! Nice to get back together with some like-minded shooters that I haven't seen since last year. Also great to see several brand new faces. I think we are all pretty fortunate to have 2 kick-ass rifle ranges here in central Ohio.

My favorite target was the tiny orange one at 600 yards on the first station..the last one we shot today. That was a great time. TEAM TVP had a few laughs today..at our own expense lol.
I think I have more fun spotting and walking my teamates into the target and the other shooters as well. If you have a good spotter and you listen to exactly what he says, you greatly improve your chances of that second shot hit. Precision shooting is made up of many variables and one of the great pieces of the puzzle is a "precision" spotter. Because even as good as we are or even think we are, we still miss. It's up to your spotter to react instantly with the correction, not where you hit and you to follow suit..instantly. It's at this time I get the greatest rush. Knowing the target is terminated on the next shot. I feel it when I do it, and I feel it when my partner does it. It's why we have the time restriction here at TVP. It builds the rush as Jim A. and I discussed today and builds instinct and skill. But I must admit I like the relaxed no time format. It left it up to us to make our own action and that we did.
Man, I'm still grinning!

Merritt,

It was nice to see you today and I'm glad your barrel worked out for you. It will all come together in time for you. Then it will all be worth it. Hope to see you soon.

Looks like we missed a great time. It was up to Dale today to keep us short stick users up on the list.

Sure hated to miss it but probably next month Chris' gun will be together and both of us will be sighted in again.

Nice to hear you came down to shoot at Rayners Tom, we hope to make it up to yours also this summer. You got us intrigued with the head hunter shoot. Should be a fun match.

Seems like you all were blessed with great weather even though it wasn't supposed to be this nice today.

Topstrap

Congrats to Tom Sarver and Jim Elk for the match winning tie score of 325. Tom shooting the .300 Hulk and Jim was shooting a 22-250. Guess we should have figured them up so we could have a shoot-off.

LONG RANGE MATCH
Feb. 27, 2011

Jim Elk (22-250)O 325
Tom Sarver(.300 Hulk)O 325
Mike Scott(7mm-08)O 285
Jim Ashcraft(6.5x47L)O 280
Dan Wolfe(260)O 275
Hollie Michael(6.5 CRD)O 270
Wayde Bainter(260)O 265
Dale Taylor(260 )H 235
Dave Arbenz(6.5x284)O 230
Mike Musser(260)O 225
Jan Collins(308)O 210
Jesse Rayner(7mm )O 210
Rob Ashcraft(6.5x284)O 205
Zac Coffing(243)O 205
Chris Michael(308)O 200
Larry Skivolocke(243 AI)O 200
Dennis Casanova(308)O 195
Cris Rensi(308)O 175
Steve Toth(300WM)O 170
Brenda Wolfe(308)O 160
Jesse Price(308)O 150
Merritt Roseberry(7mm-08)O 150
Austin Roseberry(7mm-08)O 145
Mike Cooper(223)O 135
John Miller(308)O 135
Josey Rayner(7mm)O 130
Tom Rayner(234)O 130
Rick Geraci(308)O 125
Daniel Wolfe(308)O 115
Joseph Melcher(308)O 110
Todd Thompson(308 )O 110
Terry Vineyard(30-06)O 105
Matt Pulley(308)O 95
Lawrence Leaman(220)O 75
Brian Miller(308)O 75
Ed Gudgel(204)O 70
Randy O’Dell(308)O 55
Corrie West(223)O 55
Steve Caldwell(308)O 20DNF

Congrats to Tom & Jim. Shows that taking risks on the bottom can REALLY pay off!

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">See Everybody on March 27th</span></span>.

It was a pleasure shooting with you guys I had lots of fun.
I hope to make it back out soon. Works going into over load here but I will try to get back out there again soon.
Again, thanks for having me and congrats to Mr. Elk.

The Rayners March long range match is fast approaching, March 27th. Hope to see you all there. Contact info & match format are listed in the first post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Rayners March long range match is fast approaching, March 27th. Hope to see you all there. Contact info & match format are listed in the first post. </div></div>

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Already ..... I've still got my mind on the pistol match this weekend. I'm glad to see the shooting season finally get into gear, but man it seems to be happening fast.

Pistol match, thought that was weekend after next at Rayners where they let the rifles play too?

Heading down tomorrow to get some new settings, new scopes so hopefully this means we'll be able to see those targets now. Will be able to use field mice as target calls now instead of truck tires.

