• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ok, im building a 375!

JC Steel

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2008
Washington State
i have plenty of room out here to play! soooo, im building a 375

specs

375 cheytac
stiller tac 408 single shot 1.6"
benchmark 375 barrel, 30 inches. 1.350 for 5 inches, then a straight taper to 1.0
xlr hd evolution with extreme buttstock and 16inch forearm.

I am super excited, going to site it in, and then only shoot it at a mile and out. Have other guns to shoot the short stuff!!!

anyway, I am excited soI thought I would share

Sounds awesome, keep us informed, I'm about to build my second one on a stiller repeater with a broughton barrel

Have you already started your build/gathered your parts? Reason I ask is that RWS has my old one for sale and it only has about 75 rounds through it. The thing is absolutely amazing and the only reason I am not buying it back from them after I sold it is that in the mean time I got a 338 Lapua build instead.

a bearded wonder once tole me 375's are for the gays, and faggot green is the preferred color

That looks like a great build to me. How soon will this build become reality? I'd love to see pictures and results once that happens.

Because VJJ... Yes, I live somewhat vicariously. The connection from the computer screen through my optic nerves and back through my fingertips into the keyboard makes a complete circle.

a bearded wonder once tole me 375's are for the gays, and faggot green is the preferred color

Looks like I will be staying away from F****T green then

Lash, I am hoping to have it done be start of july, only waiting on the barrel,

Ill be throwing a few pics up I am sure.

I've seen a few builds like this and they had a couple of issues with the XLR stocks.

The inlet is not real good for the Stiller actions. Both a tac 408 and a Tac 300 had the bolt handle hitting the recess and gouging a chunk out of it under recoil. Also the recoil lug on the Tac 408 did not come into contact with its recess so there was room for the action to float about a bit. This action needed to be bedded around the recoil lug to fix this.
Also on the Tac 300 the trigger housing was in contact with the stock and resulted in a few hang fires and the rifle going off unexpectedly. A bit of work with the dremel fixed this.

Have you already started your build/gathered your parts? Reason I ask is that RWS has my old one for sale and it only has about 75 rounds through it. The thing is absolutely amazing and the only reason I am not buying it back from them after I sold it is that in the mean time I got a 338 Lapua build instead.

No sir I haven't still looking for an action, I have the barrel aready but nothing else

Jake, it sounds like you'll have it done in time to attend the ELR match Frank is talking about running in the fall.

You didn't say what twist rate your getting.

This. You didn't make mention to what twist you've decided on. In my experience with 375CT, correct twist rate is the single most important aspect of the rifle build. My rifle is almost identical to what you're building. Stiller TAC 408 SS, XLR, 30" heavy barrel, etc...

Also, a good optic to consider is the NF ATACR. I've been a long time S&B fan, and have several PMII's on numerous rifles and generally love that optic. However, with a 60moa base the ATACR works out just perfectly with 34+ MIL up elevation adjustment. My set up is bottomed out on the 60moa base with a 100y zero. Literally 2 clicks from the very bottom of the turret adjustment, so nearly 100% of the optics elevation travel capability is available for use. I even see the 2nd focal plane being a benefit on a rifle such as this (1000-3600y rifle), pinned on 25x all the time. The thin reticle of the 2nd focal plane is a nice benefit at extreme ranges as well.

Let me know if you need any specific help regarding this build or cartridge in general.

I just recived my new one. It's a .375 built on the Tac 408 1.45" repeater action with a 30" bench mark barrel. What is the prefered twist for this? Mine has a 1:10. Funny thing is I mounted the ATACr on it as well as installed it in an XLR chassis. Any one care to offer a little load data to help me get started. I plan to use 35ogrn SMK and 132.5gr Retumbo to start with.