• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ohio?

duey1267

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2009
SE Ohio
Dose anybody know of any good training / schools up coming in Ohio for 2010?

Thanks Duey

Re: Ohio?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TAGGED </div></div>

^^^^^What he said.

Maybe ...

www.tdiohio.com

2009-10 schedule: http://www.tdiohio.com/scheduleb.htm

School facilities: http://www.tdiohio.com/aboutb.htm

What type of course are you looking for? Precision rifle? Tactical carbine? Handgun?

cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stovetop357</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TAGGED </div></div>

^^^^^What he said. </div></div>

I assume you are asking about LE/Mil classes.... Take a look at what OPOTA (Richfield Office) has to offer. I can assure you each of their classes are top notch and not the typical old school OPOTA.

Here is a list of the firearms/tactics classes I know about... Again, this is only Richfield OPOTA classes and the range is in the southern part of Medina County.

April 6, 7, 8; Basic Scoped Rifle

May 4, 5, 6; Shotgun Instructor

May 10-14 SWAT Basic

May 18, 19, 20; Sub-Gun Operator

June 7, 8, 9, 10, 11; Sub-Gun Instructor

June 22, 23, 24; Carbine Operator

June 29, 30 & July 1st; Scoped Rifle Operator

August 17, 18, 19, 20; Tactical Munitions Instructor

August 23, 24, 25, 26, 27; Carbine Instructor

September 13, 14, 15, 16, 17; Scoped Rifle Instructor

September 28, 28, 30; Carbine Operator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Duey1267</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dose anybody know of any good training / schools up coming in Ohio for 2010?

Thanks Duey</div></div>

USAMU Small Arms Firing School during National Trophy Championships at Camp Perry.

If your interested in precision rifle training we will have a schedule shortly or you can schedule a training date with us, individual or group. We will be working with Sam Todd (OTOA)in 2010. Steel-paper-glass you name it.
One yard to 2000 yards- Sniper stalking classes etc. www.thundervalleyprecision.com

Thanks,
Tom Sarver
740-502-6530

Call Tom if your in Ohio and looking for precision rifle training.

Call Tom up and get something worked out. He is a great resource here in Ohio. He knows his stuff and is able to convey it in a way that is both easy to understand and incorporate into your knowledge base.

Josh

I've attended two of these. Excellent classes and instruction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I assume you are asking about LE/Mil classes.... Take a look at what OPOTA (Richfield Office) has to offer. I can assure you each of their classes are top notch and not the typical old school OPOTA.

Here is a list of the firearms/tactics classes I know about... Again, this is only Richfield OPOTA classes and the range is in the southern part of Medina County.

April 6, 7, 8; Basic Scoped Rifle

May 4, 5, 6; Shotgun Instructor

May 10-14 SWAT Basic

May 18, 19, 20; Sub-Gun Operator

June 7, 8, 9, 10, 11; Sub-Gun Instructor

June 22, 23, 24; Carbine Operator

June 29, 30 & July 1st; Scoped Rifle Operator

August 17, 18, 19, 20; Tactical Munitions Instructor

August 23, 24, 25, 26, 27; Carbine Instructor

September 13, 14, 15, 16, 17; Scoped Rifle Instructor

September 28, 28, 30; Carbine Operator
</div></div>

Not that I have anything against OPOTA but I cant stomach John Foy. For some reason that guy really annoys me!!!!!! IS he the instructor @ the Richfield campus???

Have heard similar remarks from other officers regarding Foy. No first hand experience with him, but I have had very good experiences with the Richfield staff. I am rejoicing at the availability of these classes at Richfield as it is about an hour from me.

I attended a couple days of a 5-day basic sniper with Ohio State Patrol staff last year (had to leave due to illness in family), but they were an outstanding group of guys. Very professional and squared away, but personable and helpful. Believe me, I "tested" their instructor skills with my newbie ways. I wasn't unsafe at any time, but new to the rifle and discipline. Those guys tolerated me well when they probably could have kicked me to the curb as drag on the class as a whole.

I am hoping to make the basic scoped rifle class at Richfield in April.

My $.02

John Foy works out of London OH. Try out Richfield, I assure you a different experience with different instructors than London, OH.

I've had instructor's classes at London with John Foy and out of Richfield with their staff. They are all good instructors with a great deal of experiance, but I can understand some people's frustrations about some of the classes.
Yes, Foy works out of London. Chris Cerino works out of Richfield. He and Foy are very different.
You will get out of either of their classes what you are willing to put in.

one of the instructors for the precision rifle classes out of richfield was a marine sniper and very squared away. I have not attended his class but talked to several who did and all were impressed. worked a raid with him last year. looks like they lowered the instructor part at opota used to be two weeks with 5 days of class

The OSHP SRT snipers put on a great course. Been through it myself, it's second to none, and the price is right

Call the Cleveland FBI office they offer a week long Observer/Sniper course at Camp Perry every so often and the cost is free to LEO and Military, Also Do go to a TDI course with J. Brenner his training is tops and all of his instructors are excellent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRRP1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The OSHP SRT snipers put on a great course. Been through it myself, it's second to none, and the price is right</div></div>

Where is this held at?

Various locations near Columbus depending on the instructional content for a given day. Restricted to LEOs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Duey1267</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dose anybody know of any good training / schools up coming in Ohio for 2010?
Thanks Duey </div></div>

BUMPED this for the <span style="font-weight: bold">Tactical Defense Institute (TDI)</span> reference in my first response to the O.P.'s inquiry.

Just FYI, but the Feb 2010 issue of <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">SWAT</span></span> contains a very positive review of TDI's <span style="font-weight: bold">Tactical Rifle I</span> course by writer Abner Miranda. Ohio and Midwest folks looking for training opportunites in this area should certainly give TDI a look.

Student reviews of previous Tactical Rifle I and II courses can also be found here:

http://www.tdiohio.com/media.html

cool.gif

I know and have trained with John Brenner and the TDI staff they are knowledgeable and professional. They have decades of combined training. You would not go wrong with some of their classes. If you are interested in the FBI course contact your regional office.

+1 for TDI Ohio, John Benner and his crew are excellent trainers, I have been through several of thier courses including Precision rifle 1. Not only are they good people, they actually instruct and give a lot of helpful advice and techniques.
Money very well spent! you will walk away feeling you accomplished something after one of John's courses.