Topstrap

You'll see my ugly mug as well as my brother down there on the 27th. You'd also see me at the sniper event if I had a muzzle brake installed. Kinda hard to call my misses under 600 yards currently because of muzzle climb.

Thanks,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pistol match, thought that was weekend after next at Rayners where they let the rifles play too?

Heading down tomorrow to get some new settings, new scopes so hopefully this means we'll be able to see those targets now. Will be able to use field mice as target calls now instead of truck tires.

Topstrap </div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic"> PISTOL </span> match is tomorrow. I don't know what to call those things you guys use even though they are legally called handguns
wink.gif
. I'll be interested to check out your new scopes and see how they work out.
Here's an interesting article for those mounts. http://www.gunsmagazine.com/the-camera-sight/

We got the boys some settings on Thur. , those Vortex scopes are nice !!

Will probably take a match or two to get settled in with them. Having a bit of difficulty with one target, not sure what is causing it but hope to work it out.

I guess they are "legally" a pistol, we have tried to keep them close to the old IHMSA unlimited class rules and not use rifle length barrels, heavy cut off rifle stocks or weigh 25 pounds. Our addition of a brake, bipod and finally a rifle scope has taken them a bit past that but we did use a pistol scope last year for a self imposed handicap.

We're just happy to show up and occasionally hit a few. Glad you all let us participate. I guess it really is kinda easy, feels like we're cheating sometimes
smile.gif

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We're just happy to show up and occasionally hit a few. Glad you all let us participate. I guess it really is kinda easy, feels like we're cheating sometimes
smile.gif

Topstrap </div></div>

We won't call it cheating until you start beating ALL us rifle guys
eek.gif

Looks like a good weekend for shooters. With TVP starting their "head hunter" course and the Rayners match on Sunday, who could ask for more? Maybe warmer weather I guess. What a great state to live in with 2 kick ass ranges!

++++1

going to be a great weekend

Sounds like a good crowd for this month from what I'm hearing. Next month is Easter on the 4th Sunday, so there will only be the Sniper Challenge on the 9th and 10th and no regular monthly match.
The next regular match will be May 22.

The time is near. August match will be here this Sunday the 28th. Hope to see everybody there.

Don't forget there is usually a pies table at this match. See you all there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget there is usually a pies table at this match. See you all there. </div></div>

Ahhhh yes. The pies table..............................................

2010-06-27121640-1.jpg

Will be there with one or two other guys. That is if I get everything finished up to go!

Shooting was great today. Practically perfect conditions and Mr. Wolfe definately rung the bell. He scored in the high 300s and Tom and I both shot 325. Good luck tomorrow gentlemen, I'll be in my deer stand.

Good luck,
Merritt

Dan Wolfe(260) O 390
Jim Bragg(6.5 Ext) O 365
Dave Ostrowske(308) O 345
Joe Wesley(6x5.7AI) O 330
Bob Fellows(6mmBR) O 325
Jim Lochary(243AI)O 325
Tom Rayner(7mm) O 325
Merritt Roseberry(7-08) O 325
Jim Ashcraft(243AI) O 315
Aaron Addy(260) O 310
Zac Coffing(338LPA) O 310
Todd Thompson(6mm) O 300
Dave Arbenz(6.5GWI) O 285
Ed Gudgel(6mm) O 280
Jim Elk(6x49ACK) O 265
Mike Scott(7mm) O 260
Rick Geraci(243AI) O 255
Mike McDowell(308) O 255
Hollie Michael(6.5 CRDM) O 255
Craig Wickham(6.5CRDM) O 255
Frank Holtzhauer(260) O 250
Doug Spearman(243)O 250
Carl Fry(6.5mm) O 245
Chris Michael( 308) O 240
Gary Morris(30-06) O 230
Lynn Miller(308) O 225
Dennis Kirkpatrick(260) H 220
Dam Piatt(308) O 220
Cuda Gatten(308) O 215
Chris Kirkpatrick(260) H 215
Dave Miller(308) O 205
Andy Patterson(300WSM) O 205
Cris Rensi(308) O 205
Brenda Wolfe(308) O 200
Barry Blacksten(243WSSM) O 195
Josey Rayner(280) O 195
Tom West(243) O 195
Brian White(308) O 185
Mike Cooper(308) O 170
Dave Callipare(260) O 165
Everett Holbrook(223) O 150
Lawrence Leaman(30-06) O 115
Terry Vineyard(243) O 80
Charlie Miller(308) O 75

Last regular match of the year coming up this weekend. Hope to see you there.