• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Ok Fellas, here is the deal….I have well over a thousand books in my library.

I have about 500 books and only...well...a double digit amount of guns.
Obviously I need to buy more guns to live up to Jeff's standards.

Reactions: Docsherm
Love books. Waaay more books then weapons.

As per the course I dont think Ive read half of them.

Also am currently reading 6 diff books. Hard for me to stay focused.

Last read - The German Sniper by Senich

Current - "He Leadeth Me" about a priest that spent 23 years (5 in solitary) in Russian prisons and siberian work camps. Amazing.

Next - Prob one of the Hopalong Cassidy books by Mulford. Amazing author. Historical Fiction is my fav genre

YMMV
DT

Reactions: Bender
Love books. Waaay more books then weapons.

As per the course I dont think Ive read half of them.

Also am currently reading 6 diff books. Hard for me to stay focused.

Last read - The German Sniper by Senich

Current - "He Leadeth Me" about a priest that spent 23 years (5 in solitary) in Russian prisons and siberian work camps. Amazing.

Next - Prob one of the Hopalong Cassidy books by Mulford. Amazing author. Historical Fiction is my fav genre

YMMV
DT
You want a great read? Banditti of the Plains. History written first hand of the Wyoming cattle war and how it exposed corruption in the 1800’s all the way to the whitehouse. Absolutely fascinating.

On Friday, April 8, 1892, Ben Jones and Bill Walker rode down out of the Bighorn Mountains. They had been trapping for weeks. Ben Jones was a cook in cowboy camps, Walker a hand, and they had improved their winter-time by heading into the backcountry to procure furs. They had done well: with what they had caught, it would be a nice chunk of change, better than they could get working for ranches. They rode up to the KC Ranch. They had stayed a night here on their way in. One of their hosts, Nate Champion, had talked about how established ranchers resented his presence, but Nate wasn’t scared of anything.

Nate-Champion-portrait8907.jpg
Nate Champion, the hero of the Johnson County War. His own assassins commented on his utter fearlessness. Johnson County Jim Gatchell Memorial Museum.
Entertainment, not to say company, was scarce in the West, and Walker was a musician. This made him and his buddy particularly welcome, although Nate Champion, and his partner, Nick Ray, in their rural isolation, would have been happy to see almost anyone. Champion and Ray made the host request. After a nice dinner of steaks and biscuits, Bill Walker broke out the fiddle. They stayed up late into the night. They played all the old hits: “The Pretty Quadroon,” “Sweet Betsy From Pike,” “The Ship That Never Returned.” They drank most of a bottle of whiskey and had a hell of a time. In the morning, after a couple hours sleep, Ben Jones woke up and went out to get water for breakfast. After an hour passed and Ben Jones didn’t return, Walker went out to find him.

Bill Walker found himself facing the barrel of a rifle. These two itinerants had wandered into the middle of a range war. Exasperated with “nesters and homesteaders,” the established stockmen of Wyoming had decided to clean house. Or, at least, what they considered to be their house, the plains of Wyoming

Full text. Free because it’s so old.